1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early 2020 Democrat POTUS Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Sep 7, 2018.

?

Who do you want to win the Democrat nomination in 2020 to run against Trump?

1. Bernie Sanders

11 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Corey Booker

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Elizabeth Warren

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Joe Biden

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Kamala Harris

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Kirsten Gillibrand

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Hillary Clinton

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  8. Other

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, she's just a boogey-woman for them. I literally laughed when I even saw her on this poll.

quikkag likes this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

She has five votes in the anonymous poll. She has more votes than Spartacus or Kamala Harris.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You will notice that Republicans aren't prevented from voting in the poll.

4. Granville

Granville Member

Hillary just to watch her lose twice

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Pretty obvious: The concern is their facilities will be diminished while in office. What do you think is happening now?

quikkag likes this.
  6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And his presidency was a stunning success (not). But perhaps you were just talking about the election of 1976, rather than the Carter administration itself.

cml750 likes this.
  7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I'll say this: remember how Bubba seemed to come out of nowhere in 1991/92? So, it could well be someone that is not on these lists.

quikkag likes this.
  8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I have to laugh at all the talk about "racism." I don't think it exists any more, not on a large scale. That is, if we define it as judging someone based on the color of their skin.

Now, there is plenty of prejudice -- but's that's prejudging people on how they dress, talk, and act in public. It's mostly cultural. And it can be argued whether it is a bad thing or not. These things can be changed. Skin color cannot.

Probably most here are too young to remember, but "discrimination" used to be considered a good, positive thing that one needed to learn. That is to say, one needed to learn to "discriminate" about who was a good person/bad person, good job candidate/bad job candidate etc.

But of course now, to "discriminate" is be part of the evil patriarchal elite 1% ruling class...….(sigh)

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Could be, but that person would need to be showing up really soon. Unfortunately, in the US, campaign season starts day 1 after the previous election.

My intuition tells me there are three people on this list and one of them will seperate herself when she starts campaigning and getting more media play.

10. body slam

body slam Member

Old and senile?

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Walking upright was probably worthwhile, but we should probably stop pretending like we are rational actors when we have plenty of scientific evidence that we're not. I wouldn't call it tribalism though. Aside from just hating the word, it's supposed to mean an undue allegiance to your group. I'm saying I see an undue allegiance to white men -- even to democrats, even to women, even to blacks, even to Muslims, a tall white wealthy man in a good suit has an easier time convincing people that he's smart, experienced, wise, has good leadership, etc, and make people more comfortable voting for him, hiring him, promoting him, lending money to him, signing contracts with him, or whatever.

But you said you had your own idea on it. What was it?

That's funny. I never really thought we were 'post-racial', but the last two years have really shown me what my black relations always suspected -- that the racism never went away, it just went undercover. Nowadays, stealth is less important.

quikkag and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...just as a tongue-in-cheek response, it's always been my experience that, as you say, it has been easier for a white man to tell a lie than it has been for a black man to tell the truth. Just like you said.

If I didn't have a little fun in here once in a while, I wouldn't know what to do with myself...:)
    But also to your point here, there are more than a few people who believe the earth is flat or only a couple thousand years old, so that's one strike (or two) against evolution...

#132 mdrowe00, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I came across this interesting stat. This is a list of the top 7 senators who have voted against Trumps position.

K Gillibrand: 8.9%
    J Merkley: 10.1%
    E Warren: 10.1%
    B Sanders: 11.4%
    C Booker: 12.7%
    E Markey: 12.8%
    K Harris: 15.2%

If the only qualification to be the next DNC candidate to run against Trump is to be someone who is most vocal and unsupportive of Trump, its going to be a bad election.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yes, why can't a moderate Republican runs as a Democrat for President?

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hickenlooper basically throwing his hat in the ring:

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) said Wednesday that he is "leaning strongly" toward a White House bid, marking his latest indication that he could run for president.

"I'm the governor of Colorado and I'm gonna run for president," Hickenlooper said during a stop in New Hampshire, where he's campaigning for down-ballot Democrats.

He quickly added that he hasn't "made a final decision" and that he's "leaning strongly" toward a White House run, but said "if I say I'm absolutely doing it then there are all kinds of legal ramifications."​

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ado-governor-says-hes-leaning-strongly-toward

more at the link

NewRoxFan likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The mighty Orange God Emperor is leading us to greatness is what's happening now.

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

20. cml750

cml750 Member

I do not see that happening but it would make for a very interesting election.