1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

The greek CDC said that the immunity according to the latest inernational studies so far is estimated to last at least 2-3 years!
    First time I ever heard of this.

Amiga likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Can lungs recover from that much damage?
    Well.... Thats cause youre CDC isnt American. We are packing churches for Easter and going back to work in a couple of weeks.

3. malakas

malakas Member

China closes borders to foreign nationals from this weekend
    China has announced it will close its border to foreign nationals from this weekend.

Other measures include restricting foreign airlines to a single route, with no more than one weekly flight. Each Chinese airline is permitted one route to any specific country with no more than one flight a week.

Wow.

China is very determined.
    In Pandemics just doing mass testings isnt enough in a globalised world.
    South Korea, Singapore and others must do the same if they want to keep it under conryol from flowbacks.

When we here get back in our feet all countries will have to do the same until the vaccine.
    A world with closed borders.

Amiga and daywalker02 like this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

5. malakas

malakas Member

Christian Wood wasted two more tests to be found negative while he is in the least possible risk group and while the epidemic is coming to the peak in the US and people with serious symptoms are turned away or have to wait for 10 days..

Nook and Mazulis like this.
  6. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Problem, this is too cheap drug to use, in usa it cost 20$ at supply lines, and it will create shortages for people in need of this medication.NY area received over 30 million doses of this drug. We will see in the future the data how that was used

7. what

what Member

Here in brenham Texas they're not even really testing so we don't know how many people have it here.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nature is throwing us this super speedy curve ball to decimate us..........but we are going to come out of this prepared for the next one.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

To our friends that think this is just going to blow over... still...

China has been through it and they want no part of it again. If they are willing to keep it close, they are essentially willing to wreck their economy. This should tell all of us something.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That would be great. Now let's hope it doesn't mutant too much...

malakas likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

It is too dangerous substance to use on mild cases. Why did NY receive so many doses?

Also what is going on in NY? I read on social media some things like there isn't even thermometers on drug stores and you have to wait 2 hours to buy eggs and bread. Is it true?

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

No thanks, she reminds me of the Laces out lady from Ace Ventura.

[​IMG]

Patience and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

You mean Sean Young? She's a pretty good looking lady. You need to watch some of her best 80s movies like Blade Runner, Dune, and No Way Out!

NotInMyHouse, Hakeemtheking and B-Bob like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This sounds like a completely random guess. I'm sure they did some studies and such, but not sure how they'd know this with much confidence. I dont' recall there being anything close to a consensus about whether/how much it might mutate for example.

15. likestohypeguy

IIRC she had a dong, in that movie, sounds like the problem Tmac'n has. I'm not saying Judge Hidalgo has a dong, or even that Tmac'n thinks she does.

TMac'n likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've seen mention of this Kinsa company/thermometer many times over the last few days. I have to wonder, how many of them are really out there? I'm sure they don't need millions to make statistical observations (ala political or other polling)... but all the articles are making it seem like definitive clues as to spread, illnesses, etc.

I mean for one, don't you have to consider the population that is likely buying a Kinsa, a $36-$90 product... which was probably shelved next to a $10-$30 one? Are those the type of people more/less likely to socially isolate in the first place? Is it regional, etc.?

Still... logic would of course say, more social distancing = less virus.

I'm not sure if this would work, but I've been a proponent of 3 months on, 1 month off for schooling, precisely because EVERY YEAR, like CLOCKWORK, we come back from Christmas break and everyone in my family is seemingly sick for 1-2 months thereafter. This year, we all had the flu. I had strep and flu at the same time.

[side-bar: i never actually tested positive for the flu. i tested positive for strep and negative for flu, took abx for 2 days, which should of had me feeling better in 24 hours, but was actually feeling worse... went back into a clinic, she declined to test me and just said you've got to have flu also - some of my kids DID test positive for flu-A - and prescribed me tamiflu. I was sick-sick for maybe 5 days. That was early February. A week later my wife got sick with a low grade fever, overall malaise and alight cough which last a good 8-9 days... went in once, no positive flu test, just some kind of "virus" apparently.. mid February.... INTERESTING!!]

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Singapore has been ramping up travel restrictions as imported cases continue to increase. No complete ban yet but they are definitely considering it - as a trading and travel hub, it's a delicate balance to strike, and during normal periods 300,000 workers cross the border from Malaysia to work everyday. Out of confirmed 558 cases so far, 392 were imported. There's also suspicion that some people from Indonesia flew in for the sole purpose of getting tested. Hospitals have been holding up so far, but it won't be able to take a mass influx of covid patients from other countries.

malakas likes this.
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I imagine her with a dong....everytime

19. SuraGotMadHops

I need some refreshments, Dan. Would you like some refreshments, Dan? I'll be right back DAN!!

NotInMyHouse, TMac'n and DonkeyMagic like this.