1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you trust Ken Giles?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, May 16, 2017.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I trust him with your life.

2. the shark

the shark Member

3. the shark

the shark Member

4. the shark

the shark Member

Yes where is sealclubber.......the guy who has always come up with some reason as to why Giles has bad outings?

Houstunna likes this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

6. the shark

the shark Member

Hey Now......"if this postseason is a preview of what's to come....then he'll at some point lose that job"?

Why the hell are you talking smack about Giles? Are you coming on here "reveling" in his failings?

7. the shark

the shark Member

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Exhibit A: "Loud, obnoxious post"

10. Buck Turgidson

Both Correa and Beltran told him to look for it before he went up.

11. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

It not like Devo has been much better.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I have no issue with your opinion of Giles, you big dummy; this is about you talking smack to OTHER POSTERS.

I made a fairly benign, obvious point about his future with the team. I didn't begin my post with calling out "Giles supporters/apologists/excuse makers." And I didn't continue to call them out in subsequent posts:
    THAT, the shark, is reveling: I'M RIGHT; YOU'RE WRONG. I WIN!

To jump up and down on his (and the team's) failure - when EVERYONE feels like hell - is a shitty thing to do. NONE of us are happy about Giles' implosion. And we don't give a flying **** right now that your broken-clock analysis was spot-on.

13. Hey Now!

Ah; I see... you've confused being totally owned with loud and obnoxious. That makes sense.

T for 3 likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Better post. That's a quality comeback. Now let's ****ing win!!!

15. the shark

the shark Member

"Talking smack to OTHER POSTERS"?

Hey Now why don't you look in the mirror as that's all you do on this site and EVERYBODY that has spent any amount of time on here knows it.

You have got to be THE most arrogant pompous poster on here and you will go to any and every extreme to shoot down someone who doesn't see things your way. It's also VERY apparent that you LOVE TO ARGUE.......even when there's NOTHING to argue about. You must be a joy to live with.

"To jump up and down on his (and the team's failure")???????? SHOW ME WHERE I DID THIS YOU FOOL??????

And obviously you do have an "issue with my opinion of Giles", but it's ok for you to say anything bad about him but nobody else on here can.

Yes I pointed out how bad Giles has been in the playoffs JUST LIKE YOU DID YOU POMPOUS ASS!!!!!!!

PLEASE SHOW THE EXACT POST WHERE I WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON THE TEAM'S FAILURES HEY NOW??

We all know you can't because it doesn't exist you FOOL.

When you're so desperate to be right that you have to start lying about things I've said then that tells me who and what you're all about.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. Hey Now!

If, during Giles' three months of dominance (July through September, when he gave up 4 ERs in 32.1 IP), I'd popped off to all the Giles' haterz, you'd have a point. But I didn't.

You, OTOH, literally wrote an entire post DETAILING your desire to talk smack to posters, the shark. I mean.... how is it we're dozens of posts into this and you're STILL denying it? Are you illiterate?

Says the guy who promised his post would be "the last thing I'm going to say on this subject as I'm NOT going to go back and forth with you (or anybody else on this subject)" five posts ago. So who loves to argue, the shark?...

Surely, you're not really this dense?..... I literally quoted several times you've done it in the very post you're replying to. You wrote an entire post detailing it, Mensa.

Once again, Mr. SAT - I have no issue with anyone ripping Giles as he has had an incredibly disappointing postseason. And at no point have I said otherwise. My issue, again, is with you REVELING in his failure. And before you get tripped up and confuse reveling with cheering - again: to repeatedly call out "Giles supporters/apologists/excuse makers" in the wake of Giles failing is, absolutely, unequivocally R-E-V-E-L-I-N-G in his failure. That is not an opinion; it is a verifiable fact. He failed, and you used it as an excuse to call-out his supporters. That is the very definition of reveling:
    Jesus christ.............. you really are this dense.

17. Hey Now!

No; I don't understand why you're bringing up a football player in a baseball thread.

I don't love Giles. But, as with Schaub, he has had stretches of dominance that would indicate continued success. But, at the end of the day: bad is bad and when Schaub imploded, I said as much. I have done the same with Giles. He has monumentally under-performed expectations and will potentially be a primary reason they lose this series. If they lose this series.

Wear with pride, Comet; I have a feeling it's likely one of your more noteworthy accomplishments in life.

Here's the thing: this flaccid GOTCHA callback to Matt Schaub doesn't make me look bad. I owned his implosion; I was right until I was wrong and admitted as such.But that was more than FOUR YEARS ago. You preciously preserving your HOT MATT SCHAUB TAKE for more than four ****ing years is just sad and pathetic. Am I really THAT far in your head? When you lay your head on your pillow at night, how long does it take you to stop thinking about me? Oh, just wait, Hey Now! One day I'm going to drop MATT SCHAUB on your ass and it'll be the WORST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!

OK. You win. In 2012, I defended Matt Schaub. Here's another ribbon.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I was right until I was wrong. LOL That's Al Gore level right there.

Lame per your usual. Post on Giles WARRIOR!

19. the shark

the shark Member

Pointing out that Giles has given up runs in 6 of 7 playoff games and that he shouldn't be out there anymore EQUATES to me reveling in his AND THE TEAM'S FAILURES?

Again you freakin liar show me where I stated I was happy that the team lost?

Just because I came to the conclusion that Giles shouldn't be out there again this series (AS ANYONE ELSE PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS SERIES HAS DONE) doesn't EQUATE to reveling in his failures. I guess the millions of fans watching this series is reveling in his failures you FREAKIN DUMB ASS AS THEY TOO REALIZE WHAT HE'S DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS THUS FAR!!!!!!!!! Oh and if they mention his failures it also equates to everyone being happy that the Astros lost?

AND YOU'RE CALLING ME "DENSE"????????

HE HASN'T PITCHED IN THE LAST TWO GAMES NOR WILL HE PITCH IN TONIGHTS GAME. If you want to interpret that to mean that I am reveling in his failures then you go right ahead dumb ass.

That said, yes I do give a S&^T if the "Stros win and at this point YOU'RE DAMN STRAIGHT I DON'T WANT HIM OUT THERE ANYMORE. Seems Hinch thinks the same way. In your crazy WARPED ASS MIND I guess that means that Hinch is reveling in his failures as well and also glad the team is losing.

The only thing I am guilty of is arguing with the VILLAGE IDIOT OF CLUTCHFANS.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Said it earlier in this thread and I still believe it's going to happen. If we're going to win tonight, I honestly think GIles is going to be a part of it. 3 outs to get with a lead. I think he gets the call and I think he can get it done.

I very well could be wrong. It's just a sense I'm getting.