1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am starting LAC for the second week in a row. WAS line hasn't been that great and LAC pass rushers should get a few sacks. And I am afraid Cousins will toss at least one INT. Decent chance at a fumble as well. One reason I am looking at other QB options for this week.

btw, Jets would also be a good stream. DEN offense has been awful. Jets running defense has been especially good which will force DEN to pass more.

2. NewRoxFan

Thanks... btw, Darkwa was DNP with an unnamed illness today. Its probably he plays, but just in case...

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

fwiw im sticking with cousins in 1 of 4 leagues that im in the playoffs in. Im not going to overthink too much with matchups etc at this time. if your best guys are fortunate enough to be healthy, they need to be started imo. you know who your best guys are at this point of the season. not much surprise is going to happen. minimize your risks as much as possible

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

jets. this game has one of the lowest projected totals. denver has a bad qb and struggles to put up points

5. NewRoxFan

Cousins has a tough matchup. But its the performances he has had the last few games that worry me more... DAL was a plus matchup. 14 pts. NYG was a plus matchup. 17 points. NO he was great. But SEA and he previous game against DAL (bad weather)... not so good.

I know he is a really good QB. And all I want or need is 18-20 points. I was spoiled having Winston and 30-40 point games. But a sub 15 point game would be a season-ender killer.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i like cousins floor. I dont consider winston a good qb at all so i wouldnt put myself in the position to where i said i started winston over cousins in the playoffs. terrible decision maker and turnovers. tb wins more games without him than with.

but thats just me

7. NewRoxFan

Thanks for the feedback and advice... wasn't arguing against you as much as battling my own questions and concerns.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha no worries. were far from arguing. just throwing out my pov in case it may or may not help some decisions

9. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Also have had mariotta all year and he has been barely adequate. Picked up rodgers earlier when he was hurt to start in playoffs but need to win this week. Should i pick up Garappolo for mariotta this week?

10. NewRoxFan

Fantasy Football is a cruel mistress... all week I was seeing reports that Ingram's toe was bad and questionable. he plays, and Kamara gets hurt. My opponent, of course, has Ingram. Also Freeman. Love being way behind before my players get on the field... :(

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Depends on your league rules. Bonus for yardage and/or 6pt passing TD's - I'd go with Jimmy G. It's a weird time in the season to gamble like that though.

white lightning likes this.
  12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Sitting pretty at almost 50 points out of Brees, Freeman, and Thomas. Only decision left is Stills vs Agholor.

13. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Yeah its a gamble. Kamura was my horse and since he got hurt last night i think i need to take a gamble at the qb position. Jimmy g has a greater chance at 20+ than mariotta.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol I had no players last night. and my opponent had Freeman and Ingram. If I win this week I am in the playoffs, if I lose I am out.

I am counting on two things Wentz and (it looks like I will be playing Ertz) having a touchdown together. And someone in my league dropped Telvin Smith (Jax LB) so if he has a good game and has a play that stacks points with my Jax defense. I will be looking pretty good. If neither of those happen I may be screwed.

If anyone wants to throw out their opinion on who to play in my flex and one running back spot, contingent upon Ertz being good to go.

Giovanni Bernard (Mixon is out)
    Jamal Williams (Aaron Jones may cut into his carries this week)
    Delanie Walker
    TY Hilton
    Jay Ajayi (booooo) ((2nd Rnd Pick)) :confused:

15. NewRoxFan

Play Williams and Gio. Goodluck!!

peleincubus likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That is what I was thinking. Gio and Williams should at least provide some points. And I just have to hope M Gordon/Adam Thielen/Wentz have a blow up week and then I am gold haha

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Stills or Agholor? Non-PPR. I have gone back and forth twenty times this week. I was definitely gonna put in Agholor is Ertz can't go, but it looks like he will. I have already put up 50 points from 3 players, so I'm looking for more of a high floor option, who I think might be Stills?

Ziggy likes this.
  18. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Need to win to get in to playoffs... 10 team PPR.

My RBs: Gio(vCHI), Drake(vNE), Alfred Mo.(@NYG), J. Williams(@CLE), McKinnon(@CLE), Hunt(vOAK)

My WRs: B. Cooks(@MIA), Crabtree(@KC), Landry(vNE), M. Lee(vSEA)

Pick 2 RB's, 2 WR's and a FLEX.

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think Agholor has a better floor than Stills, has a better QB, if Moore was playing QB, then Stills would be a nice play, but Cutler prefers to pass to Landry and Parker.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

(PPR league)

Kenny Stills or Demaryius Thomas?

Case Keenum or Cousins?