1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragon Ball (Super)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OTMax, Feb 12, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Probably..damn, this series needs to get darker. That actually makes sense, though I strongly hope they won’t and most universes just stay vanished.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Jiren's back story was pretty weak. Was at least hoping for an explanation of how he got so strong.

It would be interesting if they brought Gogeta into the canon. I expect the Supreme Kai to toss them his Potara earrings though.

Also I've personally enjoyed Super for the most part. It's been fan service all the way but this is Dragonball and that's what its all about really. Also my boy 17 went out like a pimp. I hope they add him as a playable character in Dragonball FighterZ

fallenphoenix and OTMax like this.
  3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I really like the intro song.

JamesC likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think anything can save this arc for me. I have been waiting for this Tournament arc to be over for months. I'm not even angry Super is going on hiatus; they need a reset.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I've been keeping up with subs via crunchyroll and vegeta is still in it even after taking out toppo. do you know vegeta gets ringed and goku masters ultra instinct for a fact?

i'm guessing you're speculating, but i first read it as something you heard as fact. my question was more hypothetical assuming no one really knows what will happen.

my bad.

some theories i've heard on youtube make kind of sense. vegeta will somehow master the offensive version of ultra instinct while goku knows the defensive side of it.

would be cool to see them fuse into one that can master the offensive and defensive sides of ultra instict

i don't know if i need to be spoilering, but just to be safe i did.

edit: seems like most of you are caught up and openly talking about the subbed versions.

After I saw vegeta self destruct, I thought "ok, they are not going the fusion route", but they came up with a way for him to stay in it. now vegeta and goku are both beat up to the point that they seem to be around the same power levels (prerequisite of the fusion dance). you're probably right about it being vegito over gogeta. i forgot grand kai still has his beads, and gogeta is not officially canon due to him only appearing in fusion reborn, which is not officially canon. therefore, goku would have to teach vegeta the dance during the tournament, which seems unlikely unless frieza pulls off some crazy **** that distracts jiren.

#45 fallenphoenix, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Pretty sure Vegeta is getting eliminated next episode because the title of the episode hints at it.

DB Super is alright. I like how they brought in Android 17. That was cool.

The problem I personally have is that in basically the first few episodes they said SSG Goku vs Beerus fight would break the universe and destroy everything if it happened.

Now you have SS blue Vegeta vs. Destruction Toppo and none of that is relevant anymore?

They keep trying to make everything bigger and more destructive.... Except they're running out of space that can be destroyed lol. They're showing us a fighting stage and stuff being destroyed like it's a big deal... lol we saw frieza destroy an entire planet in one attack in basically the 2nd arc of dbz. I mean is this really supposed to be impressive now?

The problem is they ran out of **** to show how strong one person is over another. Every single character on DB Super is ridiculously overpowered: Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Hit, Toppo, Bunny guy, Jiren, Female Brolly, Kefla, destruction guys, angels, priest, zen-oh.

What was the writer thinking? "hey I made a ton of overpowered characters, so let's balance it by making EVEN MORE overpowered characters!!"

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

You're kidding me?? Spoilers!!! Yeah it's funny after a big attack that arena is still in tact too.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Also, did Goku and Vegeta forget about Frieza destroying their planet? Time to get that anger back!

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This show is a ****ing abomination of shitty writing and animation. Ruining Z’s legacy

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LOL, did you just watch the latest episode or something? what happened?

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nah that’s for back when I commented in the “anime watchers” thread, I hopped off like 2 months ago. There is no return from that

DreamShook likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I love the throwback to the old dbz standard

... "The planet blows up in 5 minutes" .... Takes 10 episodes .

"The tournament has 4 minutes left" .., 5 episodes later we have it down to 2 lol

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Don’t read if you haven’t watched the latest episode and preview for the next episode.
    No I knew what was happeneing and it has know happened and it looks like goku is going to master and ascend the Ultra Instinct Form next episode.

So we are going to get a white/silver hair mastered ultra instinct form that appears to have a SS transformation in it and not just his base form anymore.

Also, something is going on with Frieza. He never got ringed out and he’s been purposely avoided in all the recent episodes. Just something to think about.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Yea i saw what's coming out in the new Xenoverse 2 dlc

#56 fallenphoenix, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    BigMaloe likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I kind of miss the episode long power ups and week long stare downs. The anticipation made the fights feel important. Super is throwing so many fights at us and none of them feel important because there is no time to breathe or reflect.

Not saying there should be week long stare-downs and power ups, but there should be a little build up..

The first ultra instincts fight was bookend by more fighting. It's kind of exhausting to be honest.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah I get you @DreamShook but my guess is they wanted more fighting to get more viewers or new fan base. That old pace doesn’t work anymore, though I’d love if they could at least give the transformations a little bit more time to take shape and make it seem more of a big deal. Like half of the arena should explode etc.

It’s also sad how they keep holding on to Goku as a hero. Can it for once be someone else? This would’ve been the perfect opportunity to give Vegeta credit and have him at least beat Frieza. But hey, at least this UI look is great and something new as opposed to just another level.

Also no inconsistency like SS4 in GT. love the black silver fierce Goku with the blue magic energy wave. Easily the best Saiyan transformation look for me in the whole series aside from ascended / rage Saiyan that Broly, Kefla and Trunks had.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree .

My original comment was kind of tongue in cheek.

Watching dbs now as an adult vs the original as a young teen , the plot no longer is as compelling hahaha . In other words, I'm not worried that the bad guy will win .

So a lot of the draw comes from the "ridiculous" elements ... Like the power ups and staredowns .

It's also completely different watching it subbed vs the English voice actors I grew up listening to .

DreamShook likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree. Dragonball Kai was popular when they cut out the fluff but kept all the anticipation. They still had a couple episode long stare down and power ups.

When I was trying to get into One Piece, I was wondering how a show so popular could get away with the level of filler that exceeds even Dragonball Z. It's still popular now and is still stalling for time. The old pace can still work, we have seen it. Not that I want DragonBall to revert back to that old style. I had to drop One Piece because it was so slow.