1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone catch Around the Horn today? Tmac was discussed.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glimmertwins, Jul 11, 2008.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...was at the gym and saw they were discussing Tmac on Around the Horn today but of course I had to have a radio to listen to the channel and I only had my Ipod. Does anyone know what they were saying? I just saw them discussing while a bunch of footage from this year's playoffs ran on the screen. I got home and recorded it but missed the first ten minutes which just so happened to be when they talked about him. Anyone catch it?

2. AAAproduction1

probally that looser jay bashing t-mac

3. FFz

FFz Member

Those ppl know nothing about basketball. They just make up **** to get points.

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The concept of that show is so stupid IMO.

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

I saw it. :rolleyes:

Those dolts sitting around saying, "Yeah, it'll work!" or "No, it won't work, T-Mac plays no defense, & Detroit is a defensive-minded team!"

Blackistone was the most ridiculous ... He say's "T-mac would fit in WONDERFULLY with Prince, Rasheed, Billups, & Hamilton."

& just what would Detroit be giving US, Blackystone? Dog****?

Stupid show, with an even stupider panel.

Yes, stupider is a word. :p

6. jinh1783

jinh1783 Member

they were talking about rumors reported in Toronto about mcgrady being traded to detroit and would he be a great fit for them.

7. kikimama

kikimama Member

If I got a nickel every time someone said a show was stupid but somehow knows the latest content on that show, man, I'd be a McDonald's dollar menuaire.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

say what you want about the show, but they wouldnt put it on there, let alone as the lead story/debate, if the rumor didn't have some legs. that's a fact. it isnt a rockets fans message board looking for any rumor blurb that they can exacerbate, it's ESPN.

where there's smoke, there's fire.

9. Laozi

Laozi Member

I think you have way too much faith in ESPN, their job is to make news out of nothing

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

No...they openly discuss rumors whether they have "legs" or not. Most of them never come to fruition. The most likely occurrence is that Dumars came to Morey with a very weak offer that was quickly turned down.

I would assume that he's been shot down alot this offseason after his press conference following their exit from the playoffs. He made a point about saying he was looking at the best players on teams but i doubt he's willing to give up what it takes to get a great player.

As far as Around the Horn goes i actually enjoy it. Of course they don't know as much about the rockets as us but all together they have waaaaay more sports knowledge than any of us.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He is stupid, Woody Paige is ridiculed but that man knows what hes saying

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

This was Feigen's comment about the rumor about an hour ago:

As I passed by a TV today, I saw that ESPN's "Around the Horn" was on, and saw that they were talking about the Rockets. The only thing I could see was the topic line at the bottom of the screen: "McGrady: Pistons Interested?" Jon, do you have any idea of what they were talking about? I'm sure they're all rumors, but I was just curious.

(Utter nonsense. -- Jonathan)

Posted by: mgarcia878 at July 11, 2008 04:52 PM

13. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

Woody Paige cracks me up, he's the only reason why I watch that show. He's like the senile grandfather who says crazy stuff or just bables on until you basically have to tell him to be quiet.

I loved what he had on his chalk board today..........gimpin' aint easy! :D

14. kikimama

kikimama Member

Umm, there's a thread called "Piston's interested in Trading for Mcgrady".
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=150974
    http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2008/07/pistons_dumars_nothing_imminen.html
    Wow, so they read the news too! I guess I can be an ESPN analysis too.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Indeed.

17. kikimama

kikimama Member

you are probably the only one on the board that cares or gives credit to what ESPN analysis have to say about basketball. if you can't comprehend what i'm saying, you are the one who needs to learn "our" language. :rolleyes: This bbs already knew about what they were talking about a few days before ESPN had it on "around the horn". That's all I was trying to point out because you were acting like ESPN knows more about the rockets than this bbs. You know those "sources" they say they have? It's probably the internet.

18. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I beg to differ but then again I'm in the sports media as well and have made it a point to study both current and historic sporting events and knowledge.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm honestly amazed that show is still on the air...

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

were u at lifetime on hwy 6?