1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLAGRANT1, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, I know you don't know football, you just know race baiting politics but Duane Brown was getting blown up by a washed up 37 year old that a lot of people forgot was still playing football. I mean, are you wanting people to laugh at you?

vick likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

That's pretty much par for the course whenever a lineman gets drafted.

Everyone wants the flashy guy. Think Harold Minor.

Don't be part of the collective.

3. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

You are really annoying. Is your name Devon Anjelica by chance, bc you certainly won't hop off his dick.

4. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

He'll fit in perfectly up there tbh

5. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

This is why people don't like you bobby. You don't have to make ridiculous comments to prove a point. Yes screw brown, but he did objectively play pretty well yesterday. Can't you just stick to the brown is a moron, selfish, jerk, locker room cancer narrative to further your argument? At least that is true...

He's still a good player, but he's bad for the Texans locker room. **** him.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What I said was accurate, go back and watch the game and you'll see Brown get blown up multiple times by Freeney.

7. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I watched it, Freeney had a couple of nice plays sure. Brown also played pretty well (DEFINITELY better than any other LT we had this year). Both can be true. Get over it.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL that's just not true, but whatever, if you watched and you still didn't see it, that's fine. There was one play at the end where the RB would have made a decent gain, but got hit behind the LOS because Duane Brown was about as effective as a parking cone.

The guy was a good LT once upon a time, but he certainly didn't look anything like that yesterday.

9. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Good take.

I'm annoyed that I find myself defending him, but objectively he was solid. Every player has at least a few bad plays per game. I guess Richard Sherman sucks bc he once got burned by a guy named Jarius Wright.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was a pretty big factor in losing the game....but again, you watched the game so you should know that.

11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I can count about 4 billion other reasons we lost other than that play, but sure.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would be willing to bet you can't count to 4 billion (it would take 125 years at 1 number per second to do so assuming you never stopped to eat, drink, sleep, or anything else) let alone list 4 billion of anything.

If you can't see that Duane Brown didn't play a good game yesterday, we should just end the conversation here.

13. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Anyway.......

Look we are both happy he is gone so let's just revel in that. Plus it doesn't matter bc you are always right and have never been wrong about anything ever, ever... I mean EVER.

[​IMG]

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By all means, don't take my word for it, start counting.

15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Since we are changing subjects I'll follow your lead. Are you just mad bc you don't memba when you said Watson wasn't ready and I said he would shine? Bc I memba.

The vitriol with which you post is occasionally refreshing, but it's a bit over the top man. Just chill out. We can both agree that d bag brown being gone is a good thing, even if we disagree about his play.

(seriously please tell me you don't think brown is the main or even one of the main reasons we lost the game)

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when he wasn't ready, sure. He's done a great job improving since then....I know, hard concept to grasp.

I think that Duane Brown getting beat leading to a TFL instead of a positive gain led to the loss given that a first down would have iced the game.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

PFF graded Brown at a 61 yesterday, which is below average. Considering he was facing a 37 year old that was out of the NFL until a week ago....that's just makes his grade look 10x worse.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

That person that is so self conscious about their own intelligence that they feel the need to call out others' intellect to make themselves feel better.

I'm sure you're really smart for what it's worth.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The truth either comforts or offends. Don't be offended.

FLAGRANT1 likes this.
  20. Fantasma Negro

What can I say about Duane Brown? Duane, you sucked until all of our legit linemen like Eric Winston, Chris Myers and Wade Smith left, then you were the man. Then you got skinny and got hurt and then you were meh. Good luck playing in cold weather Duane