1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Fact Checker] Barkley: Rockets Can't Win by Outscoring Golden State

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Actually, some players do play the entire fourth quarter, or most of it. I don't recall if Draymond is one of such players, and I can't seem to find any place that keeps that statistic (average minutes by quarter). Good chance Iggy is in the game while Draymond is out, at the very least shaving a few of those 10 points.

I agree we have more room to grow. I disagree that Young's play offsets Iggy. He wouldn't go 7-8, but he'd likely go 3-8, Iggy would provide more defense, leadership, and attacks on the basket. I totally disagree about NeNe. GSW didn't really play a center most the game. NeNe would have been useless running out there, which is why Capela only played like 17 minutes. Don't get me wrong, NeNe is huge for us, and THE reason I felt like we lost vs the Spurs.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Again, I don't think NeNe would have done much for us against the Warriors.

I don't think Ryno is nearly as bad as people make him out to be, especially on the road.
    No, but I agree. What "this" is all about, is people thinking we proved something in that first game. I don't think we proved anything. We barely got the win and there were a lot of factors at play that allowed for that to happen. And yes, they have more talent on paper than any team, IMO. We're also less talented on the court. We have a good team, and we will improve, but the Warriors are still a juggernaut and I am not getting excited watching that game thinking oh yah, we're just about there. I still feel like we have a ton of work to do to get on their level.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If he played 12 full minutes that would have given him 40+ - a mark he reached in regulation precisely 0 times in non-OT games in the entirety of the ~75 regular season games he played last year.

Epilogue: The 3 times he did go above 40 min? These were all overtime losses, including to the Rockets

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

Well how did Harden lead the league in assists last year?

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ok, so he wouldn't have likely played all 12 minutes. That still doesn't account for him missing the entire 8 or so minutes he likely would have played in the FOURTH quarter -- when it counts.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can make up your own stories if you want about me
    99ers have always proven themselves
    like when I dropped $150 on cheap seats at Oracle last year to see the Rockets play

Fly out to enemy territory to watch the Rockets.

99ers are pure , you are trying to discredit the sun from shinning

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He was already at 28 minutes, and he played the entire 3rd quarter. Draymond doesn't play 40 minutes, and no one plays all 24 minutes of a half.

Kerr was trying to run us out of the building by playing Green the entire 3rd Q, and he almost did. But there is no way Green plays the entire 2nd half, and after that full 3rdQ, Green is very likely resting during our 3 minute 10-0 run of Paul's

Come on, this time management of Green is not really debatable, unless you're just to clinging some notion that he could have played all 24 minutes of the 2nd Half, so it's possible, just to duck my point.

If you do that, I'll probably remember you moniker and never waste my time talking bball with you again,,,you Negative Nancy. :p

#107 heypartner, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  8. rockpileindisma

What!? I'm just wondering why you fly to oracle to watch your team and then enjoy watching idiots like Barkley and Shaq take a fat crap all over the team you just spent 150 dollars of hard earned Tinman cash to go see? Just a question bud!

swyyyguy likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There aren't enough minutes to go around to give Young 26 minutes to hoist up 8 shots, if you are going to give Iggy his 26.

It's a wash because Iggy will naturally play a lot of those Young minutes we saw, so Young can't produce on the bench, and Iggy won't add 7 threes to that game.

Also Klay doesn't play 38 minutes normally. He took some of Iggy's minutes too. That's definitely a wash.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

that was last year.

I enjoy Inside the NBA, doesn't mean I agree with it.

There's something called the remote control, if you don't like it , don't watch it.

if you keep watching it and complain about it, that makes you a SUCKER

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

And of course, I'm always wondering just whom all the babblers would actually have on this team ? Or what they would do? And how they would play ? And whom the coach would be ? And what color their jerseys would be ? And what city they would play in ? etc........................this gets tedious.....

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Sry was at lunch.

I disagree that it would be a wash. Both of us are making assumptions on how certain players would play versus another, but Iggy is a much better overall player than Young. That being said, Young is still a streaky player and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had games throughout the season like this (as in like 1 every 10). I wasn't aware that Paul was hurt coming into the game, so that does change some things.

Steph didn't play particularly well. Klay seemed to disappear after the first quarter. They didn't take advantage of Sean Livingston like they usually do (dude's got a nasty mid range post game). Outside the first quarter, I didn't the Warriors looked that great...which is why I am not taking anything away from this game. We have a lot of work to do.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Oh I'm totally a negative Nancy! Too many years of disappointment. It seems like every time I get excited something bad happens.

I still blame myself for losing to Portland. I hadn't looked at my phone all game. Chandler hit the layup (I think), to put us ahead by 2. I checked my phone (stupid!), saw all these messages about us winning, and I said "don't let them hit a three." BAM, Lillard hits a 3...

I have a story like that for so many big games, or times I've talked up the Rockets and then we've stunk it up.

We perform better when I am critical. The players respect my criticism. They reach out to me on game day asking what they are doing wrong and I always provide them with at least three things they suck at .... :D

Real talk though, I just think the Warriors are scary good and we can't beat them in a series until we are playing 100% because our total talent level just doesn't match theirs, IMO.

heypartner likes this.
  14. rockpileindisma

So if you complain about something but keep returning to it then You are a SUCKER? Does that apply to the Lin thread?

15. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Screw you Charles Barkley.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

changing the subject means you lost the argument.
    saying a basketball player is playing well or not doesn't mean you have to watch every game, you just need to read the recaps and stats.
    watching TNT over and over again while you say you don't like it, means you aren't switching the station.

but, i'll give you a C for effort.

Why don't you just stop watching TNT? just watch the game and watch some pokemon cartoons when post game shows pops up?

17. rockpileindisma

A C? C's get degrees!

I don't watch TNT recaps but I watch it when the rockets are playing. I was just wondering how you can be a rockets fan and get off to that r****ded stuff Charles and co say about your team? Are you not a rockets fan?!?

18. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Brackley suck and still fat **** him

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol.

What Charles Barkley says vs my fandom are two different things.

Yes you do watch TNT recaps, I don't even need to hack your cable box to figure this one out.

20. rockpileindisma

I do not. I'm a channel surfer. I surf channels.