1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

stop a second before you accuse me. Do you really know what you are talking about. I am not against voicing out. I will keep my mouth shut, but not to some made up BS.

Lovemachine2000 and dlite316 like this.
  2. bearrider

bearrider Member

The truth is out there.

Learn it before you say something stupid.

U guys supported HK KKK mask rioters?

3. bearrider

bearrider Member

The truth is out there

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You talk a lot, but you say nothing.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

such a profound statement.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you have nothing to say, your lips are sealed. Say something once, why say it again? Qu'est-ce que c'est?

7. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

yeah .in Taiwan

8. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

no history document prove communist party killed more than 1000 Japanese during WW2 while 440000 Japanese died in china.
    4000,000 ROC soldiers die while the communist **** girls in shangxi

9. bearrider

bearrider Member

Alternative video uploaded by normal HK people.

As I said, the driver was beaten and try to flee away.

10. jowman

jowman Member

What makes you think the US media reporting isn’t biased to smear the HK police?

Cause our media is so honest all the time?

Remember US and china are enemies, the media is going to do everything in its power to spin the HK situation a certain way. Not saying which side is right here but there’s more to it than the US news will have you believe

Not to mention they are aware how the average US citizen views china, anything anti China will get support and more views while a more honest unbiased media will be immediately branded commie Ching Chong propaganda

I get evetyones a passionate rockets fan and want to support morey but NBA is losing a lot of money on a cause it knows very little about. It’s easy to say you will fight for noble causes and ideologies when you are sitting behind a computer with nothing to lose, and clout to gain from jumping in to support the clear winner and popular opinion of the masses.

#390 jowman, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  11. kanariya

kanariya Member

Road block = slow down anti-riot's advance. More time for them to run.
    Airport = Airport is one of the most important thing in the city and gov. They wanted to put it to halt to pressure the gov to respond to their demand. The biggest airport protest was the 8/12 the day after the girl got shot blind. After the court issued court order they haven't been disrupting the airport since late August if I recall correctly.

I'm US citizen I got my source my news you all can access. You don't have to finger pointing.

12. kanariya

kanariya Member

Can confirm those reporting were pretty neutral in describing what happened thought they were pretty brief. Now it's a lot more on hating on the police for excessive abusing power and the gov kept silent about it.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I haven’t been there since August. My friends told me roads a blocked to the airport. Can I travel there in 3 weeks. I have booked a ticket from there to Tokyo. Do I need to worry for safety? Pressuring tourists in exchange for government’s cooperation. What kind of protest is that?

14. kanariya

kanariya Member

Just because you sound like you weren't informed about the situation. Protesters realized they caused trouble to the travelers and issued apology. After the temp court order they pretty much stopped airport activities except a couple times since late August. Like I said HK people is generally very well educated and well manner. They are not professional protesters. They just learn from trial and error. They realized they did things wrong they were willing to apologize. I bet if you are willing to have a friendly conversation with them and you will learn a lot from what they are going through.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...sorry-after-violent-protests-airport-n1042131

Your airport travel shouldn't be too much of an issue but you will need your boarding pass and document in order to enter the airport.

When you pass by HK just try to find out what kind of events or protest are being organized so you can avoid those areas. It's usually pretty quiet and normal outside of the protest areas. Take Taxi if you have to because the drivers should know better where to avoid so you won't get stuck there. Don't take MTR as it's being heavily targeted for cooperating with the police.

15. kanariya

kanariya Member

I'm sure there were other examples of protest using airport as hostage in other countries but I don't have the time to look that up now. From the protesters point of view, they wanted to do something that will hit the HK gov or economy big enough to pressure the gov. It's just different things they tried. Another reason was they were betting the HKPF won't be operating as freely in the airport as they are on the street. At least they won't be able to fire tear gas in the airport. So they saw airport was a safe place to voice their demand.

For now I don't see an issue of you traveling to HK in 3 weeks. I actually have a friend there now and leaving in a week. You shouldn't have any problem getting to the airport but just make sure you have your boarding pass and travel documents ready. As there might be road blocks set up by police to check on cars going to the airport. And the airport now requires you to show those in order to enter. And like I said earlier try to use Taxi to avoid protest areas as the driver should know where to avoid on given day. The protests have a schedule but it's easier to get those information if you can understand Chinese.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

OK. I am not sure what I am going to do. I typically take the airport express. I will be coming from SZ.
    Yes, that was a big misstep. I am glad they realize.

17. kanariya

kanariya Member

Same could say to all US airports. Plus when things happen you'll get scold at by the employees for asking question.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Do you live there right now? Where do you get you news? They kept bringing up extreme situations like Gwanjun of South Korea, and Ukraine unrest. You sound calm. Can you tell me if HK is one of that situation right now. Also the police brutality ... who started it is important. You have 20 year olds on both sides, the cop kids looked scared in many videos I saw.

19. kanariya

kanariya Member

So you will be taking express bus from Wong Gong/Lok Ma Chau? I'm not sure how's the service or if there will be delay. I guess the best way to find out is to ask local HK people or the bus operator. I'm sure they know how to avoid the trouble areas after all these months. If you'll be there on the weekends there's likely more disruption. As most bigger protests mostly happen on the weekends when people are off school or work. And Yuen Long is one of the active area that the bus might pass by.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

I would either take the Metro leaving from Luohu to the HK train station and catch the express there or take the boat to the harbor and catch the express there. I don’t know if there is any other way you can go about from SZ. I guess I could hire a driver to drive me there. I feel like that would indeed be that South Korean movie - a taxi driver. If this all doesn’t make sense -my firm is actually asking me to cancel the trip to Tokyo.