1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current Astros who will have their number retired?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by nachbarFTW, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, the reality is that he hasn't been healthy and I am skeptical he will be in the future. Still I think there will be a few teams that will make offers the Astros will not be willing to meet.

MadMax likes this.
  2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No mention yet of Yordan Alvarez in this thread? SMH.

3. HTown2017Champs

I said for those who want Oswalt's number retired, maybe we can co-retire 44 for him and Air Yordan (precedent exists by other teams: Yankees #8 and Cubs #31 come to mind). Too lazy to quote and cut out that part but I did say that.

NIKEstrad likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

5 Bagwell
    7 Biggio
    -- for achievement

25 Cruz
    34 Ryan
    -- for achievement plus local icon status

That's it as of now. Everybody else goes in the Astros HOF. Altuve should join those numbers someday, maybe others but too early to tell.

5. BleedsRocketRed

I wouldn't mind Berkman, he was the face of the Astros for 12 years and over the entire 2000's.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Scott was great but it was so brief.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  7. HTown2017Champs

And unlike Dierker, Cruz, Wynn, and even Ryan, once he retired, he just disappeared. Didn't continue to work for the organization post-retirement in any capacity like the others did.

8. Buck Turgidson

Luke?

Tomstro likes this.