1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Man we got to give props to our midget 6th man, who has just been awesome this year.. he is averaging the most silent 19 ppg that I have ever seen.. The guy literally would be a starter for every other team outside of maybe us, Warriors, Portland and Washington and he is only 28.. He goes about doing his job and has played really solid D as well.. his production post all star has been remarkable.. he is shooting 49% from threes and 46% from field since the all star break while maintaining his average. He is our Klay Thompson equalizer and gives us an awesome punch of the bench.. He literally plays the bench minutes of both Chris Paul and Harden and we don't skip a beat because of his offensive prowess.. He is obviously not on the same scale when it comes to passing but he is elite when it comes to creating his own shot.. With the addition of Paul he has taken his game to the next level.. he is statistically better then last year in almost every category.. he has really had his ups and downs with the team and the forum, but we got to give props to the best number three option the rox have had since the days of dream, clyde and charles.. Definitely our best sixth man ever..

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Our best 6th man ever? Are we just going to pretend Von Wafer never existed?

DD

3. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Man Von wafer was awesome.. there was a time that his drives just couldn't be stopped... yeah but EG edges even Vonny

4. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Agree whole-heartedly with the sentiments, but...."midget 6th man"???

BigSherv, D-rock and durvasa like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I appreciate but i wanna see this in playoffs

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

midget may be too hard.. he is 6-4 so obviously not all that short, he just plays player a lot bigger due to his strength so appears smaller.. and he is a sixth man, when this team is 100% healthy.

BigSherv likes this.
  7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

He's as tall as James Harden, isn't he OP?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DreamShook, Game7, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  9. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I thought he was shorter then 6-4, because he is always guarding taller players in the post due to his strength, so I thought he was around Chris Paul height.. I was surprised to see that he is 6-4..

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

IMO, he’s just as good as klay Thompson.

He can shoot AND create his own shot, unlike klay.

ribbit, D-rock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I was at IU at the same time as Eric Gordon and had a class with him. He was an approachable guy, quiet but friendly, and always made time before/after class to sign autographs and talk to fans (when he attended class, which was admittedly only a handful of times over the semester).

I've always followed his career and was stoked when we signed him. I knew he'd be solid here, if he could stay healthy.

mac_got_this and jbasket like this.
  12. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Dude Klay can create his shot, he is obviously not as proficient or looks quite as smooth as EG, but his three point shot accuracy and head fakes alone are enough to fake players and get him an open lane.. plus he does have a bit of a post game.. but he is a deadly catch and shoot player.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

He's definitely not his listed 6'4 height. Looks 6'3 at best in shoes. Harden looks like a legit 6'5. Harden looks a good 2 inches taller than EGO, sometimes looks 3 inches taller. 6'4 listed height is laughable. Still not a midget even for bball combo guard average height and he's strong like bull.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

just coming in to give props to our man EG, he is the actual X factor in the playoffs i think, when he is on, he can impact the game just like the Beard and CP, unlike Capela, which will need to work with Beard and CP, EG can go out there and lead his own squad, we need peak EG to stay with GS in the playoffs!!! let's go!!!

15. macan

macan Member

come on man i thought him got cut for a sec..

hakeem94, heypartner and napalm06 like this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What I like about him this year is that he seems to be catching fire at the right time. Last year, he couldn't miss the first two months of the season then came back down to earth. This year, it seems to be the opposite. Hopefully he continues to carry it through the playoffs. That would be huge.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Barefoot draft combine measurements have Gordon at 6'2" and Harden at 6'4". Seems consistent with what I see on the court.

eric.81 likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm really glad he didn't die, seeing this thread title this morning. Clutchfans doesn't usually do appreciation threads for players that are still on the roster.

hakeem94 and seeingredtx like this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Appreciation threads are reserved for break ups.

Ban thread. Delete OP.

hakeem94 and seeingredtx like this.
  20. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I saw this thread and thought to myself...damn back to back threads with incorrect titles...what are the odds...wasn’t disappointed.

BigMaloe likes this.