1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump's economic policies are working, nothing else is but

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Jan 17, 2018.

1. what

what Member

Give him credit for that. It would stand to reason since he is a businessman that he'd be strong in that area, and he is.
    He might be the strongest president on the economy since Clinton.

#1 what, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think Donald Trump even knows what the term quantitative easing means.

He's an adult child playing with the 250 million dollar empire that his father left him.

Pew did a poll recently about the economy. Just to let you know, 48% believe the current economic situation is a result of the previous administration while 37% believe it's the current.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You had me until you mentioned the most corrupt political family in US history

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The title hurts my eyes.

5. conquistador#11

The great things corrupt trump is the best at is bragging and giving people nick names! they're gold, the nick names.
    Pocahontas, crooked Hilary, Sneaky dianne, Sloppy bannon.

Roc Paint likes this.
  6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

post link to the research. Last one I read was 46 to 40

7. Roc Paint

You can't forget Rocket Man ;)

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’d say economically it’s still an unfinished story. If this was a baseball game, the president would be the starting pitcher and he’ll get relieved in the 7th (meaning there is carryover time after a presidency leaves that he is still responsible for) and this is maybe the 2nd innining.

9. fchowd0311

I honestly typed the numbers from my memory from reading the article. If that is the actual percentage, then so be it. My point still stands.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It would stand to reason, if you had the reasoning power of a grade schooler.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

This whole idea that Obama is more responsible than Trump for our economic turnaround is making my side hurt from laughter. You have got to be *******kidding me

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What is it you think Trump did to help the economy?

14. Buck Turgidson

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

It's as if legislative and executive actions often take years for their policies to show tangible effects.

Absurd I know.

16. fchowd0311

Oh wouldn't say Obama is responsible. I would say that the natural cycle of our boom till it bursts economy is largely at play here.

17. what

what Member

When you give tax cuts to businesses you are going to create jobs. You might not like it but many corporations won't create jobs in America because of the tax code, and they don't have to. So you have a choice either give them a tax break or stand on dead principles.

Trump has created jobs, if nothing else.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This isn't Trumps economic policy, it is Mitch McConnels.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Obama’s first few months in office we were losing 600k jobs a month. Did you blame Obama for that, or is it fair to say he inherited a struggling economy? Just curious.

Yes by now we can start the transition to what should now be considered “Trumps economy”. Anyone saying Trump still has no affect on the economy is lying.

That being said, the first “few innings” Trump came to the pitching mound, he wasn’t coming in with bases loaded, and a full count. Obama deserves credit for giving Trump a good start to build on.

What Trump will ultimately be judged on will be what the next President walks up to the pitching mound to have to accomplish. Any attempt to call a game in the 2nd inning is pretty pointless.

Trumps impact could hurt the economy long term. Right now he’s been risky with deregulation and running up the deficit but he’s had a few months of a healthy economy. However risks can often have consequences. There hasn’t been a massive oil spill yet. There hasn’t been enough times for predatory lending scams to damage the banking industry when those bad loans ultimately blow up the system. The fed hasn’t yet had to drastically raise interest rates because of the deficit.

If he leaves the economy in great shape for Oprah or the Rock then great. However I’ll never judge a risky gambler until I see where the chips fall. Is it too much to ask for people to just not jump to conclusions after just a couple months of really seeing what a “Trump economy” looks like?

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine