1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fact Checker] Barkley: Rockets Can't Win by Outscoring Golden State

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think anyone watches inside the NBA for analysis. I just watch because its kind of funny.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Shut the hell up with this

POOOR WARRIORS HAD TO GO 12 full minutes with a mere 3 All-NBA/All Star players including 2 former MVPs in their prime instead of 4 all-NBA players.

Meanwhile the Rockets had to go down the stretch with precisely one All-NBA playerr - with no Nene, a one-legged Paul who had to be benched in the 4th as well.

GSW had to do without 1 period of Draymond and yet *another* former all star missing. Meanwhile the Rockets are an injury away from rolling out GOAT CHEESE to play real deal minutes at the Oracle on ring night.

Shut the hell up with this.

3. rockpileindisma

Hmm good point! I'm just saying someone such as yourself, 99er, epitome of rockets fandom...would not like to watch a group of guys **** on our squad day in and day out but I guess you aren't as big of a Houston fan as I thought :(:(

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol nick young scored like 30 points. Iggy would have taken shots away from that. Cp3 was injured....

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Green played 5 minutes less than normal, and gave them full production vs Paul being hobbled. As for Iggy, come on, Swaggy isn't going to go 6-7 on threes every game, or even twice in a series. Iggy's replacement did great. That's a wash.

Quit making excuses for them, because we weren't at full force yet, either, and we have much more potential to get better due to chemistry-building than they do. They have the same team, essentially. We added 4 rotation players.

We are going to get better.

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He didn't play the fourth quarter. That's key. He gave them full production for 3 quarters, imagine if he'd have finished the game.

Iggy is a former all star and a fantastic player off the bench, he could start for most teams still. Sure Young had a ridiculous shooting night, but he'll still make a few of those each night. So you divide Young's production in half, add some more production from Draymond, and Iggy's average, and yah, we don't look too good.

And yes, we have a lot to work through and should get better, but until that happens, we are not on the Warriors level.

They have the same DOMINANT team. I mean I get pissed just thinking of their roster. Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, Iggy, Draymond (ugh), K Dizzle -- those 4 alone could dominate most teams.

I'm a pessimist. The Warriors are THAT good. No way am I getting excited about that game. In fact the whole time I was watching it I was just pissed. Pissed at how we came out flat. Pissed that our offense got stuck watching Harden dance. Pissed that we couldn't secure key rebounds at the end of the game. I'm very critical of our team because they haven't proved they can do what's necessary to win the big games on a consistent basis. I think of it as tough love.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the only way to beat a team was to outscore them.

Kind of like what we did on Monday.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well hell if you add 15 more points to CP3 and Nene production then that changes the game as well.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Sure, Young had a phenomenal game that isn't likely to be repeated too often...but they didn't have Draymond for the entire fourth quarter, that's HUGE! I hate the man, but he is their glue and chemistry guy. Iggy does so much more than take shots. He's a two way all around player. I don't recall when CP3 bumped knees, but if anything that just off sets Draymond's injury.

PJ Tucker saved us.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Right but GS got gold production from Nick young. Also not likely to be repeated.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we are indeed better or as good as them we will show in the playoffs. Words from homers dun count, esp. this early going into the season.

Homerism this early is not my style 2.

Draymond can talk because he has 2 championships under his belt. If we get there, I won't have a problem with players running their mouths, but it's early.

#91 daywalker02, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yes, but they lost Draymond for the 4th and Iggy for the game!

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Draymond is good, but he ain't Chris Paul, who we haven't even really seen yet.

Rockets are still a half a step behind the Warriors, but we are much closer than people think.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No one plays the entire 4th Q. Don't turn 8 minutes into 12. He already played 27 minutes. No way he plays 39 minutes. Hell, he might not have even come back in until Paul surprised them with that comeback to cut the lead to 3 so fast.

We went on a 10-0 in the first 3 minutes of the 4th.

Good chance he's resting on the bench for that whole run, so we're in the game, by the time Kerr figures it out, that our defense means business....then it's too late, and he has a game.

End result with Green getting 7-8 more minutes might be a GSW win, but I contend we still make that comeback regardless, and still have much more room to improve than they do moving forward, given our 4 new players and Swaggy does not shoot like that often, making it a wash that Iggy didn't play....Nene not playing was an issue for us too.

Do I think we can beat them in a series? Not yet. But I loved that PJ and Moute showing, and have faith Paul gets better.

RudyTBag and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  15. SamFisher

Since we're in imagination zone, imagine if Chris Paul hadn't bumped his knee in a meaningless preseason game? Imagine if Robert Covington was still in Houston? Imagine all the people, living life in peace...woohooo oooh ooh oh.....

But we're not in that zone, we're in the fact zone , where the Warriors are able to roll out a more talented star-laden team EVEN WITHOUT DRAYMOND FOR THAT LAST STINT HE MISSED, pretty much every single minute they were on the floor on Tuesday night.

Still wasn't enough. And if you're not proud of that, pick another sport or something.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We had a hobbled Chris Paul? Why take away what we did for that game? What's the point of ******** on it!?

SamFisher and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We should worry about the Spurs as well. They are not done entirely. LMA is starting a renaissance obviously. Last year's LMA was very bad/below mediocre.

Pop often fools MDA.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

When did he get hobbled? It was the second half, right? So it offsets Draymond. Still doesn't account for missing Iggy.

But Curry didn't play that well either.

Are you trying to argue that we should have beat the Warriors by more? The only thing I'm arguing is that we aren't nearly as good as the Warriors at this time. We have plenty of room to grow, more so than GSW, as HP pointed out, but they're still the team to beat. They're still the mega star team stacked from position to position.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Cp3 was injured the whole game. He was hobbled in the preseason. More than makes up for missing iggy

20. SamFisher

Against Memphis over a week ago?

It actually more than offsets, and yeah, missing Iggy, but with swaggy P playing the best first half of his career instead. Meanwhile we have noNene and have to rely on Ryno, off all people, to provide interior D and reobunding as a true big because Clint was off yodeling all night...and to his credit Ryno responded.

Good argument that the Rockets are less talented on paper than the Warriors - that's what this is all about?