1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deadspin] ESPN Gag Order on Morey Issues

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Oct 8, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

https://deadspin.com/internal-memo-espn-forbids-discussion-of-chinese-polit-1838881032

New information... so I.D.I.O.T. So I am guessing only Deadspin and Ringer will actually cover the story decently well...

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Almost 90% of the NBA beat writers or columnists are completely silent, obviously it’s all about money.

So far :

Pop : highly praised Silver but no mention of support to Morey. Disgusting China fans are cursing him to have ‘meeting his wife soon’ after the reaction.

Kerr : still going through thought process and trying to understand the situation, will call brother in law. Spineless. His boss actually had a much positive support on Silver and freedom of speech.

CP3 : I don’t know, but I will try to find out - not my words, but actually the reply from CP3.

Harden and Russ : already apologized. China fans now call them both the no.1-2 player in the history of the game now.

Giannis : soft but still better than others, supporting free speech and said this is just misunderstood and it will go away. Now hated by fans from China.

Coach Brown (76ers) : I really don’t have much to say, sorry to let you down.

DAJ (nets) : we are no experts on this field, we come here to play ball only.

#2 Texanasiafan, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  3. theimpossibles1

I saw sportscenter earlier today and they were covering it all.

Cat's out of the bag now. Trying to hide it will only make it look worse.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

CCP government controlled TV station CCTV broadcasted multiple news and insist :

1. Morey must apologize.

2. Warning to Silver : don’t confuse between freedom of speech and country unity.

Looks like Silver will have a meeting with fireworks shortly, will be fascinating to see his statement after the meeting.

At this point, it looks like the game(s) between the Lakers and Nets will play, at least from Shanghai. But no TV broadcast for China audiences. Not sure about ESPN.

5. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

They spoke about it on the broadcast of the Blazers and Nuggets preseason game

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Any clip?