1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by senter, Oct 12, 2014.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Dropped Hill for Sloan. Hope it pans out.

How about dropping Afflalo for Courtney Lee? Would you do this?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hard to say, Lee is profiting from some guys being out and getting more minutes as a result. Don't know if he'll keep his minutes up when the other guys return.

Afflalo will be the starter all season for Denver and their production is very similar, so I'd keep him.

3. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This is how it's done, boys.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Keeping an eye on Schröder, seems to finally secure the backup spot at ATL and produced good numbers in the last games. May grab him soon.

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Arron Afflalo or Evan Fournier? Which would you rather have?

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Fournier is ballin for me right now, many 20+ ppg games.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And to add, Nuggets have a way bigger rotation, so you'll have plenty of nights where a starter barely plays 20 minutes and also, shot distribution is more spread.

Fournier is one of the Magic's go-to guys right now and gets many touches and fga each night.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Had to drop Copeland. This guy is such a fg% killer, urgh.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Traded Tony Wroten for Drummond. What do you guys think?

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

Wroten is getting a better Avg Fan Pts than Drummond so I think you're good to go there.

I have Jabari Parker right now. Is he worth holding on to or should I start looking for trade options for him?

What kind of players should Al Jefferson be netting in "trade talks"? I had a couple of bad offers for him already and I'm curious to know.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Also, should I drop Pekovic for Kelly Olynyk?

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I would consider dropping Pekovic for Olynyk, yes.
    More apg, consistent scoring, slighthly more steals and also 3pts. Should make up for the worse rebounding.

Jabari...he's inconsistent but still puts up decent ppg, rpg, spg and 3s. Don't know what players are available as free agents in your league, think it will be hard to find someone better. Also expect JAbari to play a bit more consistent as he gets used to the NBA game.

Jefferson is a consistent 20ppg/7rpg/2apg/1bpg guy, his value is good. Can you tell me what players you got offered for him?

To the guy dropping Drummond for Wroten, I wouldn't have done it. Drummond is really inconsistent on scoring and the FT% and fg% is really troubling. Wroten is filling up the boxscore in every category right now and should continue to do so.

1 person likes this.
  13. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thanks Yung-T.

The trade in question was Drummond and Josh Smith for Jefferson. I want a Marc Gasol kind of player back if I part ways Jefferson.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The deal would be not horribly bad because of Smith, although his shooting percentages are ugly. Fills up all other categories though. Drummond basically gets you rebounds and blocks, shooting percentages and ppg are way below average.
    Shooting percentage wise the trade would be a clear downgrade overall.

Don't think Jefferson is worth a M. Gasol type of player, M. Gasol is top 10 in fantasy value right now because of his high contributions in every category. But Jefferson should definitely net you a really productive player in a trade.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hey Yung-T thanks again. So now, I've been offered Jefferson for Monroe. What's your take on it?

BTW, I dunno if this matters but our scoring type is H2H points, not categories.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hard to say, I'd think Jefferson is the better solution because of more consistent points(and higher point outbursts) blocks, steals and fg%. Monroe has a higher RPG right now and was good in scoring for the last 10 games, but he will barely give you any steals or blocks.

Pistons lost nearly every game when Monroe had big minutes recently because of his defense, so I can imagine him getting less minutes. Also think Jefferson didn't play as well as he can and showed last season, should only get better.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jefferson and PArker with great games tonight, breh.

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

Haha thanks for the advice bud.

Hope this is a sign of what to come with Jabari, was a big fan of him when he was at Duke.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wiggins finally with a breakout game, you really have to be patient with this year's rookie class. Glad I kept him in my lineup.

20. Amir's Johnson

I luckily picked him up from the WW a few weeks ago. I'm loving my lineup so far:
    Rajon Rondo
    Reggie Jackson
    Tony Parker
    Mario Chalmers
    James Harden
    Wilson Chandler
    Danilo Gallinari
    Andrew Wiggins
    Dwight Howard
    Marc Gasol
    Derrick Favors
    Jonas Valanciunas