1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Great podcast. I believe Duane 100% and I like the little shot he threw at JJ. **** that racist p.o.s McNair

So glad I’m not a fan of this team anymore.

2. conquistador#11

I believe Duane until the part that I don't. If a new a contract had been handed out to him, he'd be wearing an awesome red blazer next to the mcnairs.

Duane Brown had an agenda to push. Yeah it's weird that when president obama won Mcnair felt the urge to go into the locker room to address the team "Not the results we wanted", confirmed by Chris Myers. But that could have been from a $ point. Mcnair always stood by his side after his first suspension. Mcnair is also widely known to butcher his idioms ala clyde drexler. The asylum/prison thing was not racist but brown wanted out of here and used it to get his wish. I'm all for players kneeling for injustice but Duane used the comment for personal gain.

The rift with the Front office well that was just a pissing contest.
    I even supported Brown's holdout until it got past game two of the regular season. If Brown was cool with the coaching staff, it means B.O.B really wanted him back no matter what. Just pay him, Ric. That's what I wanted. Brown stabilized that entire side by making filo average by doing what he did Brown made it to where we have to draft LT two seasons before we should have with no 1st round picks. Douche!

I really like his wife though. Thick!

Nook, Houstunna, whag00 and 1 other person like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Here is some Duane Brown irony: the one game that he played for the Texans last season, the Texans lost and the QB got injured.

:)

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. texian

texian Member

Yep, Rick didn’t know how to handle it and asked O’Brien to help him. They tried to bad-cop/bad-cop him... Andre called into O'Brien's office for the news about his role being reduced, then he was to go to Rick's office for the news they were going to pay him much less.

When O'Brien told Dre his role would be reduced that they projected 40-45 receptions for him, Andre got pissed and walked out. He never made it to Rick’s office for the we need to cut your pay conversation. O’Brien was not happy about being scapegoated for that by the GM’s decision.

(Andre had 41 receptions with the Colts.)

He’s a seeker of knowledge. I respect that.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not sure how you get that. All we heard last year in training camp was how the OL would be fine without Duane Brown (and how good Savage looked). Add this to revamping Kubiak's offensive line to get guys for O'Brien's system.

Just another example of O'Brien not being a good judge of talent.

And yes the salary cap matters. You can't "just pay" everyone. Especially when you like to trade away as many picks as O'Brien does.

Nimo likes this.
  7. raining threes

So BOB is in charge of trading picks and judging talent.

Why even have a GM or scouts since BOB is doing all of this work? Does BOB handle contracts and cap issues too?

Doing all of this I can see why BOB may get distracted with time mgmt. He's got more on his plate than any other single individual in the entire NFL.

macho GRANDE and texian like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd say its also referring to DW who does it probably more than JJ

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Of course the head coach has to judge talent. It all changed when they replaced kubiak despite Rick staying

Are we getting to the point where defense of O'Brien requires us to believe he does nothing but call plays?

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nah. It was a statement for anyone who does that. They were just trying to stir something up. You know, long off-season and all.

11. raining threes

And coach the team, just like he said, RS gets the players, he coaches them. I do believe BOB may say something to RS like this team is too slow, we need to add speed. But RS picks the players within this philosophy.

RS made bad picks and is gone. Lets see how Gaine does at drafting within the philosophies BOB wants.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't have a dog in the race... but,

Um, eventually that's what you did. Then you got traded

I'm not saying McNair isn't a racist or is a great guy or anything. I don't know honestly in any way.

But it is a little illogical to be coming off increasing pace of injuries (or PEDs... injuries or PEDs, neither is good), then to do an act which you know would not be looked at very highly in your organization, then expect to be able to hold out on that owner group.

That's just not smart business.

A google search isn't super helpful.

He didn't get a new deal with guaranteed money from Seattle did he?

So financially speaking, what did he get?

Not a good look on your way out. Taking a shot at basically the face of the franchise (perhaps behind Andre, but Andre was never the "face" like JJ was/is).... and the dude that just won the Walter Payton award. Yikes.

Plus, stop b****ing about it. Post your own damn workout videos then if that's an issue for you for some reason.

13. texian

texian Member

Yep, a lot of guys post those.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't know if it was a direct shot at JJ, it felt more like just poking fun at guys who do post workout videos. Just like you or I might make fun of someone we know for posting pictures while at the gym.

It was odd toward the end talking about hurricane relief, Arian commented something about how listeners could hit up their foundations even though they 'weren't as sexy as money raising challenges'; that felt more like a shot to me.

I see a lot of where Duane is coming from, and it doesn't look good that they have now let 3 of the best Texans of all time go (Foster, Brown, Dre) seemingly without any external acknowledgement or thank you at the time. I mean the Rockets have tribute videos for damn near every rotation player that lasts more than 2 years. The Tmac and Francis breakups weren't pretty but they have made good out of those.

I think if it weren't for the protests, the SI article, and to a lesser degree the PED issue, Duane might have gotten that contract extension.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

It's kinda funny how the ones that do are also some of the most elite players in the league... but yea lets make fun them

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He'll be out of the league in less than two years so finally we won't have to hear this windbag anymore.

Also, Mods?!?! Tired of seeing this POS who's not part of the Texans in the Texans sub. Move it to D&D especially because at this point Brown is more concerned with politics than football.

Malaya and csj like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Uncle Bob lacks perspective, i mean didn't he live during a time where the government would not allow black people to prioritize education? Moreover by doing so, perpetuated the message that black people weren't supposed to be educated. Maybe he should make up for that

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh, you mean doing the same thing that RS did and got the blame when doing what BoB wanted . Yeah, keep on drinking the BoB koolaid and enjoying his low rent Belichick imitation. You'd also do well to brush up on the definition of insanity.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

bob made the same mistake that pop (check my d&d thread) did imo. was asked a question/made a comment, needed to answer/address, and went on a tangent. that **** never works especially against a mob. gotta be direct, apologetic, and finesse your way out, even if you don't mean it. but i'm glad he flubbed it because it exposes his ignorance and lack of perspective. now mods, please move to d&d so we can continue discussing because this thread is no longer about football much less the texans.