1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Keenum, Stills. Good luck!

leroy likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Amare cooper, Sammy Watkins or E sanders?!?!? Dude I'm so conflicted. Cooper has the most potential this week but also the most potential for a goose egg. It's the playoffs man and I'm stumped!

3. NewRoxFan

The good news, I ended up with Winston over Cousins and McCown. The bad news, it only got me 16 points. I sat Goodwin but Gio did well at Flex. I stayed with Hunt and Gordon as RBs and was rewarded. Allen and even Jeffrey did well. My biggest fail was Brate. Hate the TE position.

Now hope to hang on to a narrow victory. Hopefully i wont lose due to the four points lost when Lutz FG was taken away.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Up 19 with my opponent’s Pats DST left. Butt clenched.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ben may have saved my season last night. Need 19 points from Cooks and Burkhead combined tonight for the win

6. NewRoxFan

one of many bad moves I made this year... keeping Cousins, dropping Ben.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Picked up Ben after losing Watson. He carried me to a 0.8 point victory last night. Now if I can fade some stat corrections I will be on to the semi finals and getting gronk back. Big shout out to you guys for mentioning Gio.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

hopefully those mike evans owners didnt suffer too badly

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I made the playoffs. Now down Wentz. Left with Cousins, and I got a sneaky pickup about 5 minutes before the Ravens/Steelers game last night with Flacco. He is playing the Colts week 16 which gives up the most passing yards in the league. So if I make it past next week I will have to decide between Flacco and Cousins.

Good luck everyone that still has games.

10. NewRoxFan

Had a 22 point lead, all my opponent had left was Landry playing the Patriots. Landry hasn't had over 19 points all season. Gosh I could have used that 47 yard Lutz field goal that was wiped out by a lineman lined up wrong, plus the penalty allowed the clock to run out.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I need 6 more points from Burkhead/Cooks. I cant believe this game tonight

12. NewRoxFan

Was 22 points ahead, Landry had two TDs (on only 40 yards) and gets 23 points. And I lose by less than a point. That 47 yard LutzFG taken away Thursday night was more that the difference. Brutal.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

FML

I lost by 1.7 points and am now eliminated. I lost to this same guy during the year by .1 points

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Comfortably in the semi-finals. Need help with flex again:

[​IMG]

Right now leaning Riddick. I like his increased workload and goal line carries.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

@kevC I like Theo there actually. If Abdullah is inactive again, go with him for sure. 2nd choice would probably be either Stills or Clay but I would probably sit tight and hope Theo starts again.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Need advice on who to start at WR 2. Brandon Cooks or Josh Gordon. Antonio Brown is my WR 1 and I’m going with BeastMode at the Flex.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'd go with Cooks because of the angry Tom Brady factor. Gordon has looked good but he's still on the Browns.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i would sit lynch. game flow can absolutely hurt lynch and oak isnt a good offensive team. both cooks and gordon are peppered with targets in good matchups

19. JTQ

JTQ Member

going to the semifinal in Week 15,

lots of choices to be made

QB Cam Newton v. GB
    Drew Brees v. NYJ
    Aaron Rodgers v. CAR IR-R

Definitely pick Rodgers if he starts , latest news was that collarbone is not fully healed . In case of Rodgers does not play gotta pick again between newton and Brees

TE Ricky Seals Jones v. Was
    Jack Doyle v. Den
    Greg Olsen v. GB

Have to pick one. None of these are great picks. RSJ and Doyle got a great matchup, Olsen has a pro-bowl potential if he is 100%. Kyle Rudolph is currently in waiver wire, but his matchup is so so (v. Cin)

My K (Butker) is playing Chargers , not really sure if he is going to pile up points against the great Chargers pass rush ... any recommendation for nice K with great matchup ?

20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Picking between Josh Gordon and Davante Adams. Leaning towards Gordon because Aaron Rodgers will be back.