1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

do you feel there is a need to increase border security?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by body slam, Apr 29, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

@Cohete Rojo, you may have lost the thread of the argument here. I've never disputed they have a cartel violence problem. I don't know why you keep trying to prove something that was conceded at the outset. You haven't demonstrated the relevance.

FranchiseBlade and KingCheetah like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

One being the real world and the another being the one you've invented in your head.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The cartels are obviously fighting over prime broccoli-growing real-estate - for legitimate export to nations other than the US.

Is that where you want to go?

Even John Stewart can make the case for increased border-security:

4. dmoneybangbang

Yea... that war on drugs has destabilized Central America. The US provides the demand, Central America is the corridor into the US, and Cartels and law enforcement prosper.

5. dmoneybangbang

They are fighting over access to US illegal drug consumers you moron.

Its bewildering how stupid you are. You seem to be in favor of drug cartels but are too stupid to realize it.

6. omgTHEpotential

I agree, an actual wall is a stupid idea. They should patrol the border with robot dogs.

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I want the border secured. It's not because I want to stop immigrants from coming either. I am a big proponent of LEGAL immigration. I want a secure border with a big gate that says WELCOME TO AMERICA.... just sign in here, follow our laws, and be a net positive on our economy and you can stay as long as you want. We need as many workers as we can get paying taxes and contributing.

Illegal immigration and our porous border contribute to the drug problem and related crime in this country as well as human smuggling. If we secure our border and offer a speedier legal path to entering the US I think it would go a long way towards saving lives. It seems like every year they find a 18 wheeler filled with dead people trying to get into our country. I can't see how anyone could say the status quo is acceptable.

I want the border secured as an overall part of what I want our foreign policy to look like. I see no reason to continue the charade that is the war in Afghanistan. We should have declared victory after Osama was taken out and pulled our troops out. Instead we leave our guys over there because our Presidents want to pass the buck to the next guy. They know as soon as they leave the Taliban will role in and be in charge within 6-12 months. Once they control the country they can rebuild some terrorist training camps and start planning revenge attacks. Another reason I would like a more secure border....

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Showing his sandbag troll prowess. Excellent middle management material who loads of time and energy to spare!

9. Cohete Rojo

Here is Mexico in a nutshell:
    • Violence is approaching South Africa-levels
    • It smuggles out large amounts of narcotics to the US
    • It smuggles in large amounts of weapons and ammunition from the US
    • Being a politician, political candidate, or civil servant means that you have a target on your back - a literal target
    • Despite all of the violence and corruption, Mexico's presidential candidates want to pull the army out of the cartel war (suicide)
    • No one can make a case for immigrating to the country

Yeaah, I'm not convinced that increased border security is the end-of-the-world scenario that some people claim it to be. It might be as beneficial to the US to keep guns out of Mexico as it is to keep drugs out of the US.

That broccoli industry is just insane. It's profit ceiling is through the roof.

___

Mexico: brazen daylight shootout turns Guadalajara into war zone

Witnesses said the shootout seemed like something straight out of an action movie: heavily armed men swarmed a posh Japanese restaurant, where a former state prosecutor was leaving after a long lunch. Luis Carlos Nájera’s bodyguards returned fire and a gun battle ensued on the streets of a trendy neighbourhood in the Mexican city of Guadalajara.

Fifteen people were injured in the attack and subsequent narcobloqueos – roadblocks made by torching buses and other vehicles to hamper police operations – left 15 injured. An eight-month-old baby boy died after suffering severe burns in a bus attack; his mothersuffered burns to 90% of her body.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like you're listing a lot of reasons on why we should allow people to immigrate to the United States. Those conditions seem primed for people to want to seek a better life in the U.S.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Two recurring themes in the trump presidency... "for show" and "ineffective"...

Border Patrol Union: Trump’s Deployment Has Been ‘Colossal Waste’
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...says-trump-deployment-has-been-colossal-waste

12. NewRoxFan

HHS Official Says Agency Lost Track of Nearly 1,500 Unaccompanied Minors
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/...st-track-of-nearly-1500-unaccompanied-minors/

13. conquistador#11

They have the 1930s Joseph Goebbels propaganda of blurring the truth by repeating lies, down to an art form.
    They've also found a group of people to blame the country's problems on by associating all undocumented immigrants as violent criminals. A farmer from Monterrey, Mexico has no idea what an ms-13 is.

It's getting creepier. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Dennison & co are architecting 'policies' with the influence of that dark era, even the people he has surrounded himself with have admired that era. Who jokes about having their own 'concentration camps' in the case of arpaio. I definitely don't think about what orange skin would like as a soap bar. It's not normal but somehow hatred towards immigrants is becoming normal with certain newsfeeds and 'politicians'.

As a curious observer, in an alternate universe, I wish we could see mr. dennison running as a democrat and winning. would he still be able to brainwash a 'base'? who would be the version of the immigrants from shithole countries? Would the democrats follow him blindly without reasoning?

It was over 8 years ago I suggested HPD should shoot and kill all ms-13 gang members in Houston. Obstructionists in the hangout said HPD would be overrun, my opinion still hasn't changed as they hurt innocent hard working immigrants and hispanic residents.

tldr; I dislike evil people, ALL sides.

and then there is this

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. body slam

body slam Member

Since MS-13 has been mentioned has anyone been keeping up with the channel 2 MS-13 exclusives. How they are dropping the tats and posing as victims hoping to get asylum to get in to the US. Houston and El Salvador police training together. Its pretty interesting.

16. NewRoxFan

Trump Blames Own Border Policy on Democrats
    https://www.factcheck.org/2018/05/trump-blames-own-border-policy-on-democrats/

https://www.sharethefacts.co/share/695bdeb1-8835-4d3c-bc4e-969f44bf348b

17. Cohete Rojo

People seeking asylum do not enter the country illegally and then attack a US border agent.

This is why we need an increase in border security. I wish others could agree.

They need to keep their **** in their own country. We don’t need it.

___

'Not animals': Guatemala family mourns niece killed by U.S. Border Patrol

The Border Patrol said in an earlier statement that the people attacked the agent with blunt objects, and that Gomez was among the assailants.

18. conquistador#11

i'd say let all the facts come out on that story first. There was a witness who says the opposite. The border patrol agent changed his story from being attacked with 'blunt objects' to just being rushed.

19. Cohete Rojo

Worse than Russia. Worse than Syria. Worse than anywhere else in the world.

This place is in our backyard, folks.

___

A Reporter Was Beaten to Death in Mexico, Becoming the Sixth Journalist Killed There This Year

A Mexican journalist has been beaten to death in the northeastern state of Tamaulipas Tuesday, the sixth journalist killed in the country this year.

The body of Hector Gonzalez, a correspondent for national daily newspaper Excelsior, was found in the state’s capital city of Ciudad Victoria, Reuters reports citing the state attorney general’s office.

Gonzalez is the third reporter to be killed in Mexico in the last two weeks, and at least the sixth this year.

According to Reporters Without Borders, Mexico is one of the most dangerous countries in the world to be a journalist; at least 11 were killed in the country in 2017.

20. NewRoxFan

SMH...

Sen. Jeff Merkley denied entry into one migrant detention facility, claims he saw kids caged in another
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senato...detention-center-refugee-children-2018-06-04/