1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They banned Guns N Roses

2. kanariya

kanariya Member

So if a group of people beating up others randomly and police doesn't give a damn then do the same a month later, what would you do? A lot of times people share biased videos that black shirt people beating up older people and quickly judged that as riot. Those people never learned what happened before. After 7/21 numerous people from gangs attacked people with rods and knifes. When polices side with those people what do you do?

It wasn't just the wrong doing on 7/21. The justice was gone. The cop in the MTR station was caught walking away from the scene. Nearby police stations all closed gate. 999 hangs up your call. Finally the police arrived 40mins later and arrested no one. After the police left the Triad came back for another round of beating. They even attacked a pregnant lady and journalist. Then videos caught police casually chatting with the Triad outside who's still holding the rods. Law maker Junius Ho caught on camera shaking hand with white shirt Triad. Later the police press conference said they didn't see anyone with offensive weapons.

Protesters were peaceful in the beginning. This pro china guy was not arrested after all.

There were so many cases of pro China people beating others or even stabbing others. Few citizens got deep cut in arms and legs through the bone. After a while of these non sense people started to learn self defend. If there is a video of protesters beating up a citizen, most of the time there was a story before it and some people chose to edit it out. There are a few cases that I don't agree with the protesters but most of the time it's true.

3. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

So your justice is to destroy and burn the MTR stations, break their fire system and watering the gate system that bring fear to the citizens who have nothing to do with the incident? And then blame the MTR for service stoppage? Shatter all CCTV cams, ask for the videos for any incident took place and more violence if not available? Throwing objects on the rail, break the signal devices and risk the life of hundreds of passengers? Demolish the escalators and elevators so the elderly and baby trolleys would walk up-stair and down-stair in order to take MTR? Smash all the traffic lights and endanger drivers, passengers and pedestrians? Building roadblocks, stop all the vehicles, scanning the phone of the drivers and passengers, force them to support the movement and took their money? Destroying and burning banks and ATMs so people cannot withdraw their money for living? Burning Government Offices Buildings, crush the escalators, elevators and fire system inside so the people in need of welfare and clinic cannot get the services? Threat to kill family members of police officers and wish their kids die before 7 years old? Trying to break into Disciplined Services Quarters Tower where residents include not only police but other Disciplined Services Department and their family including elderly and children?

Welcome to a new world.

P.S. to whom who are interested. 28 people are arrested for the 721 incident.

#443 leeallen, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Lovemachine2000 and ClutchCity3 like this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I hear you and see that. Nothing good can come out of this. Some of these came to affect the livelihood of these people. Come to think of it, why would the pro-China people beat up the protesters? HK has never been a place where one side cannot tolerate the other side. From 1949, the island always had multiple political voices. Never had there been violence like this. I am a little disappointed in you saying this. Biased.

I post these links in another thread. I apologize for being repetitive. But this I think more or less captures what is going on. This is not just July 2019 of this year.

2014:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/29414535/meet-hong-kongs-17-year-old-protest-leader

2016:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/world/asia/hong-kong-indigenous-separatism.html

2019 July
    https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/07/hong-kong-protests-more-radical/594460/

2019 August
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...l-core-hong-kong-protesters-who-trashed-citys

ClutchCity3 likes this.
  5. kanariya

kanariya Member

Fun fact with your last article, soon after the protesters broke into the legislature hall around 9pm on July 1st. The police released a video statement on Facebook at 10:21pm to condemn the protesters violence. But his Rolex was clearly pointing at 5pm. They were such a fortune teller and of course they denied whatever was accused.

6. kanariya

kanariya Member

28 were arrested out of few hundreds participated. they weren't wearing any mask at all and their face were caught on cameras. only like 8 or so were charged and that took like 2-3 months. protesters were presented charges and sent to court in 2 days.

since you like to believe partial biased stories, I can tell you one I just heard. that MTR insider said the undercover police did all the vandalism on the MTR stations so regular people would hate them for causing them inconvenience. of course you wouldn't believe it because I'm skeptical too. You should fact check all your news before making accusations.

I can tell you that protesters attack MTR, Bank of China, Maxim's Group franchises, Triads, Fukin Gang and police. To make you feel better, protesters who committed crime are risking to be arrested and many already did. But nobody is holding the police accountable for the police brutality and torture. The Indonesian journalist got shot blind is looking to sue the police who fired the round at her but the police wouldn't even find out who was involved. 2 days ago the NOW TV journalist who was shot randomly on back of his head by bean bag round was arrested for 2 hours before he was sent to hospital. He was being tortured while arrested. Medical staff found 9 other bruises and injuries on him. The news agency could only issue an statement condemning violence on the press. Again no police was held accountable. A Christian citizen who was part of the protect the children group was pulled to the side street by the police and beat up. The citizen wasn't a protester. He wasn't wearing black nor mask. In fact he had a yellow vest on for visibility. Other citizens caught the police kicking him on the floor and the commander called the man an yellow object in the press conference. There is no justice. What more can they do?

Last question, where do you get your news?

#446 kanariya, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    tycoonchip likes this.
  7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

9. leeallen

Biased stories? What stories did I said?
    MTR stations are self destroyed and burnt? CCTV cams exploded themselves? Objects on the rail were sent from the god above?
    All the escalators and elevators broke down on their own? Traffic lights turned off 'cause of 24/7 usage? Roadblocks raised from the ground?
    Banks and ATMs equipped with auto demolition and triggered by accident? Government Offices Buildings crushed 'cause of the Mars orbiting the Sun? Teachers fb were hacked to post the threat to kill family members of police officers and their kids? Attack of Disciplined Services Quarters Tower were actually movie filming? All the damages are done by undercover. So all incidents were police vs police. I got it now.

I was talking about citizens and you kept blaming on police.

Where do I get the news? Just like this
    [​IMG]

bearrider and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  10. leeallen

First some Rolex have four hands.

So you are saying when the bank was unlocked one should grab the money inside?
    Then there is no surprise what the six members of pro-democracy have done on oath-taking ceremonies.
    I was so mad when I watched it live on TV. Were they not understand how important their votes were on the Council?
    Why give the opposing a handle? A small leak will sink a great ship. Why? I thought the youth movement on the Council were great. Why did they do that?

Now I know they all take consequence too lightly.

#450 leeallen, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Mmmm so you're saying China has had control of HK since 1949? You do know it was under UK control until 1997 right? You're also wondering why would pro China people backed by the state controlled government commit violence against the opposing side? I think you answered your own question.

12. Emanon

Emanon Member

a beautiful sight to behold

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Armed protest around here as well.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with people from China
    It’s the people telling Adam Silver to fire Daryl Morey or else than threaten the entire nba

15. tinman

Supporting Member

@Clutch
    @Ziggy
    @Reeko
    @CometsWin
    this account was created in 2012 but was activated specially for the Morey tweet
    And since returned not for Rockets reasons
    [​IMG]
    OCP
    Official Clutchfans Police

My programming won’t allow me to delete this member
    So..

#455 tinman, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020