1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hopefully, you two don't have it.

Buuut if you do, can you tell us how you and your wife are doing, throughout? Sounds silly, but something in the format of "day 1: this happened. day 2: this happened." would be really helpful.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

>>>>>Medical Laboratory Science 2 year degree <<<<

for those thinking of career change , tons of job posted that pay nearly as nursing 4 year degree

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

NPR is pretty good too, I think.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

reuters.com

daywalker02 and CCity Zero like this.
  5. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I don't think that the smartphones thing is just a Greece issue, i also don't know alot of 80-90 pepole that have smartphones and if they do most of them don't really know how to use them.
    I read that Czech are also starting to ease some of their lockdown measures.

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx very much. I will watch this with my full attention now.

Fear not about your second point, because we are fully determined to make ourselves the lab rats of the world - to the delight of someone like president Trump.

The CDC in my country as I have mentioned will start handing out chloroqinue (not even hydroxychloroqinue) to everyone after checking their blood for hepatic enzymes so as soon as we have the first symptom we will see what happens and we can make a good clinical trial.

They have already prepared 24 million doses. (there are only 11 million people).

But funny thing is this. We used to have malaria here decades ago. I recently found out that my father and my grandparents used to take chloroqinue pills in the 50s for months - handed out by the red cross- to battle malaria and noone got blind.

daywalker02, CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Maybe they will keep all lockdown measures for 80+ year olds?

I keep thinking that if this pandemic had happened 10 years later it would all have been much easier. There would be much more teleworking, tele education, almost everyone in all ages would have access to the internet and information, and smartphone devices.

Of course if it also had happened 10 years ago it would be that much worse.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't know my uncle. ;-)

Houstunna, daywalker02 and Gdaliya like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Wife currently in bed with high grade fevers. I just have sore throat. PCR results pending but we only have exposure from work due to our social distancing so not other good explanations for our symptoms.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those were not total lockdowns to begin with.

Citizens could go out to work, help others, for groceries, errands, and for a walk or run.

This has been extended till at least May.

After Easter holidays in 8 days, small toy, home tooling and electronic stores open for a few hours to limited number of clients with their masks on. And keeping the social distance.

They revealed a plan to open more shops but the restrictions won't be lifted for at least another month or two.

I mean who goes to a private toy or electronic store anyways in light of Covid-19? Not many.

Houstunna and malakas like this.
  11. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I wish my uncles knew how to use their smartphones insted of asking us questions all the time.

Well i do belive that we will learn from this and we will improve many of the things you noted here, necessity is the mother of invention and im sure that everyone would want to get ready for the second wave if he comes.

Personally im pretty worried about the future of pepole like me that are young but are pretty much in the high risk group.
    Would i have to think twice before i go anywhere? or meeting pepole? and what about seeing my doctors and my checkups and chronic?.

malakas likes this.
  12. Entropy

Entropy Member

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/fda-issued-emergency-authorization-hydroxychloroquine-treatment-covid-19-patients-

"April 4, 2020 – A global survey found that anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly-rated treatment against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

This new survey completed by Sermo on March 27, 2020, reported 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37 percent of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options."

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is great news indeed. But... are you quoting your own twitter account? (NTTAWWT)

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Take care, @Ubiquitin. I guess you're in the medical world already (?) so will know what to do and how to monitor.

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I know that there are cases now being found in cats and dogs. Even thought it hasn't been shown to pass from cats to humans, would it be enough to possibly call animal control to ask a neighbor in the area to take their cats in? They let their cats roam everywhere and it's annoying but now it's dangerous possibly.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol well I liked the format better. I could have just posted it here all the same.

B-Bob and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This may have been presented in some other form, but this is data from patients in the Lombardy region of Italy From February to mid-March. The tables in the "Figures/Tables" diagram give some interesting demographics. Again, this is 3-week old data :

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2764365

Blake and B-Bob like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

1 in 3 doctors recommend ... :)

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You should post this in the "Buying a gun" thread.

B-Bob likes this.