1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump wants to ban ALL Muslims entering the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by davidio840, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sjgRbI7yQCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If you're concerned about lies then Trump should be the last candidate for you.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AEAJrT8PeOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Until we can figure out what's going on" is one of the funniest, most delusional things I've heard in a campaign ad. Truly an argument for the Internet commenting bloc.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The coordinated sexual attacks on women by hundreds of young men in Cologne were unprecedented, Germany says <a href="https://t.co/lK7c92LK7K">https://t.co/lK7c92LK7K</a></p>&mdash; The New York Times (@nytimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/684419115977719808">January 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not unprecedented. It happens in Egypt all the time, and all over North Africa. We just imported their Muslim/"cultural" treatment of women by mass-importing these people.

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

solid, they "look" like them Muslim mass imports (???).

Did Germany also import xenophobic arsons/assaults as another mass import, or is that just a feature?

well, looks like there's nothing to do beyond shutting down the border to all people everywhere.

and handing out more feminist literature. woot.

Those particular criminals will be caught and punished for their horrific crimes against women. Their thinking, whatever it is, places the needs of men above the safety of women and it will ultimately die a slow, vapid death--and that starts with engagement in social and cultural settings where women are treated fairly.

#329 Northside Storm, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There are literally hundreds of victims who described the attackers. Same mentality as in what is reported in the link below.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2013/07/03/egypt-epidemic-sexual-violence

It's a crime committed by some criminal idiots. But it's not like one crime justifies or excuses the other one.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, they will not be caught, and they will not be punished. And they are not just a few "particular criminals". Around 1,000 North African Muslims engaged in these disgusting attacks in Germany on New Year's eve, in several cities, including Cologne and Hamburg.

Save your stupid comments like "solid they look like Muslim mass imports (???)" from your Canadian basement for some other time and read some articles about these incidents first.

http://spectator.org/blog/65090/sco...w-years-eve-men-arab-north-african-appearance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wds-Cologne-train-station-New-Year-s-Eve.html

12. Northside Storm

We don't even know who the criminals really are. A description of people who look like "North African Arabs" personally, is not compelling evidence for me to make links of causality to "Muslim mass imports". I'd wait for the evidence to settle.

As for why I brought up the xenophobic arsons, the same mentality of clustering all people (Muslim mass imports) and associating them with crime is also used to justify attacking people you don't know anything about. To me, that's a troubling line of thought. Generalizing without all of the facts on the ground is something I generally frown upon.

#332 Northside Storm, Jan 5, 2016
  13. Northside Storm

I had read the NYT and Guardian article--both of which state that making conclusions at this point is too hasty given the lack of information on who exactly the criminals are.

I make it a general point to avoid the Daily Mail (OUR HEADLINES ARE PAID BY THE WORD YOU SEE THAT IS WHY THEY ARE SO LONG).

As for not being caught or punished, is that a quirk of the German justice system? if memory serves, arson attacks on refugees have a successful indictment rate of about 5% (i'm not actually trying to start anything here, genuinely curious).

14. Nook

Nook Member

Pointing out the reality of the situation does not mean anyone is claiming all Muslims are terrorists or in anyway justifies attacking people.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What evidence do you need to settle? Do you think they will have DNA? What kind of BS nonsense are you spouting once again? 1,000 young men of North African and Arab origin molested German women on New Year's Eve. It's exactly the same pattern of what happened on Tahir Square in Egypt. It's exactly the same mentality of young Arabs who bully young women in Berlin on the underground and tell them they are sluts and fair game if they don't fully veil. It happens all the time. What evidence do you need in your Canadian basement to understand what is going on here?

Thank you. This kid from Canada is such an insufferable little twat. Keeps trying to paint himself as some kind of Silicon Valley journalist wiseguy, when all he does is post uninformed nonsense from his mom's basement in Canada.

Yeah, the criminals are most likely Mormons from Utah. :rolleyes:

There are hundreds of witness statements. Your wishful thinking that this was done by Christian missionaries from the Vatican is ridiculous. It is very clear what type of person did this, what mentality was behind it (same as on Tahir square in Egypt), how their religious/cultural attitudes played into this type of behavior. It's also clear that it will be almost impossible to identify the exact perpetrators, as it was a mob attack, many of them might not even be registered. It's also clear that nothing will really happen to any of these guys even if caught, because the German justice system is soft as hell.

Hell, the Cologne mayor came out today with a recommendation that, in order to prevent such incidents in the future, women should keep strangers "an arm's length away" - talk about making victims responsible, and avoiding the real issue here.

#335 AroundTheWorld, Jan 5, 2016
  16. Northside Storm

Pointing out what reality? Nobody has any evidence that any of the attackers were Muslim other than the fact that they "look Arab". As for whether or not they were part of the "mass import", people have been on record as saying they might not be recent refugees. Just because other people leap to "culture wars with Muslim refugees" to explain something doesn't mean I have to.

I'm pointing out the reality of generalizing situations without good data and proof. That's all. People who think xenophobically have that same trait. That doesn't make ATW a xenophobe, a criminal, anybody who would think of using violence against all immigrants. It does mean that I think both groups need to be more measured and critical in their thinking about topics.

#336 Northside Storm, Jan 5, 2016
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

My goodness, you are dense.

18. Northside Storm

for one thing, if you think this is a result of a mass import of Muslim cultural practices, confirmation one of the perpetrators is actually Muslim would help. Then, confirmation that one is a recent refugee.

The real issues behind attacks against women are sadly not confined to Islam alone.

In going from "men who look Arab" to "Muslim mass import crime wave" you've made two generalizations based on little evidence.

Anyways, if it turns out that everybody convicted is a Muslim refugee, then maybe we can debate putting up border walls around America or something to stop a German crime wave (I assume that's why Commodore brought it up in this topic). Until then, I don't see leaping to conclusions as being helpful.

#338 Northside Storm, Jan 5, 2016
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trust me... Islamic culture has plenty to do with it.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No they aren't confined to Islam alone, but you can't deny the subjugation and unequal treatment of women is prominent in many Muslim societies. Women are treated as half or one quarter of a man in Muslim courts depending on which country you are in. I get that you don't want people to generalize, but it's not as if Muslim societies are the most progressive in the world.