1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Manti Te'o lie about dead girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by macho87, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

A week after Lance Armstrong got his time on Oprah, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo gave a very comfortable looking Dr. Phil an interview in which he proclaimed that he felt a romantic attraction to Manti Te'o. The plot thickens.

First of all, these people are liars. Te'o and Tuiasosopo have both lied for apparent benefit. Te'o for his beloved image. Tuiasosopo's motive is not so clear. A joke? Now maybe attraction? This story first came out right following Te'o and the Irish crapped the bed in the BCS championship game. Manti Te'o should accept his punishment of being labeled a bad character guy, be relegated to the third round of the NFL draft and pick up the pieces from there.

But there is money to be made. A bigger problem rears its ugly head. Dr. Phil is feigning concern. Really, Phil? You, who call yourself a psychologist are going to out a young man on NBC? A young man who says he's "confused" sure doesn't sound like he's ready to deal with the ugliness regularly hurled at homosexuals just yet. I'm already ripping the guy for lying but you, Mr. Shape Up!, see green. Ironic isn't it that you're getting fatter off this?

How the hell does Dr. Phil get away with this? How is he taken seriously, further given an audience at all? Don't tune in to this BS. The interview is set to air Thursday morning on the Today Show. Anyone who would watch TV, watch something else. Like this:

[​IMG]

2. YaosDirtyStache

I am personally going to fap during this interview. HELL YEA.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

It's getting interesting....even more so after the Super Bowl.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8900688/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-says-was-love-manti-teo
    I won't sit here and say I "know" what's going on....but I will say that neither one of these two has any credibility in my book. Both have come across as major BSers in their respective interviews and all the other conflicting half answers they've offered. Too many red flags, too many things that don't add up.

Hopefully Manti plays great football next year.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just close your eyes like Te'o

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

they're all lying. te'o was in on it imo...his people, in desperation, decided that the best course of action to clean up this mess would be having his buddy give an interview claiming he's in love with te'o and that te'o totally, totally didn't know anything about it...god they are all so full of ****.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Totally agree, this story just needs to die. Sick of hearing about it, Te'o is going to get a storm of mocking next season in the NFL.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If what you think actually happened is what actually happened, Te'o and his handlers are the biggest idiots in the world. The best course of action to clean up this mess would be to shut the **** up about it and just wait for the next thing to distract the sports media.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agreed.

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Manti Teo is hoping he ends up on the same team as Leon Sandcastle