1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think Tevin Coleman and Dion Lewis are fine options.

Corey Davis got a lot of looks in his first game and hasn't been on the field since. I have him stashed still in a couple leagues, but it seems like they are being extra-cautious with him since they have Decker, Matthews and Taylor.

Mike Williams is going to be getting more snaps, but its hard to tell if he'll be a fantasy factor. SD also has 3 other receivers + 2 TEs who can contribute. Its hard to see Williams being startable this season without a major injury.

Golladay has really been a non-factor now after a great start, Marvin Jones has been more involved this year than in years past.

Doctson is probably the one who intrigues me the most as he isn't a rookie but he also hasn't been on the field much, but when he has, Cousins seems comfortable looking for him.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks Moes! Since it is looking more and more likely that Benjamin will be out (knee examined by Dr today), I think I will go Coleman as flex. And since Doctson is actually playing I may add him just in case Benjamin's knee is bad for this week and beyond.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have Doctson, Williams and Davis stashed in various leagues. Never hurts to own an unknown asset with upside.

John Ross has also been in the same boat as Williams and Davis, but he's been mostly ignored.

4. NewRoxFan

I remember Ross was the fastest player in the draft and the Bengals could sure use a vertical receiver across from AJ Green. I am guessing being a rookie WR and getting playing time is mutually exclusive.

If I move either Watson or Cousins I will try to add the WR (Davis or Doctson) I don't add tomorrow PM after I drop Reed. Davis seems really attractive based on the % of long passes and completions Mariota has had.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I played Amari Cooper. :D

theimpossibles1 and The Stig like this.
  6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Got a weird situation in terms of DSTs. I got the Rams and the Lions DST. Ravens is available right now. I like my odds of going to the playoffs and rolling a Lions/Ravens combo into the playoffs might be beneficial. Should I burn a Waiver priority on them? Need to make a move tonight.

7. NewRoxFan

Ouch, this one will stick in the craw for a while...

8. NewRoxFan

44 points, more than his previous 5 games and vaults him to WR15. Meanwhile maybe Reid and Smith will remember they have a pretty good running back that might help work the clock in the third and fourth quarters?

9. NewRoxFan

You roster two DSTs? I mostly stream, using NO this week.I used BAL last week and got lucky. A few weeks ago I had BAL and lost points. KC had 1 point tonight. Guess I don't see the point of worrying too much about DSTs and Kickers. I don't think I'd burn a claim for one.

The Stig likes this.
  10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Normally I would roster just one but Detroit is on a bye week this week and Iike their schedule coming off the bye. I'm just tempted to burn a WW because Baltimore plays Cleveland and Colts in week 15/16. Detroit has Cincinnati and Chicago. Just seeing which DST shakes out now and drop the other one later.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t normally either but I just picked up Detroit and Jax defense. Which are #1 and #2 scoring defenses in my (and I assume most others) league.

The schedules line up like this.

7 Colts
    8 Steelers (hopefully 5 int version of steeler QB)
    9 Packers (essentially a rookie QB)
    10 Cleveland
    11 Cleveland
    12 Cardinals
    13 Colts
    14 Seattle/ or Tampa Bay
    15 Chicago
    16 San Francisco

That is 7 out of 10 great potential matchups. Along with an old Ben (currently ranked 28th at QB per week) Older Palmer on the Cardinals.

Seems like a great move to me at least.

12. NewRoxFan

You know, despite me questioning this earlier, I actually think you are onto something. I am now looking at adding DET...

13. theimpossibles1

My opponent did not.:D

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah man. It made too much sense to me. I already had Detroit which is on a bye. I almost dropped them and then saw Jax was dropped which I used my high waiver on. Those are at a minimum above average defenses playing against either rookies or old QB’s, they should at least score a few touchdowns and get me in the playoffs. Or even better a defensive TD against Chicago or San Fran in the playoffs could almost win a week for you.

15. NewRoxFan

Grabbed DET dst. :) But question about weather and impact on games. Supposed to be rains throughout NO at GB game today. I have Davante Adams at WR, NO dst and Lutz (K). starting. Should I move off Adams (guessing GB moves even more towards running game) to Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI or Keenan Allen vs DEN? And should I switch off Wil Lutz to Dan Bailey (DAL playing in SF)?

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Nice move @NewRoxFan. I got Detroit and Baltimore DST now, who are #2 and #3 respectively. I think I made the right choice to burn the WW for them. I had the Rams before, who's #4, but their schedule gets harder from next week out.

As for your K question, I don't think it will make that much of a difference. If anything, the offense stalls more often and FG attempts go up. As long as the wind isn't super crazy or there's a crazy blizzard going on, I don't think weather is a major factor.

Tricky WR situation. I think Adams should be fine. I rank Adams > Benjamin > Allen in that order. Your call.

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

Thanks to injuries, need some WR help again this week,

Need to pickup one to start:

Fowler, Den vs Chargers
    Kearse, NYJ vs Mia
    Doctson, Was vs Phi
    Stills, Mia vs NYJ
    Woods, LAR vs Ari
    Watkins, LAR vs Ari
    Kupp, LAR vs Ari
    Gabriel, Atl vs NE

Thanks!

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think if its PPR I'd look at Robert Woods as a 10 point floor option.

In standard you need to try and find a TD catch so at that point throw a dart on Fowler, Kearse, Watkins.

mulletman likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Agree with Moes... I'd gamble on Fowler in standard. Gabriel would be great except Sanu is back. Don't like playing London players and Stills and Doctons seem more risky. Good luck!

mulletman likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

LOL... note to self, avoid buying into over-hyped streamer DSTs, eg New Orleans Saints (though TEN appears to have been a good one). Another note to self... if you do choose to stream, always choose defense playing CLE. Always.

After two straight scores above 150 standard points, I will hopefully break 100 this week.