1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, even if that's when he got hurt, it wasn't due to the O line not holding, it was a fluke where a defender flopped onto his knee well after the ball was out. I mean, so yeah, even if that's when it happened, it wasn't due to the O line even though the O line was tragic.

2. raining threes

If they were to sign the guys I like, Hubbard at RT on the cheap/OG Kline on the cheap, trade for a LT like Glenn and draft a LT that can play LG like Williams/Crosby etc... the OL will be a lot better and there should be enough cap room to add a CB or S in FA.

I agree it's totally doable.

Nimo likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

IIRC, he's had the injury once on each knee....not both on the same.

4. raining threes

The point is he had a 2nd ACL surgery.

I'm no Dr., but I would think it would be worse to have both knees hurt than one knee hurt multiple times.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

So the Texans got more for old, salty, looking for an extention, could have cut him Duane Brown than the chiefs got for Marcus Peters on a rookie contract. Is that right?

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm going to keep bumping this thread until it's locked because this **** shouldn't be here. Sick and tired of seeing this fools name the the Texans sub.

J.R., raining threes and csj like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This article alleges we failed Jeremy on purpose because he's a guy that sat for the anthem:

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

it doesn't matter why they failed him, turns out it was a good idea to do so. The picks they got instead of him are more valuable than he is especially with the trouble he's in right now facing a suspension.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean I’m glad he’s not here because he’s a bad player and now has issues, but if they really failed him because they didn’t want an anthem guy pathetic. That story getting out only further hurts

Fulgore likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess, but it's not really a credible story and it sounds a lot like a PR leak by a guy that is facing a suspension that wants to spin things to where he's a victim. I'm sure the Texans (and most teams) don't want mental midgets who would put advancing false narratives over the game....but if the player is good, they'd deal with it. If the Texans didn't want him solely due to his anthem antics, why wouldn't they have just asked for a different player instead? Why go through the trouble of having him fail a physical? Hell, why not just trade Duane Brown to a different team? It just doesn't make sense.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not a doctor either, but actually from everything i heard and read, especially around the time of his injury, it's just the opposite. One ACL injury makes it more likely you might injure the other one as well. re-injuring the same ACL would speak to a longer term problem that might come up over and over. theoretically, with the repair, the injured ACL should be as good as new or better.

12. raining threes

Hopefully you're right.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at earlier, I think this is why you hear the spin about why he failed his physical being put out there by his people. They knew their guy was about to be assed out and they are hoping to build him back up making excuses for why he wasn't tradeable.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Inclined to happen. Just traded him to us

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

He was traded because he refused to play for the Texans. If he didn't sit out or request a trade, he would still be a Texan.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He protested so he won't be coming here. Warden's orders.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol I was referring to him being released but that was funny

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Gotta love when an article debunks itself....

"We’ll take a quick look, but the evidence seems to indicate that there is no reason to believe Lane didn’t legitimately fail his physical. "

texian likes this.