1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you trust Ken Giles?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, May 16, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Not at all dude. He brings up a good point about how dumb it is to draw feelings of pride about an astros player sucking. We are all astros fans and feel good when they win and bad when they lose.

What is up with the superiority complexes and trying to draw divides between the fan base?

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Sorry, calling out fans with superiority complexes is the joy of clutchfans mathrocker. Deal with it, buddy. or as they say: if you can't handle the heat get outta the kitchen!

3. Daddy Long Legs

To me, the people calling out posters with an I told you so attitude are the ones with superiority complexes. I dont understand how that can be viewed any other way.

They are the ones attaching feelings of pride, superiority, and accomplishment to a guy like ken giles sucking. They are acting as if hey now is a loser and they are a winner when in reality we are all just astros fans who feel good when they win and bad when they lose

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not sure if it is the ball or something physical, but Giles was throwing his fastball about 3 mph slower and his slider about 4 mph slower. For a guy without command, that is pretty much a death sentence.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I would agree with you, IF this debate hadn't been going on for months, with Hey Now being one of the loudest, most obnoxious giles supporters. this isn't coming out of nowhere. He is just making it seem like it is so nice guys like you will have sympathy for him.

6. the shark

the shark Member

Get over myself? Hey Now if Giles fails it HURTS the Astros and I'm not like you in that I have to be right NO MATTER WHAT.
    You believe what you want to believe because I don't give a S*&T!!!

This is a fan site......you know where people share their thoughts and opinions.

This thread again is titled "DO YOU TRUST GILES"?

I didn't start the thread, but I have shared my thoughts on this from the very beginning of the season.

Nobody is discarding Giles contributions to the team during the regular season, but that success has NOTHING to do with what's been going on in the playoffs and how bad he's been.

So let me ask you this Hey Now.
    Screw what I think about Giles, screw what other posters on here think about playoff Giles or what Hinch thinks about Giles (or anyone in the media).

Hypothetical situation.
    Taking into consideration everything that Giles has done thus far (regular season and the playoffs), you are now the Mgr of the Astros.
    Are you putting him into the game tonight (or gm 7 if that is needed) and it doesn't matter what the situation is?
    AND if you do put him in (regardless of the situation) do you have ANY CONCERNS AT ALL knowing how bad he's been thus far and that his control has been all over the place?

Again the thread is titled "DO YOU TRUST GILES"?

If the answer is "yes", you would put him tonight (or a needed gm 7) and you that you wouldn't have ANY concerns at all doing so then Hey Now you are either clueless or you're lying.

If the answer is "no" you wouldn't put him the game then PLEASE SHUT THE F UP as it would prove you have concerns as well and just because people on here are voicing their concerns with Giles doesn't mean that they are hoping for (or "reveling" in his failures) but if you want to keep on believing that you go right ahead Hey Now.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Lol well i def dont have a dog in the race. Ill stay out of any poster war on this one. Carry on haha

T for 3 likes this.
  8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

This particular thread.... a thread titled "Do you trust Ken Giles?" began May 16, 2017.

My first post in the thread - and let me remind, I'm "one of the loudest, most obnoxious giles supporters" - was Sept. 11, a urgent four months after the thread began. I made three posts.

I did not post again - in a thread about Giles' trustworthiness - for 28 days, despite being "one of the loudest, most obnoxious giles supporters" And when I did end that 28-day stalemate, was it to.... loudly and obnoxiously support Giles? Nope; it was to discuss the bonkers inside-the-park home run Giles gave up in game 4 of the ALDS. I literally didn't even mention Giles' name in either post.

And then, just this week, I, "one of the loudest, most obnoxious giles supporters," labeled Giles' postseason "awful."
    ---------------------------------------------

Let's review: me, "one of the loudest, most obnoxious giles supporters" did not loudly or obnoxiously support Giles in a thread questioning his trustworthiness for nearly four months and then labeled his postseason "awful," despite the fact I'm apparently "one of the loudest, most obnoxious giles supporters."

OK.

9. the shark

the shark Member

Here's what I've said about Giles in this thread and I stand by every comment.
    You tell me Hey Now if I've been unfair or came here to revel in his failings?

The thread was "Do you trust Giles" and all I've done is share my feelings on why I have my doubts.

10. the shark

the shark Member

11. the shark

the shark Member

12. the shark

the shark Member

13. the shark

the shark Member

14. the shark

the shark Member

15. the shark

the shark Member

16. the shark

the shark Member

17. the shark

the shark Member

18. the shark

the shark Member

19. the shark

the shark Member

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He doesn't understand why I brought up Matt Schaub in relation to his Ken Giles love. It's like he has amnesia. He just rambles all over the place then forgets everything he was just talking about.

Matt Schaub? Who dat? Never heard of him? Oh, he's that guy that I went on and on about him being an elite QB and then he fell flat on his face? Don't remember. Oh, I did that with Ken Giles too and he fell flat on his face in the most important stretch of games of the whole season? Here's your ITOLDYA ribbon. Derp. :confused:

:cool:

J.R. likes this.