1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

False Rumors led to Chicago looting of Miracle Mile

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Aug 10, 2020.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

As a Houstonian who moved to Chicago in 2000, has family in Chicago and went to H.L. Richards HS (with Dwayne Wade btw, but that doesn’t matter) the gang violence has been there for a long, long time.

The local government has never cared and when you mix Blue Island students with Alsip students, it doesn’t go well. Maybe that’s why I had 3 high schools to choose from and I just went to the closest one being in Chicago Ridge. I don’t really know the current environment because I left in high school to come back to Houston and a lot of my family has moved wayyyy out to the suburbia/farm areas to get out of there.

I can’t imagine how bad it is now. I hear from family it’s way worse, etc. but geeze it’s sad that nobody has done anything to try to fix it. Thanks Obama

generalthade_03 and JumpMan like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Miracle mile turned into 8 mile

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

I’m glad nobody is looting the galleria

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

So how’s the decline of Chicago any good?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks for being smart and cultured
    Unlike the people you reply to

doubt dumb posters know what the miracle mile is
    Or where Chicago is on a map

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BLM targeting and looting of "white" businesses could be considered a hate crime:

https://reason.com/2020/08/12/looti...d-by-associated-with-racial-group-hate-crime/

"Of course, it's up to prosecutors to decide whether they would charge a hate crime in such a situation. And of course in some situations the defendants wouldn't have sufficiently signaled their racial motivation, and it might not be possible to prove such motivation (as opposed to the facts of the underlying theft or vandalism, or the desire to steal property or attack the wealthy regardless of race). But if defendants indicate that they are attacking businesses in part because the businesses are seen as associated with whites (or with Asians or with blacks or with Hispanics, as might be the case in that particular riot), that is indeed a hate crime under Illinois law."​

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chicago went all medieval on their ass:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...head_break_our_windows_policing___143946.html

"After looters struck downtown Chicago on Sunday night, officials literally raised the bridges to prevent rioting hordes from roaming so easily. They also blocked road access and stopped public transit. So, we have come to this: a major American city is replicating the strategy of medieval castles: flood the moats and raise the drawbridges. All that is missing are crenelated battlements and Welsh longbowmen."​

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Jeff Bezos needs to save Chicago

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He goes into to blame George Soros...

Is Soros the mastermind behind all of this? Serious question. He puts in money for dem politicians but what is he advocating that's scary? I know about Koch and Sheldon Adleson money.

What does Soros have to do with BLM? Hopefully the sources are the SFW variety...

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good thing it wasn't a kiddie p*rn ring out of pizza store basement. Could have been worse...

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably more Batman Begins. Where they did raise the bridges to stop the spread of rioting. (literally the bridges over the Chicago River.)

RayRay10 likes this.