1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by senter, Oct 12, 2014.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Wroten, Wiggins, Shabazz, Wesley Johnson, and KJ are still in FA pool. Those are the only names that stood out to me.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Well Parker's x-ray was negative but he's still undergoin an MRI, so the duration of his injury time is not yet defined. If he misses only a small amount of time he's definitely a keeper.

It's weird that Stoudemire is still available in your league, what does your roster look like? He's putting up very solid numbers and has been improving over the season.

How many teams are in your league? Think you can find a spot for Amare, but I don't know your roster. But considering dropping Parker leads me to believe it's a small league where everyone has great players.

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

10 man league. H2H - Points.

PG - Lillard
    SG - R.Jackson
    G - Lawson
    SF - Covington
    PF - Lebron
    F - Jefferson
    C - Vucevic
    C - Favors
    Util - Collison
    Util - Gibson
    BN - Jabari
    BN - C. Lee
    BN - D. West

Any advice will be greatly appreciated since I got some money involved in this lol.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jabari out for the season, grab Amare or Meeks.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

Found a better gem than Meeks a couple days ago, picked up Shabazz Muhammad. He's getting me some major points.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dropped Meeks soon after I signed him, Pistons are a mess. Have Shabazz in one of my leagues and he's been fire, lucky that he's still been available for you.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Check your leagues for Dudley and M. Smart. Smart should receive a lot of playign time now and is a great source for all-round stats and steals.

Dudey has been tearing it up lately and is really undervalued.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Zeller and Len are also having a great month and should continue to put up good stats. Zeller should be grabbed in most deep leagues, Len should be available in many. Len is puttting up double-doubles and 3+ block games in less than 25mpg, it's insane. Should receive more playing time in the next weeks and months.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just traded Chris Paul, Dirk and Deandre Jordan for Durant and Lowry. Mistake?

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Is there a reason why someone would drop Gordon Hayward? He's available in my league now and I am contemplating on pulling the trigger for him and dropping Courtney Lee.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Do it. Do it now.

1 person likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

dafuq.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lowry and KD should be nice, you also increase your fg%&ft% quite a bit. Btw Dirk is really disappointing this season, was my 1st round pick in one league. :(

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

That was my exact response. Thought there might be something that I don't know about.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nurkic and Aldrich are two really solid Cs production-wise and with steady minute increases. NYK will also waive Dalembert, so Aldrich will be a player to keep.

16. Amir's Johnson

Time to update my team:
    Rajon Rondo
    Reggie Jackson
    Tony Parker
    Mario Chalmers
    George Hill
    James Harden
    Wilson Chandler
    Tobias Harris
    Al Jefferson
    Dwight Howard
    Marc Gasol
    Derrick Favors
    Jonas Valanciunas

I traded Wiggins for Al Jefferson, traded Mozgov for George Hill, and I just traded Marcus Smart for Tobias Harris. :grin:

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Wiggins makes me angry, waited 1 1/2 months to drop his azz and now he finally puts up beast numbers across the board.

1 person likes this.
  18. Amir's Johnson

I waited patiently with Wiggins, and as soon as he started putting up 20 point games, I sold high.

1 person likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I also sold, but I am kind of regretting it already...needed assists, but I sold him for Rondo, and Rondo really hurts you in FT %. We'll see...

20. split41

split41 Member

I just trade Kobe for Wiggins - It just felt like Kobe would help me in some categories and kill me in others. Did I sell too low on Kobe?