1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump wants to ban ALL Muslims entering the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by davidio840, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't preclude that possibility, but if you're going to claim this was "caused" by a Muslim mass import, you better be able to show at least one imported Muslim.

I'm no fan of any ideology that puts the needs of men about the safety of women, but neither am I a fan of jumping to conclusions and using those same conclusions to justify rash policy proposals (to be fair to ATW, I've only seen Commodore do the latter in this thread).

2. Northside Storm

To be very clear, I am no fan of any ideology that subjugates women and many Islamic countries have a particularly vapid and harsh view on this I deplore and hate.

But that doesn't mean I support jumping to conclusions and using those same conclusions to justify rash policy proposals as people in this thread are doing.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1) Statistically, what is the chance that a North African or Arab man is a Muslim? Answer this question. Then answer the question how a sample size of 1,000 reduces the probability that you might just have an outlier here.

2) You are so detached from reality. This was a mob attack. JUST LIKE ON TAHIR SQUARE. The police was completely caught by surprise. They were overwhelmed. I think they made 5 arrests in total.

3) German media does not normally report on the ethnic origin of perpetrators of a crime, in order to avoid generalized prejudice. German media actually makes a painstaking effort to conceal it when foreigners have committed crimes - many readers know it already anyway. It's part of what annoys the general public, this self-censorship by the media. The only reason it came out here is because so many victims reported it directly, e.g. in live TV interviews and on social media.

4) German media never reports on the religion of the perpetrator of a crime. Neither does the police. And now go back to 1) and answer the question if you see a parallel to what happened on Tahir Square, yes or no. You intentionally keep asking for confirmation on the religion of one of the perpetrators. Get it through your head: a) Almost nobody was caught, and nobody will be; b) German police and media never report on the religion of the perpetrator of a crime, to prevent stereotyping, so c) you are intentionally basing your argument on something that you know can not be delivered.

5) Have you ever been to the Middle East, specifically Egypt? My (attractive) ex-girlfriend traveled there a few days before I arrived. She was very, very relieved when I finally got there. Even in the resort, she was constantly propositioned and near-molested by staff.

6) I never said that I know or think these were "recent refugees". What frickin' difference does it make whether these people came 2 months ago or 10 years ago - what is clear is that they are displaying the same attitude towards women that is prevalent in the Middle East, specifically in young Muslim men. And we have been mass-importing young Muslim men to our country, and this is the preliminary result. It's just the way it is. To be very clear, this in no way justifies any criminal attacks against asylum seekers or asylum homes. I haven't even commented on what I think should happen with refugees. I am stating a fact: Without the mass immigration of young Middle Eastern Muslims in recent years, these incidents would not have happened in Germany.

And save your "this has nothing to do with Islam" bullcrap.

#343 AroundTheWorld, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    BruceAndre likes this.
  4. Northside Storm

1) What is the statistical possibility that somebody who "looks Arab" is Arab?

I stopped at 5) and realized you're on personal tilt mode lol.

Islam would have plenty to do with it if they were Muslim.

That doesn't give you or anyone else license to be lazy and posit theories before the facts.

As to the German justice system, I can only hope that more people are held accountable for the crimes they commit.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just shut up, you little annoying idiot.

I want to see you when your sister and mother get molested by a mob of 1,000 Arabs in your home city. Maybe then you will stop the annoying smartassery for just a moment.

1 person likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People don't realize that 'Islamic Culture' is nothing more than a snapshot of Arab culture during the 7th century AD. Of course Islamic culture espouses rampant misogyny.

7. Northside Storm

I don't have a sister, FYI.

I honestly would never wish you our your loved ones harm, but oh well.

Have a good day, ATW. Try not to take internet arguments so personally.

#347 Northside Storm, Jan 5, 2016
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am not taking anything personally, you are once again assuming you are more important than you actually are. You are an annoying little twat, nothing else. You are unimportant and irrelevant. It doesn't matter whether you have a sister or not, either you are really that dumb or you are once again missing the point.

9. Northside Storm

I guess it just looked like I had a sister.

;)

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's more likely that you look like the sister you don't have.

You have now embarrassed yourself thoroughly, once again, by trying to talk in a smartass way about things you haven't googled enough.

Step away from the keyboard, learn from this episode, and next time, be more humble, inform yourself better and try to learn from the adults on this forum who actually know what they are talking about.

11. Northside Storm

Thanks ATW :)

You never answered me btw--what is the statistical possibility that somebody who "looks Arab" is Arab? Discount a few points for beards in winter, shaving gets kinda tough then.

As for your Tahrir Square comparison, I rather think the above examples also echo the worst of what is happening in eastern Ukraine, but that doesn't mean I think these criminals are Ukrainian rebels or caused by a mass import of Eastern Europeans based on their Eastern looks. Neither do I think any of this helps inform a discussion of how to close American borders to Muslims.

#351 Northside Storm, Jan 5, 2016
  12. Northside Storm

I thought this was an amusing take on the topic.

(yay for inviting two controversial topics at once)

http://syruptrap.ca/2015/12/syrian-family-gets-into-america-by-disguising-themselves-as-guns/

Syrian family gets into U.S. by disguising themselves as guns

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>REPORTS: Iraqi refugee arrested in Houston in alleged terror plot; ties to Sacramento and Milwaukee: <a href="https://t.co/O0WRl6fxNj" title="http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/reports-iraqi-refugee-arrested-in-houston-in-alleged-terror-plot.html/">crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/report…</a> <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#immigration">#immigration</a></p>&mdash; Jon Feere (@JonFeere) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonFeere/status/685268247621562368" data-datetime="2016-01-00T01:14:16+00:00">January 0, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The thing in Cologne is disgusting. I walked through that square probably 10 times back in September while I was there, and I noticed a lot of arabs hanging out there. I can't imagine what it must be like now with the increased numbers, and the hostile atmosphere that likely exists, especially if they're drunk.

Also, like ATW, I have seen first hand how some of these arabs treat women. My wife (very hot) and I were walking down the main bar "gauntlet" in Sharm El Sheik in Egypt and the men were shamelessly staring down my wife. Very creepy.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Reflecting more on this, Europe is so effed with all these Muslim immigrants. If history is any indication, the immigrants will make no efforts to integrate into society and they will continue to live in their arab ghettos and be a breeding ground for terrorism.

What makes it worse is that Europeans - especially the northern Europeans (Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, etc.) seem to be "overly welcoming" and naive to the point that they will overlook obvious problems due to trying to appear that they are tolerant and accepting of others. So these immigrants will take advantage of them relentlessly.

BruceAndre likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably staring at how fat her ass is and shocked by it.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Muslim woman thrown out of rally in support of US presidential hopeful Donald Trump <a href="https://t.co/TjtykD0MxV">https://t.co/TjtykD0MxV</a> <a href="https://t.co/13sf6Vbgf6">pic.twitter.com/13sf6Vbgf6</a></p>&mdash; AJE News (@AJENews) <a href="https://twitter.com/AJENews/status/685867411036311552">January 9, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/muslim-woman-thrown-trump-rally-160109094742523.html

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This doesn't nearly concern me as much as the constant terror attacks committed in the name of Islam. Someone comes to an event and tries to disrupt it, gets kicked out, so what. That was exactly what they wanted anyway.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member