1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLAGRANT1, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

He sounds like a whiney cry baby now but when he was playing he was one of the best in the league and a leader in the locker room. I'm sure when he retires in a few years he will do so as a Texan.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Some of y'all are salty AF. He said he felt disrespecting by ownership and the front office.

He spoke highly of the coaching staff, highly of his teammates, highly of the fans, highly of the city of houston, and for the most part highly of his time with the Texans, always wanted to retire a Texan.

Some of you can find a problem with anything. He's a top 5 all-time Texan and I appreciate everything he did for the team

3. csj

csj Member

That will definitely not happen. Duane Brown will never be considered a Texan again and will be forgotten in a few years. That's what happens when you trash the owner in public, violate the terms of your contract, and damage the performance of the team on the field.

4. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

LOL y'all are a bunch of snowflakes. How can you hate a man that did so much for our community... He's a top 5 Texan all time. Period.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll barely be remembered as a Texan (if he's remembered) and that's just something you'll have to live with. Period.

Give it 8 or 9 years and he'll be remembered about the same as Dunta Robinson is now.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who???

raining threes, Bobbythegreat and csj like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

8. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

I don't really care who the average fan or mainstream media remembers as a Texan. If you actually follow the team you know who the hard-hitting corner that was a staple of our secondary for 5+ years. Same goes for the Duane Brown. If you followed the team during the Schaub, Arian, AJ era, you will always remember how important Duane Brown was to that core.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that'll be true, but as time goes on and there are new players that didn't embarrass themselves on the way out like Dunta or Duane, those will be the players who are remembered by the vast majority and those two will become little more than answers to decently obscure trivia questions.

10. csj

csj Member

If you actually follow the team you won't forget the damage he did to the team out of greed and hatred for the owner. Works both ways. Casual fans won't remember him, serious fans won't forget what he did on the way out the door.

raining threes and Bobbythegreat like this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

4 pro bowl and 5 all pro selections.

red5rocket and ab0_bleedred like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I mean, there are only two Texans players even considered for the HOF. Andre and Watt. The mediocre legacy of the Texans means plenty of good players have been here but they are all losers and underachievers just the same.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

Casual fans will remember the damage the OWNER caused this team a lot more than what Brown did.

red5rocket and ab0_bleedred like this.
  14. csj

csj Member

At least it's the owner's property to damage, whatever damage you're imagining to further your agenda.

Frankly, "casual fans" don't even know what you're talking about nor do they care. No one keeps that alive but race baiters and ax grinders, Duane Brown chiefly among them.

raining threes likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

The casual fans won't remember McNair for being a racist. They'll remember him for owning a mediocre football team

raining threes likes this.
  16. csj

csj Member

And yet you follow them. It's a shame such whining litters these forums. If having a rich, entitled, insensitive and prejudiced owner bothers you, you should give up professional sports entirely. That describes every owner, not just McNair.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

[​IMG]

red5rocket likes this.
  18. csj

csj Member

On par with your other replies...and indicative of your intellect. Good luck with the race baiting, it will no doubt work with others of your sophistication.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You know he's just trolling you right?