1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone care about PED's?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by JD88, Jan 15, 2013.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

Does anybody care Lance Armstrong was using PED's? I would rather watch roided up linebackers crushing people and dudes who eat steroids for breakfast throwing down dunks or pounding homeruns at record*distances. A friend brought up a great point, if a steroid version for every sport was created, which would you watch? Cause I know which one would have my attention

2. likestohypeguy

I know you didn't mean it like this, but i'm taking your thread title literally. I'm in the minority of those who really don't care at all. Meaning I don't care enough to berate or defend them for it (as per usual "IDC" = you're pro), or even wonder if any athlete in particular is using them, or for the arguments pro or con about morality, legality, health consequences of the issue. Just doesn't interest me.

Unless. You. Have. Kids.

3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Honestly, I think it depends on when you were born. It seems like older people like 40s and above are the ones who care. I am 28 and and none of my friends who are all in the same age range mid 20s to early 30s, I would say none of them could give of rats ass about who does steroids or not.

I understand if you are against and you want to be "pure" but I watch sports for the entertainment value. These guys are grown men and know there will be repercussions for whatever they put their body through. They are also getting paid handsomely and get to live quite the lavish life style for performing.

It seems like the only people that care are angry old sports writers and media personal.