1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Faith Hill stepping away from 'Sunday Night Football'

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by david_rocket, Apr 15, 2013.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...hill-stepping-away-from-sunday-night-football

Faith Hill tweeted she no longer will be singing the intro for NBC's "Sunday Night Football."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="es"><p>Amazing 2 have been part of SNF - an honor. I've just let everyone there know it's time 2 let someone else rock the open.</p>&mdash; Faith Hill (@FaithHill) <a href="https://twitter.com/FaithHill/status/323797868848766976">15 de abril de 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="es"><p>….Difficult decision.Kinda emotional. Love all u guys at SNF - I'll b watching!!!</p>&mdash; Faith Hill (@FaithHill) <a href="https://twitter.com/FaithHill/status/323798110713286656">15 de abril de 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hill has opened NBC's telecast for the past six seasons, belting out her song "Waiting All Day For Sunday Night," a reworked version of the Joan Jett hit, "I Hate Myself for Loving You."

The intro starred Hill -- usually in high heels -- intercut with a computer-generated montage of NFL stars (you might recall Adrian Peterson making a dynamic football move on a frozen lake this past season).

Judging by Hill's tweet, it appears it was her decision to step away from the "SNF" brand. Expect NBC to replace the country icon with a similarly safe, commercially relevant artist whom your mom knows.

2. 713

713 Member

Carrie Underwood.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ill take Katy Perry's fun bags for Faith Hill's legs.

4. likestohypeguy

What do you mean no longer be singing, are hers specific to each game's teams like hank's? For some reason I thought it was the same every week, & they just showed that game's players on the video walls. They could just say okay & keep playing it the contract allowed.

legs, those were near upskirt shots.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah! Bring in some goozers for a nice change-up.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you are under 40 you can't qualify.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

[​IMG]

Slackers !

;)

DD

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good call.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bad career move for Underwood. She will now be known as the Sunday night football girl. You only do this when your career is falling off. Faith Hill and Hank Williams real careers were on the down when they became football singers.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sure Carrie Underwood needs to be afraid of her career falling apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blown_Away_(album)

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Never watched. She's rich, popular and prolific enough that she could have wanted to do something else; but asked for a really big pay-bump first. I guess it'd have been nice to have institution like Williams was with Monday Night; but he probably stuck around just to have a steady paycheck and some kind of personal stability: really shocking that his dad, rather than him, died before 30.

In any case this has certainly set off, behind the scenes at least, a pretty fascinating casting and audition call.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why does it have to be a chick. There is nothing that gets me pumped up less for a big football game I've been waiting all week to see than a whiny sounding chick in the intro.

I'd rather have someone totally lame like Nickelback or hell, Travis Tritt.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Go from a Tall blonde (5'10'')...to a Short Blonde (5'3'').....

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Nobody wants to return to a gargantuan Pink stomping through a city?, lol. Pink almost ruined her career on that one. Faith Hill stepped in because it was that bad. At least NBC recognized they had to make a change within one week. The song sets the tone. When they get it fight, it pumps you up for the event. Problem is the game is still good, but because of the over indulgence we get now with Thursday games, Sunday night games, less special than it once was. But still good tv.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    I think you're the first person on the planet who has ever wanted to listen to Nickelback.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The difference between Hill's legs and Underwood's legs is negligible.

I'm okay with this move.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Well, we are losing a lot of length apparently, hope they prop Underwood's ta ta's up to cover the difference.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pics? I don't follow "singers".

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Never really knew this was that big of an issue or concern....