1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson leads the league in TDs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Oct 15, 2017.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Only in my wildest dreams did I think he would be this good. I guess my wildest dreams do come true.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  2. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Probably Cam did?

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Even the most optimistic of us probably thought it was going to be a full season experiment. And then he bangs out back to back 5 TD games lmfao.

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's like we really did draft Jordan with the 12th f_cking pick! Amazing so far and could be best first rounder since that guy named Watt surprised everyone by winning 3 DPoY!

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Otto Graham led the league as a rookie in 1946 with 17 TDs.

Kurt Warner led the league in 1999, his first full year as starter, but he was on the Rams in 1998. Same for Daunte Culpepper who led the league in 1998 but was drafted in 1997.

The youngest player to lead the league in TDs since 1939 was Dan Marino in his 2nd year at age 22 (at the start of the season). Watson was 21 at the start of the season. Almost coincidentally, Marino's birthday is September 15, Watson's in September 14.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Watson needs 1.2 TD passes per game to break the rookie record of 26 set by Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning

Htownballer38 likes this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Honestly surprised he's not 4th already, figured only Carr,Schaub and Rosenfels would have more.

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

There are 3 quarterbacks he reminds me of...1. Cam newton, the reasons it's obvious...the style the running ability, very similar 2. Brett Favre, (this both good and bad) - his penchant to love the deep ball and throw on the run. Doesn't quite have the legendary arm but Watsons arm is absolutely legit , can throw on the run like Farve did, but that willingness to make a pass happen out of nothing can get him in trouble as it was a criticism of Farve as well...but you also get the spectacular plays..3. Peyton Manning , his intelligence, you can tell this young man is way more mature than typical 22 year old QBs, he will study the game rewind to sharpen lessons and experience and build on it much like Peyton did. He already has shown improvements in just about every game...

I'm really excited about DW obviously. We never had a QB like this and I think he will continue to throw TDs to the point that 3 a game is considered achievable on an average basis...which is crazy good when you know he can only get better :)

ramotadab likes this.
  10. texian

texian Member

...and message board threads.

TejasTom, sammy and Nimo like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did you take away every other quarterbacks worthless TDs and little shovel passes and dump offs where the receiver scores the TD on his own?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy isn't it? It's been a long time since I had this kind of faith in a Texans QB.....and just like back then, the defense is sh*tting the bed right when the offense is firing on all cylinders.

RedRedemption likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You shouldn't disrespect him by comparing him to Scam.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

N O O D L E A R M
    O
    D
    L
    E
    A
    R
    M

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

NE running game is basically the short pass.

16. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yeah, Watson is like 1000 times better than Tom savages. It is mind boggling to me that Texans picked savage over this dude as a starter. Did they see Watson practice in offseason??? It is mind boggling . I think they picked savage because of his nfl experience but it never worked... Watson is way way better than savage and Texans were wrong.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    When I heard that stat on the radio....

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

It's obvious B'oBs QB whisper senses were off. Even whispers can make mistake after mistake after mistake. :confused:

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yes.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member