1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragon Ball (Super)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OTMax, Feb 12, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

By the way, the movies Battle of Gods and Resurrection in particular were awful! Don’t know how anyone can think other wise and then for the series to pretty much retell that was just a waste.

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So... anyone play the Card Game?

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Curious to see what you guys think about Broly being in the new Movie. Fandom is not pleased. Toriyama has been trolling the fan base for years now. I hated Super and this news just confirms homie is out of ideas.

[​IMG]

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All is forgiven with a new hair color.

Am I joking? Wheel C

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I thought it would be Yamashi.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

How many shows are there in this series

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Same ol' DB crap. New powerful enemy...good guys find a way to power up to a new level and beat them. Take a few episodes in between to talk crap to each other and wait for the good guys to figure it out and win at the end. Same thing that has been going on for...what...almost 20 YEARS NOW?!?!? lol. okie dokie. Good times I guess.

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Last few movies were crap, Super has had its great moments, but in general Toriyama is just an odd goofball. How can you claim not to know what they did to Broly and say apparently I drew and thus created Broly. Weird to anounce the main villian, that was the one thing I was looking forward to, but in this sad age of internet and immediate pleasure thus no patience to wait I guess it was never going to be kept under wraps.

Hope this movie is actually worth watching, because if it's the same old **** of Goku finding a way to beat Broly then I'll pass. Goku and Frieza dying with Vegeta beating Broly or better yet destroy Goku to win over Broly's trust only to find out how he got that strong or whatever and then beat him, then I'm intrigued.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

In order of release:

DragonBall
    Dragonball Z
    DragonBall GT
    DragonBall Super

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

I meant in DB super season my bad .

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

131 episodes. I don't think I liked one arc. There were a couple episodes here and there that were good but it was a huge disappointment.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of people really liked Super though, so I wouldn't let that dissuade you.

Hell, lots of people disliked Dragonball Z. We call those people dirty dogs... :D

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Super was fine, the arcs were good with the exception of the Future Trunks saga. It wasn’t perfect but i’m grateful my childhood anime is still producing new stuff. It will never be as good as Dragon Ball Z, partially because it was newer back then, partially because we were younger.

The sooner you appreciate Super for what it is, the sooner you can actually enjoy the episodes without trashing the series.

I’m fine with remaking Broly, everyone was b****ing about Kale and how she was trash compared to Broly, now everyones mad because “Broly’s in every movie” bruh take a seat.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know how you appreciate a show for being bad.. I can RECOGNIZE what Super is though: A cash grab. I'm fine with that. I'm glad Dragonball is producing stuff because there is always a chance there will be something that is good (not likely).

Everyone was b****ing about Kale because instead of making Broly canon they just made another character Borly. It was dumb and unnecessary. Now they bring Broly into the canon for no reason. It's damn lazy.

Remember fandom was not pleased that Frieza came back too. Just more laziness.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Imo Super has had enough moments where I don’t consider it bad. It’s slightly above average. GT was bad.

The fandom wanted Frieza because they were obsessing about how DB needed to get back to it’s roots or it’s said peak, which was the Frieza saga. While i’ll agree he’s overused now, it’s what most fans wanted before Ressurection of F.

As far as Kale, I know for sure after reading the Dragon Ball multi verse manga (fan made), that I wanted Dragon Ball to explore the multiverse. It opens the stage for new characters. Were those characters well made? About half of them weren’t, but that’s not a problem necessarily derived from “lazy writing” more so, bad execution. I’m fine with the canonical existence of both Kale and Broly, it’s completely logical that each universe can have its different version of the Legendary SSJ.

DB has never been known for it’s exceptional plot like HxH, it literally lives off well animated battles, it’s characters, and it’s repetiveness. DB was like that, DBZ was like that, DBS was like that.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Cool what other anime you watching.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree. The only moments that stand out to me from 100+ episodes of Super was the last fight between Goku, Freiza, Jiren and Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken. DBS had good concepts and characters that ended up going nowhere IMO (multi-verse, Gods of Destruction, Hit, Jiren).

GT might not be good, but SS4, the Blackstar Dragoballs, Baby as a villain, the other Z fighters getting something to do and building their characters, Getting to know more about the Sayain lore, trump anything in Super.

The fandom didn't want Freiza in Super. (Just like Broly and the new movie) The writers brought Freiza back because they were too lazy to come up with something else. Fans definitely wanted Super to go back to it's roots, but not literally.

I think it's lazy writing. That whole Universe survival arc was just one long fight. It's much easier to throw fights at the audience than come up with a plot. Nothing really came out of the longest arc of the series.

Yeah, you have a point with this.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anime is more popular than ever and they are churning out the shows, but nothing has really caught my interest. I'm only watching My Hero Academia, Darling in the Franxx, and HunterXHunter right now.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Actually since 1984, 34 years of pure innovation.