1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dilbert's Scott Adams Explains "How To Know You're In A Mass Hysteria Bubble"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Aug 19, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I didn't know that bigtexxx had a tranny issue. Do tell.

2. No Worries

From the linked posted above, Adams doesn't even vote. All of those endorsements could be publicity stunts.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You do realize this is the guy who created Dilbert? Have you ever read it? He pretty much straight out said he's intentionally being wishy washy to protect his brand.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Deflect because you know I'm right.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Mass hysteria is one of mojo's favorite phrases. Probably from listening to Mark Levin too much or reading too many Laura Ingraham websites. Everyone that doesn't cater to right wing propaganda is in varying degrees of mass hysteria. His brain is full of right wing catch phrases and pseudo intellectual nonsense. Boring.

#25 CometsWin, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Someone took this too seriously.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that just because someone creates a famous comic strip doesn't mean they can't go senile.

8. Space Ghost

You do realize just because someone can post on a BBS doesn't mean they aren't nuts?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, yeah, we all know you're nuts and clearly you post here. Guess you proved your own point!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Forum Nazis like Deckard are going to come after you now.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Scott Adams? LOL. This guy was on the Sam Harris podcast recently. I highly recommend it. Keep in mind that this is the absolute best you can hope for as far as a defense of Trump. No one with any amount of smarts will ever defend DJT. I'd love to be wrong on that, so please point me in that direction if that is the case. I certainly haven't seen it in this forum.

12. Space Ghost

Thankfully he has me blocked. Now I have no reason to respond to his idiotic posts of the week.

13. Major

Major Member

[​IMG]

14. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with Adams.

I would point out the same thing happened during the Presidency of Obama. There was wide spread hysteria and outrage about Obama from the right.

This isn't unique to a single political view, just the triggers differ.

I do believe that most Liberals believe that Donald Trump is racist. I also believe a majority of Republicans felt Obama disliked white people.

With Trump, rather than focus coverage on his perceived racism, the focus should be on him having the least successful start to a Presidency in US history. He has been nothing short of an absolute and complete failure and embarrassment so far.

Monuments of Robert E. Lee mean very little in the larger context.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

16. TheresTheDagger

I personally never felt any animus towards Obama the man. And I never felt he "disliked white people". I do feel he reflected the black experience and sympathized with it (understandably) much more than any president should. To me, it felt uncomfortable and inappropriate. Nevertheless, this is not the main reason I personally was disappointed in his presidency. For me it was his policies (like ramming through a hugely important healthcare billon a party line vote) which I never thought was right for the country AND his inability to bring the country together due to the scandals that occurred and his complete denial of wrongdoing.

As far as the man himself goes, I always thought (and still do) that he's a nice guy, a good family man and well meaning.

Nook likes this.
  17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Please elaborate.

18. No Worries

Fake News!

My one criticism of Obama is that he did not bring the country together more. Obama could have done more to build behind-the-scenes relationships with Congress, both sides of the aisle. The conservative public rhetoric might not have changed but Obama might have had some legislative victories in his last six years. For example, the infrastructure bill that should be bipartisan and easily passed by the current Congress could have been passed in Obama's last six years in office.

Having said that ...

I am not 100% sure that the Republican Congress in Obama's last six years would have been any different. They appear to dead set on making Obama, America's first black President, look bad in his last six years and going forward.

Despite your assertion that Obama had scandals, history will likely reflect that the Obama Presidency was scandal free and that Obama served with dignity in the face thinly veiled racist attacks from the Right. Obama will likely be ranked as an average to above average President.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

People need to wake up and stop letting the media control their emotions. The media loves identity politics and division. This is what gets viewers. The media is the group that convinced 40k to march in Boston yesterday. There is not a neo nazi / kkk problem in America. They are a tiny fringe who are laughed at. The media coverage legitimized them. People need to see through this and think for themselves and not let the media define the agenda.

"If you don't watch the media you're uninformed. If you do watch, you're misinformed." -Denzel Washington

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

I'm going to hold my judgement until I know what Orson Scott Card thinks about all this.