1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Looking ahead at my WR byes (weeks 9, 10). I am re-thinking the idea of adding a high upside rookie (Davis, Williams, Golladay) and instead look at startable WRs for those week. The two biggest names on waivers are Willie Sneed and Sammy Watkins. After those two, the next best are Taylor Gabriel and John Brown. Does one of these stand out as the best to add on Tuesday's waiver claims?

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Amari Cooper has just 522 yards in his last 15 games

So who wants to trade Amari Cooper........

3. NewRoxFan

I wouldn't mind trading my Jordan Reed for Cooper... ;)

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Raiders offense is broken. Pace is too slow and teams appear to know what's coming. Carr being banged up may be part of it, but the defense isn't getting any turnovers and they seem constantly unable to gain momentum.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im thinking Taylor Gabriel could get a nice work, but thats for now, for the weeks you have mentioned I think Snead will be healthy and ready to play better.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I dropped Sammy Watkins. He is the only player I drafted that I have dropped so far. I picked up Andrew Luck, figured he would have more value. And at this point Watkins would not be started over my other players. I also still have Corey Davis.

7. NewRoxFan

Since the Morris to Breida add/drops doesn't look like it will have a benefit, also looking to see if I should add a startable RB to cover during Gordon and Hunt bye weeks (also 9 and 10) . I have Coleman but his play is still determined by opponent and game situation. The most touted one is Orleans Darkwa that had a 100 yard game and a TD the week before. He plays LAR and SF those weeks. CJ Prosise is also available, and plays WAS and ARI. Rob Kelley is another option, with SEA and MIN. The last would be D'Onta Foreman (with the hope he gets more carries) against IND and LAR. EDIT: Also Matt Forte, with BUF and TB.

Of these four, any preference? Guessing most will chase Darkwa's recent numbers so would likely need to place a claim on him, but the others are probably available after Tuesday night.

#487 NewRoxFan, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Would you rather have AJ Green or Mike Evans for the rest of the season?

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I just traded Antonio Brown and Dak Prescott for Leveon Bell. My backup QB is Carson Palmer so it's a significant drop off, but the way my roster was structured having Bell will overall be beneficial. Might try to trade for a better QB if Carson ***** the bed.

Now my roster is:

QB: Palmer
    RB1: Freeman
    RB2: Bell
    WR1: M. Thomas
    WR2: Hogan
    TE: Jared Cook/streaming
    D/ST: Jags
    K: Zuerlin
    Flex: Fuller, Agholor, R. Kelley, Perine, Riddick

12 team standard short bench league. Did I make the right choice?

10. NewRoxFan

Wow, what a great decision to have to make. Me? I get to decide on Jeffery or Benjamin. :eek:

Seriously, both are awesome, and I'd say AJ Green by a smidge.

CharlieMurphy likes this.
  11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow you guys have problems. Here I am trying to decide between Nelson Agholor and Tyrell Williams.

12. NewRoxFan

:) Seems Swagholor is the choice, as Mike Williams will likely eat into Tyrell's bidness and Wentz is using Agholor in the slot more (than my Jeffery, unfortunately).

Since the first place team with higher waiver claim grabbed Darkwa, I am back deciding between Lewis, Prosise, Collins, and Forte, or newly dropped Gore and Riddick. Suggestions?

Also dropping Reed to add Davis, Golladay, Williams, or Doctson. Hoping I can wait until Friday so I can make sure to avoid playing against Reed this weekend. And yea, I'd love to trade him instead, but trades just don't happen in this league.

13. NewRoxFan

... and just like that, my league just had its first trade offer and accepted. My Jordan Reed for his Amari Cooper. Now just have to hope Cooper turns it around. Since I was dropping Reed anyway, thought it worth a shot, but my experiences with trades last year have been mixed at best (my Blount for Fitzgerald = bad, my Rivers for Baldwin = good).

14. NewRoxFan

... and, just like that, the other owner now rejects the trade after accepting it, saying he accepted too quickly and upon further evaluation it doesn't help him enough. I wonder if another owner messaged him... the guy I just beat messaged me asking me "I was kidding" re: the trade. I hate trying to make trades in this league. I will wait and drop Reed, add Davis or Doctson.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hey Moe,

I was considering starting a thread for NBA daily fantasy. I recall you used to have a DFS site and was curious if you still operate that and what's the web address?

I'm looking to get more involved in NBA last year. Played a $3, 315K+ people tournament last night and managed to place about 6,000 using the scrubs and studs strategy I recall you preaching.

Anyways, would love to check your site out again or get some input throughout the year on players to look for etc...

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I still have a lot of articles I wrote up at dailyfantasydork.com

Unfortunately I am now in a state which does not allow DFS. Hoping that changes soon. Sucks not being able to play NBA this year.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I like it, you downgraded at receiver (obvious) but you still are left with legit options from Thomas, Hogan, and Fuller.

But the biggest thing is you now have two RB1s at your RB positions. That could become a deadly commodity late in the season and in the playoffs.

Is there anyone you can pickup and drop Kelley for at the QB position? I'd even say Hundley for example as they may be playing from behind quite a bit going forward.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Not anyone I'd take over Palmer in our league. I'm trying to work a trade for Drew Brees or Cam Newton (these guys are on benches for some reason) using one of Fuller or Agholor.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad this isn't an option in my leagues. That would piss me off!

20. NewRoxFan

two questions;

1. Usually choose three WRs to start (2 WRs, one Flex) but my WRs ave a few bad matchups this week, so need help choosing two WRs and Flex from the following: Keenan Allen vs DEN (Chris Harris), Alshon Jeffery vs WAS (no Josh Norman), Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI (hurt knee), Davante Adams vs NO (Hundley QB), Tevin Coleman vs NE, Dion Lewis vs ATL?
    2. Who is the best high-upside WR for ROS: Corey Davis, TEN, Mike WIlliams, LAC, Kenny Golladay, DET, or John Doctson, WAS?