1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don Lemon of CNN: White Men Represent the Biggest Terror Threat in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 1, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree but it is same for video games. There are studies that do condemn violent video games, the APA has a good summary of that.

https://www.apa.org/science/about/psa/2003/10/anderson

Violent media can be persuasive to some people, whether it be FPS games or gangsta rap or violent movies...I think the fallacy that @Senator and others fall into is that they cherrypick the form of media they want to attack. Although it is probably correct that video games have little to do with mass shooting, i think the same can be said for rap music. I don't think there is any evidence that people listened to Tupac and just up and decided to join a gang or that it is the literal plight on the African American community as he suggests (As if years of racist policies didn't exist) I don't think violent video games are completely clean though, but even so there is nothing we should do about it as to restrict them further is to put a chokehold on artistic expression, they already have a rating system, it's not their fault that parents ignore it.

The only option is to ban these things which is about as anti-american as it can get and it is funny to me that these people would ban video games or rap music before they do anything about guns. They cry all day that freedoms come at a cost and that these shootings are just the cost of freedom...yet seem a lot more willing to take away other freedoms that they don't agree with.

You are 100% right about gangsta rap being an expression about life. It didn't exist when rap started, it came in later and it grew in areas afflicted by crime. Another great example of this are Narcocorridos, songs that glorify the cartel, this music too came from the violence, it didn't inspire it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I was going to do a nice response to you but... @Deckard, @Mr.Scarface, @JayGoogle and @CometsWin said it all..

My post didn't reflect on just one culture, it reflected on the different Classes and how each has it's own set of problems... The last I checked all of the Classes have a different culture.

Also, do you really think Jay-Z is the first Criminal or Rehab-Criminal to be invited to the White House??? Please go do your history...

T_Man

JayGoogle and Deckard like this.
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's look at white culture compared to black culture?

Which culture wiped out 17 million native Americans? White culture
    And 6 million Jews? White culture
    Which culture is known for colonize robbing most of the other worlds cultures? White culture
    Which culture had ever nearly country belonging to it try to conquer a non-white culture? White Culture
    Which culture tried to conquer the planet so that the sun would never set on their empire? White Culture
    Which culture enslaved countless Africans, shipping them across an ocean mercilessly and treating them subhuman for hundreds of years? White culture
    Which culture is known for Apartheid? White culture
    Which culture is known the invention and proliferation of guns, tanks, bombs, missiles, chemical weapons, biological weapons, and nukes? White culture
    Which culture dropped an atomic bomb not once but twice on civilian population centers? White culture

And you complain about rap music.

@Senator perhaps it's time to stop spewing and start listening.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

There's no such thing as white culture. The only reason there's such a thing as black culture is because African slaves and their descendants had their identities and cultures stripped from them so they were forced to create a new culture while being enslaved and subjugated. The irony being that dopey people like Senator decry black culture when it's the whites who are largely responsible for significant root problems in black communities.

JuanValdez likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

This is certainly simplistic.

jcf likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Simple methods for simple people.

8. CometsWin

While the right wingers are looking for that Clinton pizza parlor on some island, here's another one.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...-district-desegregate-bayside-mlk-jr-academy/

BUT @Senator thinks Rap music is what is plaguing African Americans...not crap like being herded into poor schools with little resources...this is a 2019 story btw from this month...

10. Senator

Senator Member

Privilege... surprise surprise.

Lawsuit contends that CNN's Don Lemon made sexual gestures and assaulted Hamptons bartender

It's very clear who represents the biggest sexual threat in america.

Don Lamond, Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman, Justin Smollet, Russell Simmons, the list does not end. Countless young women and men attacked in disproportionate amounts. But I guess because inner city schools don't receive billions in funding it's the white man's fault?

Even though half of mass shootings are committed by African American males, who make up 6% of the population, we feel better pointing it out when white folk do it.

When are "communities" going to take charge and say ... it's on me?

mick fry likes this.
  11. CometsWin

”I will say that a majority of the domestic terrorism cases that we’ve investigated are motivated by some version of what you might call white supremacist violence, but it does include other things as well,” Wray said at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, referring to cases in fiscal 2019, which began Oct. 1.

- FBI Director Christopher Wray

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

List is bogus. You guys claimed Bill Cosby long ago. You can't give him back now.

JayGoogle and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. CometsWin

I guess he missed Donald Trump, Jeffrey Epstein, Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Harvey Weinstein... the list goes on. Derp.

Mr.Scarface and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. CometsWin

The white man set up the funding mechanisms and the segregation so... yeah, you're right.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Come on, now. Don't believe everything you read. I wouldn't believe everything I see about Trump, except he speaks or tweets most of his bs and can't be denied (although they do try to walk it back or sideways).

I mean, when Cruz was accused by five women of improprieties or whatever during the campaign, most of us said, "Who'd have him? Forget it."

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m sure Donny boy will be doing a segment about the black shooter in Philly tonight that is if he can keep his hands out of some dudes pants long enough.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Another racist post from Race/IQ believer Senator.

Shame on @mick fry for liking it, thought better of you.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

It was just a shot back at Don Lemon’s racially divisive statement. Why would you be upset?

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

I guess you want Tiger Woods back in return.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not upset, just disappointed.

And no, it wasn't a shot back since it wasn't even about Don Lemon and was about black men. That's what his post was about, thats what his posting history is about. He doesn't need a Don Lemon statement to say what he did, he's been saying that since he joined the forum.

Here is a thread of his before Don Lemon said this...
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ur-indicted-in-death-of-wedding-guest.293377/