1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick and the Columbia Blue...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by payaso, Mar 29, 2019.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Seriously. I have nothing but painful memories of that team and could not care less about them or their colors. They left. They abandoned the city that gave them everything. If the t*** want to wear that uniform and all of the failure it's known for, let em. I honestly couldn't care less.

UTSA2step likes this.
  2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Way back in the day, I had a Texans-related web site that actually predates the name TEXANS, and I had some contacts here and there...

Anyway, as I was told, the original Texan color scheme was:
    [​IMG]

That's the *original* '03/'04 Houston/Super Bowl logo, which was essentially a test pilot for the color scheme. And then, in 2001, the Rams changed to navy and gold and the Texans scrapped it.

I have long maintained the navy, red, gold combo slaps and that the Texans should go back to it.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I was on the mailing list for the news letter that the host committee sent out and it had that logo on the masthead which I thought was awesome. I figured that was the template for THE logo for the Super Bowl. I was sorely disappointed when the actual logo came out. And now they've gone to that sad template for the same logo every year.

Hey Now! likes this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

That would be amazing. I'd definitely be on board for that.

Buck Turgidson and Hey Now! like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Sorry, man, not bland enough for this franchise.

macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Goodness. This off-season has everyone in suck a mood that the colors of Texas are “bland” now.. we’re so bored and angry we’re attacking the teams COLORS now guys... I guess we could just be Seahawks fans along with every white girl everywhere.

Hey Now! likes this.
  7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Already changed my avi to correspond so no going back.

Buck Turgidson and houstonstime like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

"Now"? There's nothing "now" about any of it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/texans-uniforms.57588/
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/texans-should-change-logo-uniform-scheme.179068/
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/texans-bringing-back-luv-ya-blue.274162/
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ns-brand-mean-anything-special-to-you.261237/
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/uniform-changes.269619/
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...change-their-uniform-logo-combination.219981/

It was a joke, btw. Everyone should know by now that logo/name/color changes are never going to happen.

macho GRANDE, red5rocket and Nook like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oilers still have a better track record in Football than the Texans. Don't be a salty homer.

10. Nook

Nook Member

No idea, but I do think that Bud Adams daughter looks like famous spree killer Richard Speck.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

payaso likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wake me up when Brian Gaine gets drunk and moons a wedding party. Or when Romeo Crennel punches Tim Kelly during a Sunday Night Football game.

csj likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The good ole days. Now all we have is Clay ****ing Walker.

What a cuck franchise.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Hey, don't sell the letterman jackets short.

Nook likes this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobodys shot themselves in the head on a freeway overpass and the GM hasn't had a drunken brawl in a restaurant after downing half a dozen bottles of Dom. Also, none of the owners have ever walked around with a dead beaver pelt on their heads. So they have that going for them.

Both are below .500 all-time. Oilers have a marginally better winning percentage, but I'd gladly trade a handful of wins to be spared the constant embarrassment to the city that the Oilers never failed to provide. I mean, the Bengals made it to the Super Bowl once, and they are pretty much the universal nominee for all time worst run franchise If you hang around long enough, sometimes you stumble into success despite yourself.

I'd you dont like the Texans, fine. But if you really think the Bud Adams trainwreck wasnt a nonstop donkey show of an embarrassment, I'd question either how old you are or how closely you were paying attention while they were here. As mediocre as the Texans are, they've never yet made me want to pretend I was from somewhere else.

Edit:

To compare apples to apples, I ran the first 17 years of then Texans record vs. the first 17 years of the Oilers.

Texans have been 121-151 through 17 seasons. For the same period, the Oilers were 101-131-6. Through a comparable period of existance, the Texans' have a better record. Texans winning percentage over that period was .44485, while the Oilers' winning percentage when they were at the same point was .42437.

#34 Ottomaton, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  15. payaso

payaso Member

Fruit of the vine, baby...

16. Nook

Nook Member

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Has NOTHING to do with it. The point is...it was NEVER going to happened. If you were around back then when the Oilers' left, you understand how PETTY, VINDICTIVE Bud Adams' was. That he went to the NFL and said: "Houston and the Oilers' name will never be allowed to go back to Houston" is all you needed to know. He got the NFL to retire the name and logo. I think he put it in his will.

If you paid attention, there was NEVER a chance.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Find another team. Im sure the cowboys and saints would LOVE to have you.

19. Nook

Nook Member

What exactly did he say that is inaccurate? The Texans have been an incredibly mediocre at best. I don’t think that can really even be debated.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Nah dude, I'm good. I'll continue to root like hell for the players and casually mock the organization until they change my mind.

houstonstime, macho GRANDE and Nook like this.