1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant's Achilles injury.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Astrodome, Jun 6, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Durant won’t even be 31 when he’s recovered from this. He’s getting a Max from somebody without question. I’d rather give him a max with this than the contract we gave Paul.

Invisible Fan and KingLeoric like this.
  2. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I hope you’re right. However, those players are people who take on the role of being players. The important part of that is that they’re people. Even though we’re strangers, if I saw you hurt on the street or something, I would do everything I could to help you. That’s what we should all do as people. I can’t believe thinking adults cheer these things.

jcf and hajkov like this.
  3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This could reverberate throughout the league for a long time. I know that we've all suspected Durant-to-the-Knicks has been a done deal all year, but even the Knicks can't be stupid enough anymore to hand a max contract to a guy who may have just suffered the most damaging injury in sports and will miss the majority of the first year of a new deal. There is now a scenario where Durant signs a one-year deal with Golden State, similar to Boogie, and spends the year rehabbing.

Classless performance from the Toronto fans, inside and outside the arena, to cheer the injury. They fired up the Warriors and invited scorn from the rest of the league upon them when, up until that moment, they had the backing of 28 other markets. I'm still hoping that the Raptors win this series, but I can't deny that Golden State would be showing some real "Heart of a champion" play if they pull this out in 7.

#83 mtbrays, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe they are like us here in houston and their lower level fans arent the most savvy fans. The upper concourse probably groaned.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KD said Dafuq.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No, their "real fans" cheered too.

Look at them wave! SAVAGE lol.

Astrodome likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People just HATE KD. He brought it on himself. Klay goes down... they aren't cheering like that.

napalm06 and Andre0087 like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, yeah, you, me and everyone in the NBA. :D

[​IMG]

9. adoo

adoo Member

by the same token, class act by Lowry, Ibaka, and other Raptor ballers,

who immediately gestured to the crowd to stop it.

overall, i am impressed by the class / professionalism shown by Lowry
    • didn't physically retaliate after being shoved / cursed by the one of the Warrior owners
    • stop the cheering by Raptor fans when KD was injured

waytookrzy079, Deckard and Yukyuk like this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He has a player option for the next season.

11. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

In fairness they were initially cheering the steal and fast break by Ibaka that resulted in a foul. They didn't know the severity of the injury. They were chanting KD KD in respect when they realized and he was leaving

12. Yukyuk

Yukyuk Member

Uhh...they were literally "waving goodbye" at him when he came up limping. They knew, and were happy, that he re-injured himself.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...toronto-raptors.299143/page-127#post-12460056

#92 Yukyuk, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Tfor3 likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He will exercise that and recover on the payroll. Will hurt the Warriors big time on salary cap.

DD

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Why is it taking forever to announce the MRI results?

This whole thing has seemed really fishy to me even from the start, really doubted it was a calf injury and still am today.

Tfor3, chadyang and RKREBORN like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Raptors fans didn't know the severity of the injury at the time, emotions are high, and KD is a very hated player. This isn't some massive conspiracy of evil fans.

Warriors fans were hooting and hollering and cheering when Draymond took Harden's eyes out...

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Spoke to a former texan player tonight and he thinks it was originally a calf which set in motion what happened last night. He says that a calf injury changes everything with your lower leg and it took him 9 weeks to recover from a mild calf strain.

napalm06 likes this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

Are you guys new to being a fan? I curse out the opponent, want to see them hurt, get into a fight, and would cheer in the heat of the moment. Has nothing to do with rationale, being disgusting or crazy. It’s about passion and the spirit of a crowd.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No way man. I been a fan for years and years and I don't want to see any player get hurt not matter how much I dislike them. I get being passionate and ****, but to wish harm on another human being, regardless of monetary status, is just low.

Astrodome, jcf and jevjnd like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you want to see guys hurt. that has 0 to do with being a fan or spirit of a crowd. just plain pathetic. you should be slapped tbh

Astrodome likes this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Reading is key, in the heat of the moment like that video of Raptors cheering when KD is hurt shouldn’t be surprising. That’s just passion. Once people realised it’s serious then we get back to our regular emotions and of course would not wish that on anyone. Outside of that heat of the moment of course it’s not normal to wish injury on anyone.