1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex-Texans GM Brian Gaine Accused of Targeting, Firing African American Employees

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have no problem with the Carl Smith hire.

On easterby it sounds like he's becoming one of the most powerful people in the organization, right after OBrien. I think that's crazy. From everything I've read he was a character coach who really wasn't into the football operations, scouting or football coaching much. He was more like an advisor, mentor, chaplain, etc helping players with personal issues and advising belichick on his assessment on players

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think you should be careful about what you think his job is here based on the narrative that got started by John Lopez. His stuff was bogus.

Easterby is going to be to OBrien what he was to Bellichick. OBrien is who brought him, not Cal McNair. He is not who got Gaine fired. Just like with Bellichick, he will be in on personnel meetings. Furthermore, you need to read the articles about him. He did help run practices. He is not a coach certainly in the traditional sense, but he was considered very valuable by the Patriots.

3. Mr. Clutch

Ok fair enough. Wouldn't be surprised if Lopez is wrong

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Mr. Clutch

I wonder is this is just a result of a lot of Texans employees getting fired once Rick was gone

plee likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's a strange read, this thread. Depending on who you have on ignore.

csj likes this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

This would have been more impactfull if Mr. McGeoghan wasn't white

[​IMG]

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. justtxyank

Yikes do a lot of people have me on ignore?

csj likes this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not you, I assume it's whoever you are arguing with. Bobby?

csj likes this.
  10. justtxyank

Mr. Clutch

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I didn't realize easterly was a team chaplain. weird. so he is like mr. important executive and the "god guy"? Those two roles are usually separate, no?

12. justtxyank

He doesn't actually push God or religion. Should read about him instead of focusing on the titles he's had.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I saw that video of him talking at that conference. I don't care about titles. he's obviously a "god guy" not saying he pushed it on players. relax

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I find the timing of this report EXTREMELY suspicious. It smells like ButtChin is trying to "justify" his underhandedness.

IBTL and Mr. Clutch like this.
  15. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I find this shocking. I really do. In this day and age someone would do that? If the Texans fired the GM for this, it is to their credit and they should reach out to the former employees to make things right. However, I reserve judgment until all facts are out but the termination is suspicious.

16. Mr. Clutch

Remember that Gaine was O'Brien's yes man

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Texans arent going to jump on that grenade.

Especially when gms bring in their new people. Likely nothing to see here but a nice attempt at the race card. Who knows he could be a racist pig and yet bringing in your own folks is still mutually exclusive.

Certainly gaine could be a pedo too and im sure there will be all kinds of slams on gaine. In fact i blame gaine for all wars.

18. Mr. Clutch

I think O'Brien wanted to remake the whole thing and fire a lot of people. Even, for some reason, secretaries and security and lower scouts. It probably wasn't done in the most sensitive manner. They deserve this.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The suit is about gaine.
    Im saying gms bring in new people so not much else can say. Its that simple. Not sure how they have a case besides sour grapes. I could be wrong here of course but the issue in their case is that.

My wife fired this gal on hr orders. The girl called hr and then hr called my wife saying the girl was upset. Umm well of course she was she just got fired!

20. Mr. Clutch

Well I think Gaine was just doing what OBrien wanted. Why does Gaine care about who the security guard is? It's really dumb.