1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

do you feel there is a need to increase border security?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by body slam, Apr 29, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You sir are a nonbeliever.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL!

I'm not going to defend Mexico's governance of Mexico, but your reasoning for decrying their governance isn't unique to Mexico.

Has there ever been crowd incidents in the U.S. where people were killed, or where recognized law enforcement had to have violent confrontations with vigilantes? I believe there has been many.

But we do agree that Mexico will never pay for the wall.

Hopefully it will never be built.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude only thing crazy here is you my friend. First confusing weather with climate and now confusing illegal immigrants with drug cartels.

Look, let me spell it out for you - a wall isn't going to stop drug smuggling. They are moving it through UPS, Amtrak, and FedEx more and more. It's so naive to think you can stop people and drugs with building this $100 billion symbolic wall as a statue to Trump. Get over it.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't understand. Why wasn't the community made safer by moar guns?

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I find it perplexing that many people use this topic to make snide and captious arguments. This really is a serious issue. I understand that you think "but they're brown, who cares", but this is a country which directly borders the United States.

It seems like it is a warzone because it is a warzone.

6. JuanValdez

I think it is serious. Your solution -- keep this dangerous country as far away as possible from us -- isn't very satisfying.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Unintended effect, Mexico - U.S. trade deficit widens...

8. NewRoxFan

FEB 8 2018, 6:45 AM ET
    Probe shows no evidence of attack in Border Patrol agent death, FBI says
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-attack-border-patrol-agent-death-fbi-n845861

trump had used the death of the border agent to call for his trump-branded wall...

And even after today's report, Fox news continues to push the narrative...

Border patrol agent likely attacked from behind despite FBI finding no scuffle, union chief says
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/0...-fbi-finding-no-scuffle-union-chief-says.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Deport them all. Anyone who has disregarded our nation's sovereignty has zero right to be here. Period. I'm sick of hearing about their desires, their dreams. In addition to the financial burden they impose (> $118 billion a year NET, after tax revenue), there is a human cost as well. Yes, American citizens and legal immigrants commit crimes, but at least they have a right to be here. Every single illegal alien in this country is already a criminal by very nature of them being here. Those who support them have blood on their hands.

10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

12. conquistador#11

the way certain people want the us going anyone that looks like the son or has that name is in danger of being treated like an illegal 'alien'. Cases all over Arizona where latinos born here are being harassed. A couple of dreamers serving in the war died. are there lives worth less?

This is even before Dreamers, 2003 a look at non us citizen soldiers.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-death-of-lance-cpl-gutierrez/

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Your statement is a load of inaccurate rubbish. It's harassment to be in proximity to the border and be asked if you're a U.S citizen? Well too ****ing bad. With millions of illegals in this country, I don't think it's too much of an inconvenience to be asked your status and respond "I'm a US citizen.". Oh, poor victims. So traumatic. I've been pulled over and asked my citizenship down in the valley. I'm 1/8th Mexican and identify as white but am darker than your typical white person. I didn't feel oppressed.

And who mentioned illegals in the military or implied their lives were worth less? Not I.

Are all 24,000 of your posts as disjointed, deceptive, and nonsensical as this one?

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The native Americans should be able to deport all the white folks by your logic.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

We have how many million illegal immigrants in this country? The answer seems obvious. The way to do it, maybe not so much, but that we need better border security seems obvious.

Do I feel comfortable? Ie, am I scared of all the illegal immigrants? No, I'm not. But that doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

How many million illegal immigrants does it take for it to be a problem?

body slam likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

17. Cohete Rojo

Wow.

What say you @JuanValdez? I'd really love to hear the case for immigrating to Mexico.

___

36 local candidates have been assassinated in Mexico. And the election is still 2 months away.

This election season has been the most violent in Mexico’s recent history, with 36 candidates killed since September, and dozens of other politicians and campaign officials slaughtered.

That macabre statistic has created a fresh challenge for the country’s political parties: They are now trying to fill dozens of candidacies left open by the assassinations.

There are some positions that no one wants to contest right now,” said Eduardo Guerrero, a security expert at Lantia Consultores in Mexico City. “It’s something that we’re seeing in several states in the country.”

18. JuanValdez

What. It's a tragedy. They need to gain control and put down the cartels. The US collaborates with the Mexican government in that effort, but I wish we did more. As for emigrating to Mexico, I don't remember espousing or talking about that. I imagine it might make sense for some people, but they should consider the risks that come from cartels, corruption, and the political instability that creates. Just like I continue to choose to remain in the US but I have to consider the risks of my kids getting randomly shot at school (not that I'd emigrate to Mexico, more likely somewhere in the EU).

19. NewRoxFan

"proximity of the border"... in Montana. Why they were questioned?... speaking Spanish in area where most people don't...

Montana Border Patrol agent admits questioning US citizens for 'speaking Spanish in the store'

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/2...s-citizens-for-speaking-spanish-in-store.html

20. Cohete Rojo

I am not sure how your perspective on Mexico was built. Maybe you and others (like @B-Bob) developed these impressions of Mexico in a pre-NAFTA-effect 1990s - where you developed a fondness for Mexico's resort towns, or something like that.

Fact is, the homicide rate in Mexico is now the highest it has been since 1990. And right on cue we have @NewRoxFan in the early stages of a Twitter-blitzkrieg - about how some random US border agent became suspicious of someone speaking Spanish.

What different worlds you and I live in. What different worlds Mexico and the US live in.