1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Watson is sounding more and more confident. Wouldn't be surprised to see him starting day one. Exciting times for us Texans fans.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I kind of feel bad for Savage who is such a nice guy, but from the beginning, I knew Watson would slowly "take over." Watson is a star in the making, you can't really hold him back. I don't want him to start before there is a consensus that he is ready, but that time is likely coming soon.

Marteen and ipaman like this.
  5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is pretty much exactly how I feel.. Feel bad for Savage just because of how things have kept getting put ahead of him. But also feel most comfortable about Watson beating him out than any of the others that did. But don't want Watson to start "just because" I want him to earn it.

6. texian

texian Member

THREE DOWN

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I see accuracy still an issue

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

9. texian

texian Member

One of these is not like the other.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Could be cause our best OL is in hold out mode and the rest of our line is mediocre minus the "rookie" (essentially) in Nick Martin.

If you noticed he was running more than a few bootlegs as well during preseason game 1.

Also, being in control may mean, the fact that pre-snap he has good reads, audibles, and protection called correctly... execution of the play from the QB to the line and the playmakers is a completely different story.

11. Malaya

Malaya Member

It can also mean "his head is not swimming anymore." He is making quick decisions because he understands his reads, sees the defense better, knows where he wants his receivers to go.

Quite a feat in just 3-4 months. Now to get live game experience.

He's also been limited by his 2nd-3rd string receivers (except McCarron and Anderson) who have been dropping his passes. He doesn't have any reliable TEs. He'll do much better with the ones.

12. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

This displeases me.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

And probably BOB too because he wants him to go through all his options before he tucks and runs

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am very excited about DW, and think he is going to be the Texan's FIRST elite QB (Moon was with the Oilers), but, like many of you I don't want him fed to the wolves before he gets comfortable. I can't wait for Saturday night. The next two games will likely determine if he starts the season or not. I just can't see him sitting a year. Do you drive around in a Yugo if you have a Vet sitting in the garage? On the other hand, you don't want to wreck your shiny Corvette if it is not roadworthy.

Marteen likes this.
  15. texian

texian Member

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

My guess is O'Brien won't start Watson until he is broken of his running habit

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think Savage's performance will factor in also. BOB's bottom line is winning games and Watson will get the nod if he gives the Texans a better chance to win.

I'm the biggest Watson fan here and I want Savage to do well. The best case is he starts (and wins) early in the season before Watson takes over. I think most of us realize Savage will probably go down with an injury after a few games. If not, I expect his performance to eventually drop off.

It's just a matter of time and I'd rather that time be around the 4th game.

This sort of reminds me of Watson's freshman year at Clemson when Cole Stoudt was in front of him. Savage has to do better than that.

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Agree with everything except the highlighted part :D

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's interesting seeing BK say some of the same things I said when I watched it live. Hopefully it causes some here to pump their brakes a bit.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Pump the brakes? Who cares? What people say or think on this message board won't be a factor in any way with how the Texans perform on the field.

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.