1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwert to Return to Lake?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 18, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was that purposefully sabotaging the Rockets bit at the end. He was legitimately trying to lose games and admitted as much on TNT.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It was obvious in that last playoff series. He was just going through the motions, not playing hard on defense, late to rotate...

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Dwight was here 3 years. The Rockets tried posting him up time after time. He proved he was terrible at it. Stolen passes, lost balls out of bounds, bricked hook shots hitting nothing but glass. Wasted possessions.

The Rockets tried to make it work, but when it was obvious how inefficient he was in the post, he needed to suck it up and adapt. Instead he passive-aggressively whined and pouted, then quit on the team at the end.

4. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Rockets fans are extreme. "They" will extremely like you one minute and extremely hate you seconds later. When TMac arrived, he was loved. But because he got injured and *gasp* tried to do what he thought was best for him, bring on the hate. *Yes I know this is oversimplifying the timeline of things, but we all know the history no need to regurgitate it here.

Dwight was wanted desperately and we got him over stiff competition such as the Mavs and Lakers, and we as fans were glad that someone finally chose us. Fast forward to one Harden defensive guru assignment later, "Chandler, you guard Lillard... let Pat stay on this guy..." and 2 years of lackluster showings and boom... under the bus you go. *Yes I know I know I know... but you get the point

Now I have no idea what in the HELL Charlotte and Atlanta and Washington were doing, but for a minimum guy and the 4th 5th or 6th option on a contending team. If it weren't for hurt feelings I'd take him, but this board would be UNBEARABLE!!!

TLDR;

[​IMG]

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is a lot of wrong in here, but I don't have the passion to debunk it.

There is a clear reason why fans dislike TMAC, Dwight even Parsons so intensely, but still root for players like Bev, Lowry, and Battier

6. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Clear does not necessarily mean valid. I am well aware of the stated/standard reasons. I just do not agree with them. It’s my opinion to have and you are free to disagree, I do not mind.

IMO there is only ONE Ex-Rocket that deserves everyone’s enmity: Quitten. I would add Derek Fisher to this list, but he never defiled a Rocket’s jersey. Thankfully.

macho GRANDE and clutchdabear like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agreed. Clear and valid.

Nook, RudyTBag and Patience like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. TilmanFinancialWindfall

In my Darth Vader voice ...let him destroy the Lakers.

LeBron, I need more toucheßssass

10. Hardy Toll Road

I was the first to call it. I am now at cyber's level :cool:

11. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Agreed. Met Dwight twice, and he was always willing to talk or joke around a bit. He's weird, no doubt (the dong jokes i heard were a bit much, understandably), but he always seemed accessible to the fans. His attitude just seems more linked to the court and his being in the NBA in the wrong era for bigs.

If he changes his attitude and becomes more of a PnR like everyone seems to agree, then I think I might be a bit happy if he wins one. If he doesn't though, the guy is just being stubborn.

[​IMG]

plutoblue11 and Air Langhi like this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You just have to get Dwight whining and b****ing... James will tear his ass up.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Looks like the Lakers strategy will be size. They don't have the guards that the Rockets have, or the Wings that the Clippers have, so they plan to bludgeon them with size. The Lakers will want to unleash a big troika rotation of Davis, McGee, and Howard on the Rockets rotation of big men (Tucker, Capela, and Chandler) or the Clippers rotation of big men (Green, Zubac, and Harell).

Exiled likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Still an elite rebounder.

Poor defender, no longer can prevent penetration and rotates poorly.

The Lakers defense will be bad when he is on the floor.

alethios, RudyTBag and YOLO like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

#36 J.R., Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  17. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lebron need to go full Hollywood and turn the lakers season into a tv show like basketball wives

BigShasta likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Who do they need to request permission from?

I thought he was a FA

Edit: I see above he's with Memphis.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For Dwight, purposefully sabotaging your team is as valid as it gets. How difficult is it to simply play relatively hard and do what your asked to do? Houston fans don’t ask for much. o_O

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Clyde: I like it!!