1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Did watson save the game or did BoB coached us to victory, exactly. Stop being prissy cause Watson bailed out our sht coach.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So he wasn't missing throws early. I didn't insult anyone so stay classy b**** ass hater

Sorry they won b****

mario_v likes this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DW has a lot of Joe Montana in him.

Marteen, Houstunna and YaoMing#1 like this.
  4. dejamike

dejamike Member

I’m just here for @vonbock ‘s response....

Mr.Scarface and Fulgore like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yes he was. Watson has a penchant to make great plays at great moments, hence the Jordan thing.

But during those regular moments, he tends to mid some reads, he also has to learn to throw it away, and he has to learn to have eyes in the back of his head at times when he is scrambling in the pocket.

Otherwise, Jordan.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Did you see that bum Watson? Damn he sucks......

7. Texanstradamus

O’Brien almost choked this away let’s not forget Watson had to win this twice

vator and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Enjoying Deshaun. The whole team doing the guitar thing is something else. Those running plays for TD, or 2 Pt conversion is unbelievable. Those are like Michael Jordan plays. HTown representing!!!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

As an OBrien defender, the slow starts are on him.

Coming from New England, i don't understand that problem

10. rugg31

rugg31 Member

I find it hilarious how so many people think everything bad that happens is only because of BOB. Then, that everything good that happens is only because of Deshaun. That’s just not how it works.

Some people would also love every play to either be a pass or Deshaun run/option. He’d be done halfway thru every season if y’all were calling the plays. It’s the playoffs so we’ll see him run more now as seen by double digit rush attempts today.

Is BOB a mastermind play caller? No. Does Deshaun sometimes make the play calling look bad with a missed read or check? Yes.

I’d go further and say that up to half the sacks Deshaun takes are his fault. At the same time that detriment of holding the ball can also be his greatest asset with playmaking ability. It’s not always pretty but certainly exciting.

11. Two Sandwiches

Yes they are. If he had a history of the opposite, he'd be one of the better coaches in the league, to be honest.

But the way his history is right now, I don't want him as the coach here any longer.

The only way for him to save his job, in my eyes is to come out rocking against Baltimore or KC. He needs to put up 20+ by half and probably win the game.

12. Two Sandwiches

I would say probably 60% of Deshaun's sacks are his fault.

He's never going to have the fewest sacks in the league. It's the style he plays. Russ Wilson is the same way. He's just got to learn to throw the ball away at times.

deb4rockets, cmoak1982 and rugg31 like this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They need to do analytics on whether or not the 'holding the ball too long' sacks outweigh the extended successful plays.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think you have to take some of them or you wouldn’t get the play to Jones. I just get worried about injury.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

I agree with this. I'd say that play to Jones negates about five of this either sacks.

When you add in about four more of those (or more), I think you live with them. You just worry about injury.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Wilson is one of the best QB in the game now but I watson statistically is better at this point of his career than Wilson was at the same age.

Wilson had a monster running back and a killer defense early on If watson had those things we would be in the SuperBowl I’m sure of that.

I took russ 5 years to get to the level he’s at now even though he is was already a baller from the jump just like watson.

our D is just not very good.

I do like our running back combo I think duke for a 3rd round pick ewe w great trade he’s on a good contract and he’s actually really productive he’s just not a every down back but he’s awesome catching and running the ball. Hyde is solid he’s nothing special but he is a good back 1000 yards and 6 tds is solid.

our backs produced around 2000 all purpose yards and double digit tds combined. Not all world but could be much worse.

I think we’ll see the best version of watson in 2 years. But he’s damn good for a 3rd year player who hasn’t even started 3 seasons worth of games.

Two Sandwiches and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Totally agree about this year's backs. I feel more confident with Hyde running up the middle than Miller, even though that is neither one's specialty. Of coarse some of that may just be having a better O-Line this year than last. And there is light years difference between having Duke come in versus Blue. Just wish BOB would use the dump-off to running backs to set up the run instead of the other way around.

red5rocket and Two Sandwiches like this.
  19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Only starting quarterback that played yesterday and had a passer rating over 100 with 121.2 and this against the top ranked pass defense in the NFL. Nobody else even cracked 70.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sunday he will prove to the world he’s better than Mahomes.