1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19/Coronavirus NBA Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Maromi, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I normally don't think it is cool to joke about someone's health or death. But I have to admit this is hilarious.

Dolan is so hated he's almost reached Osama bin Laden status. Tilman Fertitta is not too far behind.

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not even feeling bad. Tilman is not even close in terms of fan outrage to Dolan. like millions of miles away.
    Nobody at the games this year had any fans have any type of angst toward him.

First and foremost, our team doesn't suck, especially not at the Knick's level.
    Secondly it's Houston fans. I feel Bill O'Brien gets more hate.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/28/ny-knicks-rangers-owner-james-dolan-test-positive-coronavirus-covid/
    KNICKS OWNER JAMES DOLAN
    TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS... 'Little To No Symptoms'

"The Madison Square Garden Company Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jim Dolan has tested positive for coronavirus. He has been in self-isolation and is experiencing little to no symptoms. He continues to oversee business operations."

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Doris is not far behind.

Jontro and Easy like this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Just a random thought. With the season being lost and Harden still making his $42 million but everyone else working at Toyota Center losing their jobs, if he donated $1 million to the employees left stranded by this with each recipient receiving $30k, which I would imagine is about all the majority of the concessions and ticket booth, etc. make, that would take care of 33 families. Can you imagine? Just 2% of Hardens yearly salary is equivalent to 33 people's take home pay?

VanityHalfBlack and daywalker02 like this.
  7. TilmanFinancialWindfall

NYC is infested...so what do New Yorkers do? Let's gather in a big crowd to take a picture of the ship on 3/30/2020

[​IMG]

VanityHalfBlack and B-Bob like this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

By NYC standards that's basically a 2 to 3 person gathering at most. Their definition of personal space and large gatherings is different than the average city.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And I'm sure their definition of a pandemic disaster is also different than the average city. :(

10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

It's like the George Carlin joke: "We New Yorkers are tough. We have immunity to everything because we have been swimming in shlt since we were a little kid. Who's afraid of a little shlt! Not New Yorkers! We're already living in a cess pool!"

Guess they still think they are immune going out there taking pictures.

I wonder how the Sugar Babies and Mistress in NYC are doing now that the rich all moved to the Hamptons to be with their family and wives.

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Considering how they responded to Superstorm Sandy...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stephen Curry, Draymond Green Organizing Virtual Peloton Rides

Stepen Curry, Draymond Green and several other members of the Golden State Warriors have Peloton bikes at their homes and have been participating in morning virtual group rides.

“In the Tour de Warriors,” Curry said, “I’m above average, but I’m not on the podium yet. I have to figure out how to get there. There’s always something to shoot for.”

Green is known to be a stationary bike enthusiast for several years.

“You walk out feeling sweaty, feeling good like you got a workout in, but it doesn’t put much strain on the body," the three-time NBA champion told NBC Sports Bay Area's Kerith Burke about one year ago. "Sometimes it’s good to get away from the game of basketball or the typical weight room.

“You’re working out with a different group of people, you’re all on rhythm, trying to stay on the beat with each other. When you add music to a workout, it’s fun. I do it a lot with my fiancée, and we have a good time. We sit next to each other. She’s really good at it.”

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

he's going to sprain an ankle, pushing it.

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Ayesha will break the seat

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA Ideally Wants Champion Crowned By Labor Day, Would Be Difficult To Restart Later Than June

The NBA continues to plan for scenarios to pick up the 19-20 season and play enough playoff games to crown a legitimate champion. The NBA has viewed the possible completion of the playoffs by Labor Day as an ideal scenario.

"I know this: the league's hope is, their goal is, objective... is to have a season wrapped up by Labor Day Weekend," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "That way they could have the backend of The Finals right before the start of football season, if indeed football is starting.

"But there's just no way for them to know what it all looks like in June. I think if we're in June and they're not right on the cusp of opening up camps for a couple of weeks and play a few regular season games... If you start to get into June and that doesn't seem like something that the league can move right into, then I think it becomes really hard to restart the league. Then you're looking at such a compact... At some point the hardest decision is what is a legitimate representative like tournament? Playoff system? To really have a legitimate champion."

Wojnarowski talked about the concern that the playoff system could be perceived as "farcical" if there isn't a complete enough playoffs.

NBA Likely To Keep Original Dates For Draft, Free Agency If Season Canceled By Early June

The timing of both the draft and free agency are almost certainly dependent on whether the NBA expects to resume its season in June. If the NBA anticipates being able to complete the season, then it will likely be postponed until late August or September. But if the NBA gives up hope on completing its season by early June, then they'll likely move forward with the draft and free agency as scheduled. That decision would allow the NBA's historical season rollover date to remain unchanged.

"If we do have the season resume, we probably don't have a draft or free agency until September," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "Until the season is over. But what if you wait on this and all of a sudden we get to June 1st, or June 5th, or June 10th and there's an environment where the season can't resume? Where they say 'we're going to have to.. we're not close enough to being able to return to work in the NBA. We're out of time. We have to look at canceling the season.'

"Now all of a sudden you've got the draft on June 25th and free agency on June 30th. Those very well probably then just stay in tact."

Windhorst: 'Significant Amount Of Pessimism' That NBA Will Restart Season

The NBA is "angling" for a deal to shut down the rest of the season, sources told Brian Windhorst of ESPN.

"The talks between the players union and the league this week, I've talked to both sides of this issue, and it is clear that the NBA is angling to set up a deal that enables them to shut the season down," said Windhorst during an appearance on Sportscenter.

"Now they don't have to do that yet, and the way they're negotiating they're leaving themselves an option either way, but they're not having talks about how to restart the league, they're having financial talks about what would happen if the season shuts down, and I think there is a significant amount of pessimism right now," added Windhorst.

Windhorst pointed to the Chinese Basketball Association delaying their season as a blow to the NBA's hopes, citing a potential second wave of positive COVID-19 tests in the country caused by asymptomatic carriers.

The CBA delayed the start of their season earlier this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...lan-for-possible-canceled-season-report-says/

"The talks between the players union and the league this week, I've talked to both sides of this issue, and it is clear that the NBA is angling to set up a deal that enables them to shut the season down," Windhorst said. "Now they don't have to do that yet, and the way they're negotiating they're leaving themselves an option either way, but they're not having talks about how to restart the league, they're having financial talks about what would happen if the season shuts down, and I think there is a significant amount of pessimism right now."

"There comes a point where you go too far and start looking at damaging two seasons, and that is what the NBA is trying to evaluate. They do have runway here, I do think that if they had to go into August or September to finish this season, but I'm not sure they feel confident about that right now, and a big factor is testing. We just don't have the testing. At some point not only does there have to be a test that's quick and can evaluate whether or not a player is healthy enough to enter a game, but you have to know whether you have the tests available so you're not taking them away from people who need them, and so right now, that's not here. If in six or eight weeks, if it is here, we can have a different conversation, but the league is preparing for that answer to be no."

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

They could play HORSE for the championship.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And that’s why they’re fighting so hard to keep the season open for Lebron’s ass.