1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ew, you really want Iggy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Aug 16, 2019.

?

Do you want Iggy still?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

48.6%
  2. No

51.4%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude even with context, Morey said it in a pretty matter of fact way.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Which era?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, we don't want any Warriors.

Now I would sign this Tru-Warier:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

True Rocket and saleem like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope, I hate the 'weak' competition argument for anyone. That's what people say about Hakeem, that he won because he didn't have proper competition.

Kareem's lakers beat the Bad Boy Pistons, Isiah, Dumars, Rodman, all them...
    Beat Bird, Parish, Mchale Celtics, yeah those guys.
    Julius Erving, Daryl Dawkins, Mo Cheeks 6ers

I never like the competition excuse for Jordan, I don't think he had specially harder competition than Kareem or Lebron. He surely for instance never had to go up against a team loaded with all-stars and led by two MVP caliber players, Lebron and Harden have, doesn't mean that Lebron > Jordan for me, it's just what it is. Kareem beat who was in front of him. Did most of the league suck then? Yes, but that's how it is now, 3-4 teams have a chance to win it all every season realistically and those 3-4 teams are usually stacked with all-star talent. If you look back at the teams he faced in the conf.finals and finals you'll see a list of Hall of Fame players and really that's true for every champion. Championships are never easy in this league because most teams that make the finals outside a few exceptions (which Kareem never went against...like AI 6ers or Jkidd Nets...) don't really get it easy.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He really should have stopped right there, best scorer today, but I feel if Morey is saying Jordan than he's doing it to get the medias attention, he had to know that would float around sports talk radio and ESPN as something to laugh and scoff at.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

70s i believe. Also, another argument is that Kareem played with quite a few dominant offensive players that Jordon never did. Though I guess you can make the argument about Jordon and the defenses hes played with. Personally I think Magic,Worthy,Oscar>Pippen,Rodman but thats just me.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Those were in the 80s, I was talking about the 70s where he won his championship with the Bucks and even then he was playing with Oscar Roberston. But even then Kareem was playing with Magic Johsnson and James Worthy that is definitely higher to me thatn Pippen and Rodman.

Kareem's Lakers as I have said before had a lot more talent than Jordon's teams. Also notice that for the most part, Kareem didnt really have dominant big men he could go up against regularly. Hakeem played against way more talented big men during his championship runs. And no one ever says that about Hakeem everyone just talks about how they never met Jordon's Bulls those years(one of which MJ lost early in the POs).

Why? Jordon played in the dominant conference during his time and won consistenly. I do definitely. Yea Lebron had to go against the Warriors(and a lot had to go right)but Lebron(specifically Lebron) has for the most part of his career played in a much much weaker conference. Like for a many number of years the east was embarrassing compared to the West. As for per the last part of your argument, yea I get it, but relative to other greats, Id say Kareem generally played against much weaker competition, even at his own position, relative to his peers.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not really. He would be better than Shumpert, after a buyout. I don't want to give up anything for him. I don't care if he joins the Lakers or any other team, if declines to join Houston.

htownballa1622 and J.R. like this.
  9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

10. Invisible Fan

Didn't he win in Milwaukee with a bunch of scrubs? Kareem was dominant for a long long time. Also for a position when the shelf life of a starter big was 5-7 years.

The only thing he was missing was a photogenic smile and a roll over attitude with journalists.

saleem likes this.
  11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

If I know my history, even Kareem had a period where he was considered an underachiever, I think this is comically referenced in Airplane!

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I don’t want him because he’s old and makes too much money. On a buyout, sure.

saleem likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Oscar Robertson is not a scrub, and the competion, was really weak in the 70s. Even the 80s weren't amazing for the center position. Though my history is admittedly fuzzy, feel free to correct me.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

HP3 likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

I wasn't born in the 70s so your Google is as good as mine

HP3 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well, the "Shade Harden on his left to force him right" employed by the helpless is tantamount to the "Jordan Rules" employed by the Pistons.

When there is no other recourse but to completely change your defensive strategy FOR ONE GUY is more evidence Harden is, at the very least, in MJ's category offensively.

That strategy may have bothered Harden, but it didn't stop him.

D-rock and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Listen kid. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

D-rock, Invisible Fan and Jake Tower like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay, but what about all the other years teams were doing this strategy and Harden didnt perform up to par. I love Harden, I feel like this year will be the year he has an amazing post season run, I even think he will be looked at as better than Kobe and Wade by the end, BUT....he has to put that PO performance together first and if you wanna compare him to MJ, he's gotta do that multiple times more in the POs.

19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Didn't Kareem beat up Bruce Lee in Game of Death?

How many other Centers beat up Brcee Lee and was in Airplane or any great movie s

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Im good on dude....washed kinda...vet min, sure.

Otherwise, you guys need to gtfo with this infatuation with other teams trash.