1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I needed 4 points from Jordan Reed to win....I'm so mad right now.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Help me win the championship, brehs! Standard scoring.

[​IMG]

Again, everything is set but WR2 and Flex. I really like what they're doing with Bilal Powell but I don't like the match up. Taylor Gabriel is again interesting this week as a boom or bust flex play.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Championship game #2. This one is half-PPR:

[​IMG]

I think everything but WR2 and flex is set here too.

4. JTQ

JTQ Member

I also did an upset after getting smashed 50-122 by Laveon Bell Inc. .. I ended up winning 108-75 in semifinal thanks to the return of Alshon, Awesome Powell and oh so reliable McCoy... so off we go to the final against...of course Laveon Bell Inc haha.

Standard Scoring

QB Pick One .... Big Ben (Home v. Ravens) , Jameis (Away @ NO Saints)

WR Pick Three .. Mike Evans (Away @ Saints), Golden Tate (Away @ Cowboys), Julian Edelman (Home v. Jets), Alshon Jeffery (Home v. Redskins) and Taylor Gabriel (Away @ Panthers)... currently trying to claim Inman (Chargers) from waivers for Garcon (Redskins)

RB Pick Two... LeSean McCoy (Home v. Dolphins), Bilal Powell (Away @ Patriots), Doug Martin (Away @ Saints)

TE Pick One .. Delanie Walker (Away @ Jaguars), Jimmy Graham (Home v. Cardinals)

K ... Hauschka (Home v. Cardinals)...or Streaming ?

Def Cardinals (Away @ Seahawks) or Streaming ? currently trying to claim Chargers (v. Browns) off waivers.... NY Giants also available

5. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'd put in Mathews over Crowell. And I'd go with Tyrell Williams over Britt, but it's close. Surely there is a better TE on waivers than Will Tye?

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah TE has been an adventure for me. It's a 12 team league with deep bench so everyone hoards TE's. I have a bid in for Ryan Griffin but looks like Fiedorowicz is coming back so I'm not sure what to do.

I thought about putting in Mathews but if Sproles is coming back I definitely don't want him in there.

7. thething

And you definitely do want Crowell? Neither are great options but I'd rather go with the one coming off a big game than the one who couldn't run on Buffalo (who got torched by Leveon Bell the week before).

Whether Fiedorowicz plays or not, Griffin is still a better option than Tye. He's averaged 7 ppg whereas Tye has only averaged 5. Plus Savage could help.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Crowell has been solid all year (a bit hit or miss, but still) averaging double digits in 0.5 PPR. San Diego has a terrible run defense. I like the match up at home.

I like Mathews if Sproles is not playing, but even if he isn't, I never like playing Thursday night players. Also Giants run D is solid.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think crowelll is a good play. 12 or fewer carries in eight of the last nine games and his workload is very game flow dependant. personally his floor is way too low for someone i would trust in a championship game. Chargers are basically a TD fav and duke has been racking up PT as they fall behind. just my thoughts

10. kanggang

kanggang Member

What's the deal with Lamar Miller's ankle, would you guys start him in your championship game?

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Any ideas in this league? Basically pick two of Edelman, Tate, Landry, Gabriel, and Powell.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm in the finals, any advice?

[​IMG]

My opponent for ***** and giggles. I'm expected to lose by 20+ points. My team always seems to find a way to win though.
    [​IMG]

13. thething

Landry is dead to me (I drafted Landry and got burned week after week this year) and Julio is playing, so it's between Edelman, Tate, and Powell for me. If Forte is playing, then Powell goes to the bench. If not, I might bench Tate. Those 3 are ranked pretty close for me, though.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Pick 2:

Terrence west @Pitt
    Powell @NE
    McKinnon @GB
    Blue vs Cin

Also, Ebron @ Dal or Vernon Davis @CHI?

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dez Bryant won me a ship last night.

Other league won by 60.

Two trophies in three leagues. Fantasy went well for me this year.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

2nd place one league, champion another league. Great year for me. @thething and @YOLO , I'm glad I didn't take ya'll's Crowell advice ;)

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Lost. And lost bad. Ended up in 6th of 12. Lots of lessons learned especially around the draft, one of which is you have to have RBs. And lots of them. Made mistakes trading for WRs (first Fitzgerald, then Julio). After losing Gordon the game before, I lost Miller before the game, and then Ware and Rawls in their respective games. While the team I played had DJ, Coleman, and Freeman. I drafted a RB in the first round (admittedly, the wrong RB, then drafted WRs the next three rounds). Next year I may draft RBs in the first two or possibly three rounds.

I also need to rethink QB. Nice to get one that consistently gets you over 20 standard points. MY QBs (drafted Rivers and Mariota, switched Mariota for Winston in a bad decision, then traded Rivers for Baldwin and adding Wilson).

Since its all over it will be interesting to get folks predictions on the top 12 players (picks) next year?

Here are my guesses: DJ, Bell, Elliott are the top three. Then probably OBJ, Dez, AB, Evans, Julio, Murray, Shady come in the next seven. Then maybe Gordon and Howard. I am guessing that Jordy, Freeman (or maybe Coleman), Ajayi, Hilton. Maybe Michael Thomas jumps in there?