1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by senter, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    You should probably drop Gallinari, he's turrible this year.

2. Amir's Johnson

I picked him up because he's slowly getting his minutes back and Shaw said he's not sure who will be the starting SF yet.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Guess it's a gamble like I did with Wiggins. Hope they both have a strong December and 2015.

4. New Generation

Kind of already made the trade, but Howard for Millsap? Is it going to come back to haunt me or will it be worth it?

5. Amir's Johnson

I wouldn't have done that.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My fantasy players apparently made a pact against me this and last week. The fg% are legendary (on the bad side).

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm glad I drafted Jabari! He's going to keep getting better as the season progresses. He looks way better than Wiggins at this point.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, I came too late for a live draft and it gave me Wiggins, he's really disappointing. Still hope he picks up a bit.

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

So I'm having one of those nightmare seasons where I both have major guys underperforming and my whole team getting absolutely shelled with injuries. I'm in 7th and about to fall further after this week's matchup.

With Cousins (round 1), Rubio (5), Martin (7), and Gibson (10) out and Jefferson (2)/Dragic (4)/Iguodala (9, finally waived him in frustration) performing way under their slots, my only response has been grabbing injury handcuffs to my own guys (Brewer/Mirotic - how pathetic a strategy is that?)...
    should I just keep juggling waiver wire guys (currently holding L. Williams, Brewer, Mirotic) and hope to scrap for a final playoff spot after the new year, or do I need a major panic trade/shakeup? Also holding Conley (3), Anderson (6), R. Lopez (8), and Carroll (12).

#69 CDrex, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just snatched Covington, Tyler Zeller and Pat Bev in my leagues. Covington is available in nearly every league, quickly grab him.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm playing classic old school 10-team roto ESPN. Had a terrible draft; some depth, but only top 5 potential guy was Durant, and of course he was injured at the start of the season, so I am sitting at 6/10 right now.

My strategy is always the same, trade depth for star players and then fill up from the waiver wire.

Managed to trade for Anthony Davis and Chris Paul by basically trading away all my depth.

This is my current team:

[​IMG]

Made another trade that will go through today where I traded Dragic and Green for Brandon Knight. I am expecting to have three top 5 players (based on averages) when all is said and done, and one top 15 guy (Knight), and am hopeful I will manage to get decent enough role players to win the league.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Marc Gasol for Love/Parsons? What say you?

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What's the rest of your roster? Marc Gasol is a significant contributor in all aspects, don't know how much you value blocks and fg%. Love and Parsons should be getting better as the season progresses and give you 3pt shooting and points, but their fg% and lack of blocks can be a problem. Both for Marc is a deal you have to consider though.

Btw eff Jeremy Lin, thought I made a steal and he's been playing like a complete scrub and kills my fg%.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Finally dropped Wiggins after a turd of the season and what happens, two 20+ point games with high rebounding and steals. 23pts, 10reb, 4ast, 2stl tonight on 9-16 shooting urgh.

Why you doin this to me breeh.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Grad the Jodie Meeks breh, he's been a great pickup and should get heavy usage for Detroit.

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Jabari is out. Time to go hunting in the FA pool. Tempted to pick up Faried, Amare, or Motiejunas but I think I got way too many Bigs in my team. Wish someone can look at my FA pool and advise me from there.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You can take a screen and upload it here.

18. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wiggins is a fg% and ft% killer, also barely offers anything besides points. Not worth it right now. Keep an eye on Brooklyn's injury list, Lopez will possibly return next week, same with Teletovic. Plumlee seems to barely get minutes when everyone is healthy, had him for a while and he's not worth it then.

20. The Stig

The Stig Member

Can't screenshot at work, but do you think dropping Jabari for Jodie Meeks is worth a look? Or should I just pick up one of those Bigs I mentioned in the previous post?