1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I'm on Elliott of having the better year, thinking 1500-1600 total yards, 12+ TDs.

2. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Team B wins this. Big.

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

So right now, I have it lined up like this.

RB1: Gurley RB2: Rawls
    WR1: Evans WR2: Jeffery
    Flex: Decker 1st Back up to Flex: R.Mathews

Would you still consider taking the deal? Thanks for the responses Kate81!

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I like your current options. Stand pat, no trade.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i really doubt that happens. pretty shocking to see those kind of numbers for a RB these days and not to mention a rookie. Yeah id bet way under on that

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

dont kid yourself on someone who is completely unproven. Unless you want take the gamble or have your own questions against gurley, he is the better pick right now

7. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I made a trade that I think fixed my draft issues:

I get:
    Brandon Marshall
    Matt Jones
    Tajae Sharpe

They get:
    Jamaal Charles
    Deandre Washington
    Allen Hurns

Good trade?

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

How do you guys rank the late round qbs? Let's say out of tyrod, tannehill, palmer, Carr, Ryan, Winston, stafford

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

Palmer, Stafford, Tyrod, Carr, Winston, Ryan. Palmer has 3 great receivers and an amazing running back. I doubt the quarterback, but not the offense. Anybody could put up stats there. Detroit is speeding things up so I like Stafford. The others are good but I've learned my lesson--never draft Matt Ryan.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't forget about Mariota. He may not have 300+ yard upside weekly as a passer, but his ability to get rushing yards means he'll at least have a decent floor.

Targeting your QB2 requires two separate thought processes. If you're taking a legit QB1 like Newton, Rodgers, Wilson, Luck, Brees, Roethlisberger, then your QB2 should be based on their matchup during your starter's Bye Week. If you're waiting on a QB, it is best to pick the best 2 available, and stream them all season based on matchup.

For instance in a league where I drafted Brees, I went matchup based and took Mariota as my backup since he plays the soft Dolphins secondary in Week 5 when the Saints are off.

In another league where I waited and drafted Carson Palmer, I nabbed Tyrod Taylor as my backup and I won't hesitate to turn to Taylor if he has a better matchup than Palmer.

Going Tom Brady / Derek Carr is a pretty interesting strategy this year. Carr has a very soft schedule the first 5 weeks of the season which means he could be putting up QB1 numbers and then when Brady returns from suspension he takes over as your starter.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well my plan is two punt qb and streamline 2 depending on matchups. I know palmer did great for me last year but for some reason I'm not feeling him this year, possibly because of Johnson? I think I'm leaning tyrod and Winston but I did forget about mariotta.

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Got one spot left on my bench now that I've discovered the IR spot. Been thinking about picking up either Jesse James or Taj Sharpe. Any suggestions?

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

New at FF and doing my first draft tomorrow. I am #8 in a standard 12 man league. Guessing the players that will be there will be among the following: Hopkins, Gronk, Elliott, Green, Freeman, Robinson. I think the general idea is to load up on the best WRs, then RB, before TE, but among the players above, what would be the best player with my first?

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In the 8 hole I would consider going RB/WR. Maybe Elliot / Robinson or WR-WR with Green / Freeman. Just rank your guys accordingly and still to best available.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks Moes... also somewhat tempted by Lamar Miller... would that be a reach compared to Elliot or Green?

16. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Gurley, last season 1300 total yards 10 TDs in 12.5 games.

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Who are your running backs?

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seems fine at quick glance. I'd move up Jordan Reed though. And you might want to boost QB's if they get 6pts for passing TDs or +3 or more for 300+ yard games.

20. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Ingram, Gore, and Jones

My WR core was terrible before