1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC TV] Titans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 19, 2018.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Cable only? because F*ck Batman.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

DC is launching their owns streaming service with original content and past shows. I think its called DC Universe.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07...-comics-and-shows-will-be-available-at-launch

No Worries likes this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That looks a lot better than I expected.....

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Man, if you liked Riverdale... JUST WAIT!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

REALLY!? the bar must have been low.

I thought we got passed the ridiculousness of super heroes on screen. The Marvel Universe has proven you can go bat **** crazy and go all in with comic books themes and costumes on screen. I wish DC would just lighten up. Everything does not have to be so realistic when there is a green boy that changes into green animals as a part of the main cast.

I'm going to watch it though, lol.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Teen Titans Go! is a staple in my house. I'm interested. Don't mess it up, DC! (aw shucks)

Blurr#7 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not how I pictured starfire, but not bad. I think this has some real potential. Teen titans go is downright amazing, and even teen titans was great (for a whole host of different reasons). I'm excited.

GRENDEL and Torn n Frayed like this.
  9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I can't have New Mutants/Alpha Flight so this will have to do!

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

I’m personally not looking forward to all these companies releasing their own streaming services but I get it.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

They are not doing Raven justice with that actress. Also, I really, really, really feel that they're going to go for a Robin/Starfire romance and that is completely mind boggling to me since this Robin is Jason Todd....

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Can't wait for this. I am a huge DC fan and am so over Marvel's popcorn cookie cutter stories. I can't wait for this, and Joaquin Phoenix's Joker... the darker, the better.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure it’s Dick Grayson. They even showed a Flying Grayson flashback.

I have read that Red Hood will eventually show up though.

Torn n Frayed and Obito like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Maybe @Obito means he is acting like Jason Todd. Dick Grayson doesn't act like the Robin in the trailer. DC has a problem just sticking to the core of their characters.

Obito likes this.
  15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Exactly, he's acting like Jason Todd with the whole f*** Batman thing. Grayson had his problems with Bats, but he was probably the Robin that respected him the most. I may be wrong though, it might just be one liner or something but I doubt it.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

First impressions: it was not good at all. CGI effects looked super cheesy (even worse than DC on CW) and the acting was terrible, especially from the actress who portrays Raven.

They didn't show Beast Boy turning into anything, and all they did was make Starfire glow. Would have been cool to include shots of Terra (if she's even in this), Slade (if he's even in this).

Is this team going to be: Robin / Starfire / Raven / Dove / Beast Boy? It's unfortunate if Terra, Slade and Cyborg are all not included.

Honestly, I feel like Titans is supposed to be a HUGE hook to get non-comic book people interested in DC's streaming service. This trailer did nothing to help business.

Maybe they're retconning or trying to set up some sort of divide between Batman and Robin; something to drive the angst. Without that, and without the issue with Raven (who seems like a major storyline from the trailers), it might devolved into a villain-of-the-week procedural.

Like Smallville, in its early days.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

its Dick Grayson and he will be transitioning to Nightwing during season 1. Jason Todd will be in an episode towards the end of the season and hes a killer so the storyline will be trying to stop him.

The Episode titles have already snuck out onto the internet in recent months.

1. Pilot
    2. Hawk and Dove
    3. Starfire
    4. Rachel
    5. The Doom Patrol ( This is a spinoff series as well)
    6. The Messenger
    7.Jason Todd
    8. Angela
    9.Donna Troy
    10. Hank and Dawn
    11. Koriand'r
    12 Dick Grayson
    13, Raven

From what I am reading the story will kick off when Dick is fired by Batman as Robin and go from there, I think that will explain Robin being so pissed off and dropping the f bomb in the fight scene on the trailer.

mrm32 likes this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I mean, I didn't gather hate for Batman in that phrase, I thought he was basically saying he is at the same stage as Batman now. I mean, hell, that's why he becomes Nightwing, because he doesn't want to just be a sidekick. That's even a factor toward why the Teen Titans exist.

Not having Cyborg is going to hurt. Also, it doesn't look like Tara plays a part either, and I thought she was a great character too. Also Slade! I'm glad Slade is going to be in TTGTM, he's a great villain if just for a goofy movie.

Waffles waffles waffles. Waffles. Waffles.

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Word is Cyborg will be in the Doom Patrol series.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wouldn't that be Robotman?

Rocket River