1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current GOP/Trump Supporters in a Nutshell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crossover, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I don't understand what your point is. We're discussing things here, on CF. What does anyone outside of CF have to do with our discussions here?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Radical Islamic terrorists are absolutely a problem. I wouldn't act or say that wasn't the case.

What is more ridiculous is the idea that we should restrict immigration based on a person being a Muslim.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. The really crazy libertarians kind of kill it for everyone else. Just when you are starting to get somewhere the "TAXATION IS THEFT" crowd show up.

Writing is an action.

[​IMG]

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Is any of that a requisite for having an opinion?

I have never been to LA, but I don’t need to travel LA to know that the schools are BAD.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

LOL. Like with almost every district in the world there are good schools and bad schools in LA. The fact that you lump them all together might be benefitted from actually traveling to LA and visiting a multitude of schools and classrooms over a prolonged period of time.

What does that have to do with helping me understand the origin of your fear?

6. Cohete Rojo

You type that as though LA Unified is not the largest school district in California. That says enough about you -- you don't know what proportion LAU students make up of all California stidents.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What? I know that it is the largest in CA and the second largest in the United States. I've worked there for more than fifteen years. I know enough about it.

You are talking as if every school in LAUSD is the same as every other school in LAUSD. Am I supposed to say that says enough about you?

You seem as if you feel your being attacked. I'm not trying to attack you. I genuinely want to know where your fear comes from. It isn't an attack on you. I'm trying to understand.

8. Cohete Rojo

Considering how far off-topic you have gone, I'll remind you that I brought up LA Unified and how bad it is in order to demonstrate that one need not "travel" and "read literature" in order to form an opinion. In this case, I sought data. Problem?

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You bringing up LAUSD has nothing to do with anything I said. You brought it up but your bringing it up didn't seem like any kind of reference to forming an opinion. Though your opinion that all LA schools are bad is lacking data if you simply use the fact that the school is in LAUSD to make that determination. I wonder if the origin of your fear comes from some similar line of reasoning.

If you are going to say that you haven't traveled nor do you read literature, that is fine. I'm requiring you to or saying you can't form an opinion without doing those things. I was trying to see if your traveling, lack of traveling, choice in literature, etc. played any part in the matter.

You can form an opinion without doing those things. That's fine. I was fishing for where your fear originated. You could just tell me why you are so afraid and I won't ask any other questions.

It's also fine if you just say you don't want to discuss where your fear originates.